Packing list for 3 year old

Cajun23

Mouseketeer
I have been to Disney world but first time with toddlers (3yr old).

Does anyone have a packing list or a link to a good one. I know I will forget something?

Trip is in Dec.

I don't think we used a specific packing list for someone for a child of DD's age (she was a young 3 when we went in Sept). We just used one of the generic packing lists on the web for Disney that was at the top of the google search.

I did opt to use pull-ups instead of underwear in the parks. While DD has been solidly potty trained for 6 months, we did not want the preassure of being in long lines, looking for bathrooms, and having accidents. The good news is that she made it through the entire trip without an accident, but the piece of mind for me by having her in pull-ups was worth it.

I also would not bring life jackets for swimming, as the resort pools on property have them there if you are staying on property.

I don't think we used a specific packing list for someone for a child of DD's age (she was a young 3 when we went in Sept). We just used one of the generic packing lists on the web for Disney that was at the top of the google search.

I did opt to use pull-ups instead of underwear in the parks. While DD has been solidly potty trained for 6 months, we did not want the preassure of being in long lines, looking for bathrooms, and having accidents. The good news is that she made it through the entire trip without an accident, but the piece of mind for me by having her in pull-ups was worth it.

I also would not bring life jackets for swimming, as the resort pools on property have them there if you are staying on property.

Thank you. We are staying at Poly so I would assume we would be good on life jackets as you mentioned.

2 things i was thinking about bringing is a night light and a step stool. Do you think they are needed or no?

Yes, on the night light. I always bring one. I don't think the step stool is necessary, but we fly and don't have the space. Bring a power strip, we have lots of things that need to be recharged at the end of the day and there are never enough plugs.

Also, you can add a bed rail to your reservation. We used it when we stayed at AoA when DS2 was 2. It was sure nice to not worry about him falling out of bed. We also used pull ups on him during our trip even though he was potty trained. I don't think it was ever wet, but like the previous poster mentioned it was nice not having to stress about it. The automatic toilets might be an issue also. Some moms just cover the sensor with their hand, but I have seen some that bring post it notes to cover them.

If your daughter is into princesses, maybe bring a few dresses. I brought two for my daughter and she asked to wear one after seeing a few girls wearing theirs at the magic kingdom.

if you are driving, a step stool for using the hotel sink would be great. We flew so I could not bring that and I just pick her up to wash her hands and to rinse for brushing her teeth.

My DD has been trained for 8 months and I have a 5 year old with me. She is wearing underwear. We have just been careful about potty breaks before getting into lines. Just couple of hours or after a meal, DH and I will say we have to go potty and then we have the kids go too. We have been here most of the week and so far this plan is working great. We have not had anyone have to go while in line.

If your daughter is into princesses, maybe bring a few dresses. I brought two for my daughter and she asked to wear one after seeing a few girls wearing theirs at the magic kingdom.

if you are driving, a step stool for using the hotel sink would be great. We flew so I could not bring that and I just pick her up to wash her hands and to rinse for brushing her teeth.

My DD has been trained for 8 months and I have a 5 year old with me. She is wearing underwear. We have just been careful about potty breaks before getting into lines. Just couple of hours or after a meal, DH and I will say we have to go potty and then we have the kids go too. We have been here most of the week and so far this plan is working great. We have not had anyone have to go while in line.

Thank you.

She does love princesses and we have a dress packed. We will also do BBB so she will get another one there.

We are flying also and was going to try and fit a step stool in the luggage possibly.

Kids are just becoming potty trained so we will have to bring pull ups. Also debating purchasing a fold up collapsible seat for them also.

We just left the bathroom light on as a night light. Snacks would be my number one suggestion, my kid wouldn't eat at the restaurants. I swear she survived that week off of peanut butter sandwiches made in room and goldfish in the parks. We managed to get her to eat fries and chicken nuggets but that was the only thing she would touch. We ended up making a target run for some fruit and sandwich supplies. I think there was just to much going on for her to settle down and eat.

We also brought along those mini fiber packs to dissolve in her juice, the sudden change in diet can really mess up kids and we wanted to keep her regular (we gave her half a normal dose and definitely helped her keep from holding it in and causing constipation).

We also bought some Disney glow sticks that were being sold at Target and some light up toys to give her during the night shows, fraction of the price of what they'll be selling in the parks.

Gallon ziplock bags to keep a backup outfit on you. If your kid has an accident, gets caught in the rain, or wet on a ride, a back up outfit will be a life saver. Last but not least, a stroller. My DD doesn't use a stroller at home, but I bought one so we could have one for the parks, my DH thought I was crazy. I don't know what we would have done without it. When the parks became overwhelming to her she would get in and curl up with the shade pulled down. It was her getaway and kept her from melting down.

Kids are just becoming potty trained so we will have to bring pull ups. Also debating purchasing a fold up collapsible seat for them also.

We brought one, the toilets are so big, my DD wouldn't go without it. We carried a backpack with the seat folded up in a ziplock bag along with baby wipes. She had to sit so far forward sometimes pee would get on her pants. The extra outfit was often used because of this.

We had her in pull ups just in case but she never had an accident, she can hold it for about 3-4 hours, we tried to do a bathroom break every two.

Thanks for the suggestions.

We are planning to bring snacks. 1 of the 2 twins is a picky eater but she likes fruit & chicken nuggets.

We plan on bringing pull ups also and rented a stroller.

We will probably buy the fold up seat and place it in a backpack as well.

When DS was a toddler I did send a bunch of stuff through amazon to the room, including snacks and a step stool . Get the cheapest one they have, it costs nothing if you think how much you spend at Disney. I also used pull ups at nighttime for peace of mind and took and inflatable toddler bed for him to sleep in
With just potty trained toddlers when out and about I found that sitting them backwards on the toilet works fine, I know of several stories of the foldable seat collapsing into the toilet. And don't forget post its to block the automatic flushing

Thanks Lupiex. I had heard about shipping through Amazon but recently i have heard of so many people doing it that it took a couple days after arriving to get your things.

Did you ship it to the resort or to another address?
How did you find out what address to ship to?
Once arrived is it at the lobby or how do you go about requesting it?

I didn't think about the seat collapsing. My wife bout some cover but didn't know if that would be better or the seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter