Packing for 10 days - advice

We are both tech geeks, so our personal bags will be stuffed with gear including plug-in and portable chargers, cameras, iPads, laptops and various other items.
On my next trip to WDW, my carry-on will have no clothing and be entirely tech ... three laptops, two tablets, four cameras, three phones, two pairs of noise cancelling headphones, et cetera. It's by far my largest packing challenge - the clothes are easy! :D

May I suggest Shout Color Catchers. So you can do 1 big load. I always throw a pair of jeans in for each of us and a sweatshirt. I think that is why we always have great weather

Kae
Awesome idea, thanks.

We do 4 shorts, 4 tee shirts, 2 hoodies, a waterproof and I add in 3 dresses for me for evening time then we do laundry.

Kids have been regimented for years and know exactly what to bring down to pack. Not so much DH. A few years ago we were going to California for 21 nights. He came down with a pile bigger then him stating I don't have 21 pairs of socks.

This is why we will never stay in a Dvc studio and have a minimum of a 1 bedroom in our minds. I put on a load every day as we leave and dry it when we get in. that way laundry is done but doesn't eat into my trip.

We did laundry on one visit years ago and I vowed nevermore! We are going for 14 days and we will be packing for 15. I bring 8 pairs of shorts, two pairs of jeans, two pairs of slacks, 15 shirts, 18 underwear, 18 socks, plus various this and that. I hate to do laundry on vacation as I have to do it three times a week at home. Just my opinion, of course.

I did the same thing at Disneyland. I was stuck at the resort for over almost three hours waiting for laundry to wash/dry and then fold and bring back to our room. I felt trapped (LOL!!!). My DH and I leave tomorrow for a 10 day trip and I packed one outfit for each day, plus extras. I think I would rather spend 10 minutes rolling a 40 pound suitcase thru the airport than spend time doing laundry. We are leaving our four kids at home so thankfully I won't have to worry about mounds of dirty clothes building up around the room. In that case, I would bite the bullet and do a load of laundry. :-)

I got back from a seven day trip last week (six full park days plus departure day), and I'd packed with the intention of not doing a single load of laundry. I had twelve pairs of underwear, nine shirts, four pairs of trousers, and four bras.

Spoiler alert: we totally did a load of laundry in the middle of the week. We got so hot and sweaty (plus dealing with water from various wet rides) that we both really wanted a completely fresh outfit every day, so we made an early night of it four days in and just dealt with it. It was really nice not having to worry about "budgeting" my wardrobe after that; I had enough clean shirts that I could change into a fresh one in the evening, for the flight home, etc. if I needed to.

So I'd say pack enough clothing to take you about halfway through the trip with a totally fresh set every day (plus a few extra shirts and underwear) and plan to do laundry.

Part of that for me is the fact that I only own four pairs of short pants, though, and I absolutely was not going to bring my jeans to Florida in September. I guess if you own more clothing you can get away with just packing a whole trip's worth (though then again I also saved $25 by going all carry-on).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter