Package pickup to resort

You may already know this but maybe it will be helpful for others if you do, for an additional cost (of course) you can purchase a backpack for the droids. A couple of our family members did this last week and they loved it. It was great to see the droids interact around the park but not have to carry them.
How much is the backpack?

There is also a package deal with a backpack and personality chip but I don’t remember the cost for that.

A re-start date has not been announced at this time. Some are choosing to have items shipped home and I've heard it's reasonable but have not done this myself.

I had my droid shipped home from YC and it was way cheaper than I assumed it would be. Like around $5. Currently they only have ground shipping available due to covid but it took maybe 10 days for it to get to NYC.

I really hope this comes back soon! I’m going in September and I really want to build a droid, but I don’t want to carry it all day. I’ve always used this serviceo before, since I don’t live in the US, so home shipping is not an option for me. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’m hoping with more things opening and more staff coming back, including DCP, they start doing this soon. I will be there in September and always ship things back to the resort. I live in Canada so the cost to ship home is out of this world.

Good to know this is an option.
I had my droid shipped home from YC and it was way cheaper than I assumed it would be. Like around $5. Currently they only have ground shipping available due to covid but it took maybe 10 days for it to get to NYC.

This is the one thing I am hoping comes back soon. I'm assuming it's staffing issues and until that's back up to speed it won't be back but a girl can hope! I'd even settle for the front of the park.

I really, really utilized the resort element - it'll make a huge difference in what i feel comfortable buying (especially as previous trips had multiple adults and I'll be the only one, plus I have muscular dystrophy - so I try to save my energy for the things that will matter most!).

We have definitely switched gears and do most of our shopping at the end of the day. Droid and lightsaber don’t work for that because you need an appointment, but other shops at the theme park are an option.

I love this service and am disappointed that we probably won’t be able to use it this November. Guess we’ll just plan on doing most of our shopping at World of Disney on our last day.

If they would even do the front of the park I would be happy at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter