Packing...how have the temps felt this week?

KK505

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. So I’m trying to get started on packing for our trip this Sunday-Wednesday but am finding myself unsure of what type of clothes to pack—how hot has it been during day and how cold at night? I’m trying to figure out if my kids are going to be too hot in leggings and long sleeve during day but too cold at night. Any advice would be much much appreciated!!

west coast in strange weather pattern right now best to see a forecast on the internet, I questioned the heat, but sure enough warm but really cold in the mornings and when sun sets....where are you coming from in terms of weather?

west coast in strange weather pattern right now best to see a forecast on the internet, I questioned the heat, but sure enough warm but really cold in the mornings and when sun sets....where are you coming from in terms of weather?

I’m coming from NM and highs here have been 50s and lows in 20s so California 80s for high seems hot but 50s for low seems cold (talk about whiplash weather!?!)...wondering if hoodies and pants is going to be warm enough during the cold parts of the day?

I’m coming from NM and highs here have been 50s and lows in 20s so California 80s for high seems hot but 50s for low seems cold (talk about whiplash weather!?!)...wondering if hoodies and pants is going to be warm enough during the cold parts of the day?

When it's in the 70s I usually wear yoga pants, t-shirt and zip up yoga hoodie to the parks and I'm plenty warm in the mornings. Take off hoodie when it warms up. Then put it back on in the evening. Tomorrow I'm going and it should be in the 80s so I'm wearing shorts, t-shirt and hoodie in the morning and then I'll ditch the hoodie once it warms up. I don't plan on being in the parks past 8:00pm tomorrow so I'm not bringing pants but if I was closing the park I would bring a pair of pants to change into when it got colder.

With the crazy Santa Anas and fires the weather is pretty screwy right now. Not sure what it will be loke Sun-Weds though. All i can suggest is layer leayer layer.

If the children wear gloves in the morning, with the leggings and hoodie, that should work, but in the evenings, a hoodie over a t-shirt is not going to keep them warm, even with gloves, a thicker layer under the hoodie is going to be needed. That is the beauty of returning to lodging around 2:00, when you return at 5 it will be dark, and everyone can have long pants and thick upper body clothing and be warm. Though standing in line at the gate in the morning could be cold,

We came from similar weather (in the midwest) last week. Highs in CA were in the lower 70's and lows were just over 50. We wore shorts, t-shirts and hoodies. The hoodies came off in the afternoons.
If the children wear gloves in the morning, with the leggings and hoodie, that should work, but in the evenings, a hoodie over a t-shirt is not going to keep them warm, even with gloves, a thicker layer under the hoodie is going to be needed. That is the beauty of returning to lodging around 2:00, when you return at 5 it will be dark, and everyone can have long pants and thick upper body clothing and be warm. Though standing in line at the gate in the morning could be cold,
Gloves? You must live in CA. ;)

Hi everyone. So I’m trying to get started on packing for our trip this Sunday-Wednesday but am finding myself unsure of what type of clothes to pack—how hot has it been during day and how cold at night? I’m trying to figure out if my kids are going to be too hot in leggings and long sleeve during day but too cold at night. Any advice would be much much appreciated!!
Frankly this week has felt like summer to me. Very weird but nice.

:wizard:

Packing now too for almost the same days! We're packing our UGG boots, leggings, winter coats, and mittens for nighttime. We also use those hand warmers that people buy for camping/outdoor activities. For daytime, we usually wear leggings/jeans and a fleece jacket that goes on/off. Definitely pack warm with layers. One December a couple years ago, we didn't pack warm at all. We were miserable as soon as it got dark because of how quick the temps drop. They'll have some basic black gloves available for purchase in stores around Main Street (for $5.95 or $6.95 each, can't remember), but those puppies get bought up pretty quickly and are pretty low quality (I speak from experience, lol).

Gloves? You must live in CA. ;)

Ha! We're from Colorado and pack mittens! We freeeeeeeeze otherwise. The Southern California cold is different than Colorado cold, probably from all the moisture in the air.

Last edited:
....my second wife was thin and short, the stature of children in weight and she really struggled on our December visit a few years ago. She was a trooper in the morning hours and the gloves did help till the low horizon sun was able to decrease the length of the ROA shade. but come night, she didn't mind wearing a hat in the dark with gloves. Coming back from lodging she would double up all the sweatshirts, as for me, I wore shorts and thicker sweatshirt at night.....after all we had traveled from Oregon to bask in the California sunshine.

I am here right now. I am wearing pants but I really wish I would've worn shorts. It's 75° at 10 AM. It's going to be pretty warm today. It should be like this through Sunday and then maybe slightly cooler starting Monday.

My friends and I are trying to figure out what to wear for Monday. We are wimps in the cold. I know I personally start shivering when it’s below 70 (this is what happens when you’re raised in the desert). I thought about wearing leggings (athletic kind) and a long sleeve, and bring a jacket for the morning and night. I’m just hoping the long sleeve shirt isn’t too warm midday.

I am here right now. I am wearing pants but I really wish I would've worn shorts. It's 75° at 10 AM. It's going to be pretty warm today. It should be like this through Sunday and then maybe slightly cooler starting Monday.
What type of weather are you used to? I’m planning to wear leggings on Monday (forecast as 82). Would that be too warm?

......so the visits with my Joshua tree sister in December is that she was never warm, the mornings chilled her and by time the sun came over the Disneyland shade berm it was turning to night and she purchased a sweatshirt to go over her light hooodie . The mornings seem to chill thin folks to the bone and takes for a long recovery into early noon.

I find that it always feels warmer in the parks than the temperature suggests. If it's 80, then it feels 90 to me. There's just something about all the concrete and crowds that makes it seem warmer. It will get cold when the sun goes down, but I've always been fine in a hoodie, even last December when we were there around the same time and it was only high-60s during the day. Remember, you can always get a locker to stash extra layers if needed. Have fun, I'll be there on Sunday too!

I was so hot today, sweating bullets in my yoga pants and t-shirt. I saw so many kids in long pants and sweaters jumping in the splash pad in Bugs Land. It's going to be even hotter tomorrow and Sunday. Through Sunday at least I would really not expect cold mornings. Once the sun went down it cooled off considerably but I was very comfortable in my long pants, t-shirt and zip up yoga jacket.

I was so hot today, sweating bullets in my yoga pants and t-shirt. I saw so many kids in long pants and sweaters jumping in the splash pad in Bugs Land. It's going to be even hotter tomorrow and Sunday. Through Sunday at least I would really not expect cold mornings. Once the sun went down it cooled off considerably but I was very comfortable in my long pants, t-shirt and zip up yoga jacket.
Thanks for the update. I will be watching the weather like a hawk this weekend to see if it gets to the 70's by Monday. I may wear a short sleeve shirt rather than long sleeve like I had planned.

Thanks for the update. I will be watching the weather like a hawk this weekend to see if it gets to the 70's by Monday. I may wear a short sleeve shirt rather than long sleeve like I had planned.

I think unlikely. Its supposed to be in the low to mid 80s all next week. I would wear a short sleeve and bring a sweater or something if you're worried about being cold.

I just chucked more wood into the woodstove.
Winter is here in the Pacific NW! Cold and Clear... Low 40's during the day, dipping into the 20's at night.

I love to escape to SoCal when it gets cold here at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter