• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pack-n-play set up in BCV studio question...

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in our first DVC resort this October at BCV. We will have our DS 4 and DD 18 months with us. Our DD will be sleeping in the pack-n-play and ideally at night I was hoping to be able to set up the pack-n-play in front of the bath room sink (across from the kitchenette) so that she has some privacy and probably sleep better without being distracted by DH, myself and DS. DH and DS hardly ever get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. And I usually don't unless I'm up anyways with DD for some reason. Like I said, this will be our first stay in a studio so I'm not familar with how much room is in this area. Is there enough room for what I want to do? Would there still be enough room to walk into the bathroom if need be without moving the pack-n-play?

A couple years ago we did this when DS was still sleeping in the pack-n-play and we were staying at the AKL. Although that vanity had two sinks, where BCV I believe only has one. So maybe it's not as wide of area as at AKL. :confused3 From day one our kids have always slept in their own room, never with DH and I. I think that's why they sleep so well now. If DD was sleeping in the same room as us now, she'd probably think it was play time every time she woke up during the night and saw us!! :eek: I don't think so sister!!! Especially while on WDW vacation, I need my sleep!!!! :rotfl:

It's been a while since we stayed in a studio, but you should have enough room to put the PNP in that space and still be able to go to the bathroom.

There would be enough room. If you open the closet doors (that are on the left side of the vanity) you could shove part of the pack-n-play into that space as well, leaving you more room to access the bathroom door. Another option is to utilize the area by the front door, in the 2 b/r lock-off at least, that area is pretty spacious as you enter the studio (and would still be out of line of sight to the sleeping area).

The PNP will definitely fit in that space...we had my DH's BF and his family down in April - we booked two studios (they have 3 kids - 8 yr old son, 7 yr old daughter, and almost 2 year old son - we're empty nesters) The almost 2 year old slept in the PNP, placed in the area you're speaking of.

When we stayed there & used the PnP, I put it by the room door. I was too worried about DD1 pulling down anything within reach on the counter around the sink. But if you don't put anything on the counter around the sink then it's no big deal. You'll have a choice of putting it either place, though (by the door or by the sink.)

When we went last summer, my DD was 17 months, and we put her in the pack and play right by the front door. Between the door and the kitchenette. It was nice and dark there, and we could even watch some Disney tv at night and not disturb her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter