Packet pick up question

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
I am registered for the W&D 10K and this will be my first RunDisney event, so I'm sure I'll have even more questions! But, I was wondering, is transportation provided from the resorts to the expo to pick up the packets? And also, how much time should I allot for the that? We will be staying at ASMovies so not that far away. However, I haven't booked flights yet and so I'm not sure what day or what time of day we will be there. I hate cutting anything too close!

Yes, transportation will be provided from the resorts to the Wide World of Sports for the expo. How much time to allot is a bit trickier to answer because it depends on when you're going. The expo will open on Thursday morning, and first thing that day will be when its busiest, so you'd need more time. But I'd probably say to give yourself a window of at least a couple hours, between getting over there and waiting in any potential lines. Especially if you plan to look at or purchase any official merchandise. Better to plan on more time than be rushed and not have enough. If you're running the 10K, my advice would be to arrive on Thursday if possible to have all day Friday to get to the expo before the race on Saturday. No worries then about cutting it too close. I'm registered for the Lumiere challenge, and have a Thursday evening flight booked that gets in around 10:00. Then I'm currently planning to hit the expo first thing Friday morning.

Thank you!! I am definitely shooting for a Thursday arrival!

I agree with everything above. Also doing the Lumiere's Challenge and my wife suggested a Thursday flight for me as the original plan had a Friday morning flight arriving at 10:00 AM. With a wake up call of 4:00 AM for the flight, probably not the best idea to jam so much into Friday with running Sat and Sun. For Star Wars, I hit the expo at opening Friday and had no lines or delays at all. Figure a 2-3 hour round trip including bus wait times, travel, lines, checking out the expo, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter