Packing Essentials?

DreamtheImpossible

Mouseketeer
What are your MUST HAVES when you go to Disney?

My family of 8 (4 kids, 15, 10, 6, 3) will be going for a week on October 23rd!

What might I forget to pack?

Phone charger and cords, sun hats, swim goggles, flashlight for room, book to read at hotel, blister bandaids, extra socks, extra shoes, kleenex, hand sanitizer and/or wipes, masks, lanyards, neck fan or cooling towel, extra duffel bag to pack all the things you buy in the parks!

What are your MUST HAVES when you go to Disney?

My family of 8 (4 kids, 15, 10, 6, 3) will be going for a week on October 23rd!

What might I forget to pack?
A plug adapter that has extra sockets or USB's, there is never enough space to plug everything in. External battery, silicone straws if you get annoyed with the paper ones disintegrating after 30 seconds

First aid kit!! Or at least bandaids, Tylenol, ibuprofen (both adult and children’s) and Benadryl!!! Extra socks and shoes!!!

I know most have been mentioned but here's my list. I have a spreadsheet for my packing list that I change based on time of year.

Ziplocs, disposable ponchos (we like to night ride Splash Mountain), charger with USB ports, flashlight, external battery, KT tape for blisters.

I would like to highlight making sure that you have the cords to all of the power banks so that they can all charge at the same time (also a power strip/multi charging).

Straws, definitely plastic straws. I have a sensory issue with paper and those straws eek me out. Especially alcoholic beverages where the paper disintegrates in .2 seconds.

Otherwise, echoing what others said - phone charger, hand sanitizer, a Walmart/Amazon/Kroger order for water in the room.

Added a pack of straws to my list....I do always forget about those. Does anyone order compostable straws? I love the straws Starbucks has, at least in Washington. Very sturdy.

Lots of great suggestions here!

My kids are older now but I used to like to pre-buy some souvenir type toys that might be cheaper from the Disney Store or wherever sells their favorite characters. I check the dollar spot at Target for little goodies, special snack treats or light up whirly toys. Anything to save some $$ instead of getting bombarded with impulse gimmies, lol. I liked to space the toy drops out throughout the trip like as a surprise when waking up or returning to the room.

For my purse I use a dangle hand sanitizer and a travel pack size of disinfectant wipes. Also a small battery pack for charging my phone.

I have a 2 different "travel pouches" so I don't have to build it up for every trip, I just remember to pack them. In my electronics pouch, I keep my multi-plug USB outlet, extra charging cords and plugs. In my "everything else" pouch I keep a roll of packing tape, small scissors, medium and fine tip sharpie, post it notes, ear plugs night light, sm flash light, clothespins or chip clips (I also keep a set of magnetic clips so I can put a note on the fridge), laundry pods/dryer sheets (in a recycled vitamin container), and kids' wrist bands that I custom ordered with my phone # on it.

You do so much walking at WDW. When we went for a 10 day trip, I cut out 2 layers of Dr Scholl's foam insoles for all of our shoes and it was a life saver. At this point, we have orthotic insoles, so I don't have to sit on the floor cutting out the foam feet shapes anymore, lol.

I packed hand santizing wipes for tables, which I don't think has been mentioned yet. I like the Anker products (portable USB charger). Depending on when you are going, sunscreen sticks are a great way to reapply sunscreen that isn't messy.

I used a ziplock bag for most of my 'toiletry' items that usually roll around in the bottom of my bag. When going through security I just pulled it out for them to look through which one guy said he appreciated. Treated it kinda like the airport in that regard. A 2nd ziplock might be handy for your phone if going on wet rides or even putting in 1/2 eaten snacks lol. My little toiletry kit was basically lip balm, a small container of various pills (ibuprofen, ginger, caffeine), hand sanitizer, a few antibacterial wet wipes, bandaids, and a small tube of sunscreen, lipstick, a mirror, tums. Oh and a comb lol so I can take pictures after getting off the Incredicoaster :p

We pre-ordered groceries to our room including plenty of liquids. The 2nd ziplock was also handy for any water bottles we threw in the freezer but then it sweats all inside my bag.

A plug adapter that has extra sockets or USB's, there is never enough space to plug everything in. External battery, silicone straws if you get annoyed with the paper ones disintegrating after 30 seconds
I prefer the hard plastic straws, personally.

I forgot to add that I take my skinny sharpie into the parks with me. Comes in handy for so many things. I use it to identify drinks by writing the person's initial on the bottle cap or lid. I also write down how much is on my DGC, line out the old $ and write in the new amt. Use small writing so you have more space. When you get home, you can use regular rubbing alcohol to wipe off any sharpie from your card and write how much is left on it for next time.

I know most have been mentioned but here's my list. I have a spreadsheet for my packing list that I change based on time of year.

Ziplocs, disposable ponchos (we like to night ride Splash Mountain), charger with USB ports, flashlight, external battery, KT tape for blisters.
What is KT taper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter