packages deliverd to your HOUSE

chrissy72

Mouseketeer
can you buy something in disney world and have it delivered to your home....just in case we buy something breakable and don't want to take the chance of carrying it in our suitcase???

You sure can! Just make sure that you are aware of what method (ground,air, etc) you are using (you have to ask) and which company (ups,fedex,etc). Do not assume that it will get there overnight. If you are in a hurry for something to get home then make sure that you have something in writing stating the shipping time!

If you have an account with FedEx or whatever, you can use your account number to ship it, which I find very convenient!

hi: i haven't carried souvenirs home for about 6/7 years since i discovered they will ship them. i usually hit dtd once per trip and let the amex card smoke through the christmas/pooh stores. the amex discount usually more than covers the shipping.

Plus, when it's shipped out of FL there is no tax on it. Not paying tax usually covers our shipping costs.

Last time I was there I had everything we bought at the World of Disney shipped home. I was at WofD on Sunday and the package arrived at my home in PA on Friday. We had been home two days but it was really nice to unpack our Disney care package. If I remember correctly, they shipped it by USPS and it cost around $15.00. But well worth it...

My UPS driver already thinks I'm crazy. I love getting deliveries. I usually ship stuff to my office so it's always brightens my work day to get packages delivered. Getting packages from WDW would put me over the edge.

:)

We're leaving in 24 hours for our trip, and with the new weight restrictions & fees for overweight suitcases, we may just need to ship stuff home. Usually, everything we have, dirty laudry, extra cooler wheater stuff, gets jammed into our large suitcase we check, and put all our new Disney stuff into our carry ons.

On a trip a couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine shipped several large items home (1 at a time). The minimum is $10.50, it goes by the purchase price.

Will the salesclerk at DTD wrap and pack and label and ship the items? So, you can just buy a bunch of merchandise and say "Please ship this to my home," and it just happens? That is fabulous. The shipping cost is definitely worth not having to worry about breaking stuff or not having enough room in a suitcase for souvenirs.

On our last trip, I had several large items that I didn't want to try carrying on the plane. I decided not to try to cram our other purchases into our suitcases (they were heavy enough). The day before we were ready to leave, we went to Mail Boxes, Etc. over near the Crossroads Shopping area and shipped all of our purchases home in one big package. It came the day after we got home. It was great.

Just to be sure to tell the sales clerk you want the items shipped before he/she starts ringing up your purchases. They will ship everything EXCEPT for food items - or at least that is what I have ran into at the World of Disney Store

We do it every trip. In fact we are waiting for my son's monorail accessories to be delivered to our office (just back Sun) He bought the TTC, GF & Poly monorail stations this trip. There is no sales tax on shipments delivered out of Florida so that helps offset the shipping charge.

Just a word of warning to International buyers. If Disney uses a courier company to ship the item (fedex, UPS, etc) you may be subject to brokerage fees which often are more expensive than the item itself. If I were to ship something home I too would go to Crossroads and ship via USPS instead of a courier. At least I wouldn't get stuck with broker fees. Also depending on the value of the item you may have to pay customs fees. Just a couple of thoughts if you plan on sending items outside of the USA. In some cases it is better to try to bring the things home yourself.

We shipped a few packages home last trip, and it worked great! We bought quite a few things at the W of D in DTD, and we used the DC card for a 10% discount. The discount paid for the shipping fee, and there wasn't any tax charged, since there aren't any W of D stores in our home state.

The merchandise was wrapped carefully, and of course the package was insured. It arrived home the day after us. ( I would say about 6-7 days after purchase.) This saved space in our luggage, and worry about breaking something. Although we didn't ship everything home, it sure helped us out.

I would definitely do this again!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Originally posted by Marla Hellwig
Just to be sure to tell the sales clerk you want the items shipped before he/she starts ringing up your purchases. They will ship everything EXCEPT for food items - or at least that is what I have ran into at the World of Disney Store

We had two packages shipped home from our most recent trip from the store inside the Land Pavillion at EC shipped home two packages of the Goofy shaped pasta for us along with a tea kettle and other things. So I guess the no food items shipped rule is another one of those Disney rules that seem to change depending on the CM you get. This guy charged me tax though when he should not have so he might have been wrong and the CM you got might have been correct.

We had a few hundred dollars worth of "stuff" from the new Toy Store shipped home. We could not use the DC discount in that store. The clerk asked us to go to a machine and punch in our address, info , etc and that labels would print out - which they did. The clerk then rang everything up - put it into really big bags. Everything arrived in good condition, largely due to the care they used in packing all of it. We figured everything would get here a few days after we got home, but much to our surprise, the UPS packages arrived before we even got home, I'm just glad my father was here to sign for it!

We have sent everything from the entire monrail system, including hotels and EPCOT ball to very fragile Christmas ornaments, to collectible artwork. Everything arrived in perfect condition. The shipping charges are very reasonable and more than pay for themselves considering you don't have to worry how to pack things for the plane or car ride home. Besides, this way you can buy more too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter