Packing Cube Recomendations

Jimsig

DIS Veteran
Can anybody recommend a a specific brand of packing cubes? I don't care where I get them from but I do have some Target rewards I can use if they have good ones.

Just 2 of us, me (Dad) and my my 14 DD and we tend to travel a few times a year between Disney, a cruise, and road trips to NYC.

TIA

We have Eagle Creek, both regular and the compression type, made from the lightweight fabric. We’ve used these same ones many times without any problems or sign of wear. We bought them from Container Store years ago.

Thanks. I have had an Eagle Creek bag that I have used at work daily since 1997. It's taken beating and they actually sent me a new one under warrantee and let me keep the old one. As they no longer made bags like the one I had the new one was not great for my needs as it was a laptop bag and I have continued to use the old bag

Yes we still have Eagle Creek and would recommend them.

Although quite expensive I’m really loving the Monos ones.

Sorry that doesn’t help from a Target perspective and nothing from Monos should ever appear in the budget section but they are great.

I also bought some of the bagsmart brand from Amazon for about $30 for the 6 pack and they have been pretty good as well.

Unfortunately not familiar with any of the brands on the Target app other than American Tourister and I personally avoid that brand after a bad experience with a suitcase many moons ago.

I have two sets of the Bagail brand compression cubes from Amazon. I tried regular packing cubes several years ago and didn't like them, but I will not travel without my compression cubes. You can pack so much more. Just be aware of weight because you can pack so much more that it can cause you to go over the weight limits more easily.

Can anybody recommend a a specific brand of packing cubes? I don't care where I get them from but I do have some Target rewards I can use if they have good ones.

Just 2 of us, me (Dad) and my my 14 DD and we tend to travel a few times a year between Disney, a cruise, and road trips to NYC.

TIA
I have six sets, all purchased from Amazon, all different brands - just selected based on price, sizes, and colors I needed at the time. And they are all just fine and have held up well. Though if I were starting over, I'd get compression cubes.

Another vote for Bagail brand from Amazon. We have a set of compression and the regular ones. Love them!

I am entranced by Packing Cubes. Actually bought 2 different sets. Tried for 2 trips and find they take up TOO much in a suitcase and by putting things in jumbo - 2 and 2/12 qt Ziploc bags and squeezing out the air, I can pack so much more. Even rolling things gets more in.

What am I missing? People love them so much. Am I the only one who feels they are very impressive as organizing for sure and your suitcase looks as neat as a pin, but when you need to actually pack with them and not want extra luggage (even though my credit card gives me 2 bags....I don't want to check bags), there's a much better way??

Is it just me?

We use the eBags ones. They are on sale now and have held up well for years.

Monos puts out a quality product but MAN is their stuff expensive! If money were no object I’d buy a couple more pieces (I love their carry on plus and their checked pieces), but I just haven’t been able to justify buying things that I don’t really need. The only thing I was kind of disappointed with was the carry on pro plus (the one with the laptop pouch). I just don’t find it nearly as useful as I thought I would. If it were possible (I know it isn’t) I’d exchange it for the International Carry on size or a bag, but c’est la vie.

I am entranced by Packing Cubes. Actually bought 2 different sets. Tried for 2 trips and find they take up TOO much in a suitcase and by putting things in jumbo - 2 and 2/12 qt Ziploc bags and squeezing out the air, I can pack so much more. Even rolling things gets more in.

What am I missing? People love them so much. Am I the only one who feels they are very impressive as organizing for sure and your suitcase looks as neat as a pin, but when you need to actually pack with them and not want extra luggage (even though my credit card gives me 2 bags....I don't want to check bags), there's a much better way??

Is it just me?
There are 2 things that I love about packing cubes vs. the ziploc method.

1. When my kids were little we didn’t have separate suitcases for everyone, so I’d pack everyone’s stuff in their own colors, stick them into large suitcases and then when we got to our destination just hand out the clothes. Something that I needed to be able to find quickly would go in its own color. Plus if something didn’t fit, I could just swap around the bags rather than unpack and repack my suitcases. Even now that my kids carry their own suitcases, everyone still uses their cubes.

2. Maybe you are better than I am, but I found that I would use new ziplocs every week. The packing cubes (and toiletry bags) would actually get put away and reused.

Is it just me?
We use the compression cubes - one zipper to close it, another that zips around all four sides to squish air out. Packs pretty tight. We also use the roll up vacuum bags, but only for dirty underwear & socks because we’re not concerned about wrinkles.

Is it just me?
Non-compression packing cubes don't necessarily save space. By rolling clothes before putting in the cubes and strategically packing them in the suitcase, they end up taking up about the same amount of space as just packing everything without cubes or bags. But I like them because they keep things organized, especially when traveling with multiple people.

Is it just me?
IME, they don't really save space. They do help with organization. They can also help convince you pack less.
I have 4 kids, and while I don't mind checking bags, I don't want to check a separate bag for everyone. Basically, with packing cubes, everyone can have their own smaller bag within a bag.
I've done the ziploc thing in the past, but it's just not straight forward enough for my family. I should have different colors for everyone soon. Then I can just tell them to go grab a particular color. That should work better than trying to tell them to read stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter