Packing Clothes..how much??

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Just curious, when packing for WDW and you don't plan on doing laundry while there, how many outfits do you pack for each day? If you pack 2 per day, do you always use all of the outfits? Do you have any space saving tips for the suitcases?

Well for packing, purchase the largest Zipper baggies you can find, fold clothes and place as many items as you can in baggie, sqeeze all the air out and you can fit alot in a little space. Also, you can purchase liquid dish detergent or even laundry detergent from the little store and clean some items in the bathroom sink and let dry. We are DVC members now and have washer and dryer in rooms, so we dont pack that much anymore!!

I know you will enjoy your trip!!!:smooth:

We just got back from a three day trip and I ended up coming home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. I will definitely be more careful with my packing WDW. Here is what I plan to do this time-pack one outfit (shorts/tshirts) for each day, plus a couple extras and one in the diaper bag. I will also bring 2 dresses/jumpers in case we would like to change from park clothes. I also plan to pack a couple pairs of pants and long sleeve shirts/sweatshirts to protect from bugs at night in FW (we are staying in the cabins and hope to see the EWP and attend the movie at least once each). For the pool, my girls both have little robes so I will bring those and of course bathing suits. And of course plenty of socks. And I almost forgot a long sleeveshirt/sweatshirt for the diaper bag. I have not tried the ziploc bags, I just usually roll everything pretty tight. If you roll them right it actually keeps the clothes from wrinkling. My husband and I actually managed to travel to Italy for almost two weeks with only two small/medium suitcases! Now with two girls we find it quite a challenge to fit into two suitcases of any size!

By the way how long is your trip?

Meredith

We don't have kids yet, but we don't pack nearly 2 outfits per day. I probably pack about that many shirts, but I just pack one pair of shorts or pants for each day. Unless you go when it's especially hot and humid, bottoms don't really get dirty like shirts in less than a day.

When we go when the weather is cool, I try to pack as few bulky layers for cool weather as possible. For example, I'll pack 2 sweatshirts for the whole trip, and I'll just wear a different t-shirt underneath the sweatshirt each day if I end up needing it that much. Of course, your mileage may vary with kids, since they're more likely to spill.

I don't know about the other resorts, but at the All Stars the laundry rooms are at the pools. It's really easy to do a load of laundry while the kids cool off after a long day in the parks.

For DH, myself, and DS I pack 2 outfits per day. I take into consideration what we will be doing that day and evening. Before the trip I iron the outfits and pack them in order of how they will be worn . When I get to the resort I take each stack out and put in right in the drawer. That way, the outfits are in order of how they will be worn. I leave our suitcase open on the luggage rack. As we wear outfits I fold them and put them back in the suitcase. On our last morning, we wear the last outfit and everything else is packed. Sometimes I pack extra underwear or t- shirts (especially for my little one).

I never pack 2 outfits per day. I pack one per day with one or 2 extras for small children. We all throw in an extra pair or 2 of socks and underwear. I ziplock entire outfits of shirt, shorts, socks, and undies for my kids, so all they do is pick a bag. Now that we have a timeshare with w/d, though I'm not packing even that much. The best space saving tip I have is take half the clothes you think you need and twice the money.

I packed 2 outfits per day for each of us...me, Dh, and 2 ds's, ages 3 and 7. We were there in June, and despite the torrential rain all week, we only used one outfit per day. I came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. I won't do that again. What I will do is make sure that I bring a raincoat for my 2 ds's next time. My older one had a rain coat on this trip and it kept him much drier than a poncho would have. My little guy kept tripping on the poncho and basically HATED wearing it, so a regular raincoat would have been much more practical...not to mention we could use it "in real life". Also, I'll bring another pair of shoes for each of us. We each had sneakers and sandals...but a pair of non-leather shoes is coming with us next time just incase it rains again. There is nothing worse than walking around in squishy shoes, and then having to wear the same wet squishy shoes the next day!

Marcy

Marcy, thanks for the tip about raincoats and shoes. I have two little ones and there is no way they will be big enough to wear ponchos. I was thinking about buying some raincoats I saw for under $10 in Sam's Club-I guess I should go get them today! We will also make sure to bring their Teva's for wet weather.

-Meredith

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter