Pacific Coast Cruise - does it appeal to you?

I just verified the port locations for San Diego and SF and even more intrigued. Both cities are extremely accessible from these locations. The San Diego cruise dock looks to be right next to the harbor boat that takes you across the bay to Coronado Island. Really great excursion possibilities!

I agree with PPs, a very relaxing cruise to a few great cities with disney service taking care of you along the way. Price will be key for us though. Still want to do Fantasy Western Caribbean in Early June 2013 and with airfare, that one is going to be pricey for our party of 5.

I am not happy about this change. We were very interested in doing the LA-Vancouver one. I do not want to go to Mexico.

They will still have to reposition the ship from LA to Vancouver.

How will it be different next year?

We are in AZ so it would save us a lot of money to sail out of LA since we can drive. The Mexican Riveria doesn't thrill us so I am excited to see Pacific Coast cruises. We have driven through San Diego before but would love to explore it more and we have never been to San Francisco. I just wish it was during the summer instead of Sept.

Hawaii would be awesome too, especially because DH and I have our 10 year anniversary in '12, but we can't justify taking the kids out of school for that long and aren't comfortable leaving them with anyone that long. Hawaii during the summer would have been awesome

Living in the San Diego area I'm not sure I would do one of these cruises but I'm very excited that one of the Disney ships will finally be stopping in San Diego.

I am so excited! We were planning on doing the Mexican Riv cruise April 2012 and not getting off the boat, not comfortble with our 2 toddlers. So this will make it so much more exciting! We live about an hour from the Los Angeles port, so no airfare is perfect! :cool1:

Living in the San Diego area I'm not sure I would do one of these cruises but I'm very excited that one of the Disney ships will finally be stopping in San Diego.

Me too!!! Can't wait to see that ship in my hometown. And it is SUCH a great port for cruise ships - so much to do in walking distance!!!

I live in San Diego and yes it appeals to me...we would just walk around the port or stay on the ship once in San Diego...but heck no flying or hotel and a week cruise...sure ....

But one problem...my kids are in school so cant do it.

I live in So Cal, and it absolutely appeals to me! No flights, no hotel, just drive to the port and then drive home after. :thumbsup2

And I love San Francisco, so an overnight there is very appealing. So appealing that I'm on the repo in three weeks that has that! ;)

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I'm totally with you on the no flying.. We live about 20 mins from the LA port so this is a definite cruise for us! =)

I would love to this cruise, since DS wants to see Lombard Street (He did a school proj. last year) but like others, DS will be in school, not sure if i can pull him out, he'll be in 6th grade.

They will still have to reposition the ship from LA to Vancouver.

How will it be different next year?

It won't. I just saw on the Wonder pricing thread that they will have a repositioning cruise that goes from LA-->San Francisco (overnight)-->Victoria-->Seattle (new Alaska port for next year). It is May 14-21.

I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow to see about transferring my dummy date/the prices.

The only problem is pulling the kids out of school, but we just did it 2 weeks ago and it worked out ok.

It won't. I just saw on the Wonder pricing thread that they will have a repositioning cruise that goes from LA-->San Francisco (overnight)-->Victoria-->Seattle (new Alaska port for next year). It is May 14-21.

I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow to see about transferring my dummy date/the prices.

The only problem is pulling the kids out of school, but we just did it 2 weeks ago and it worked out ok.

Just to reconfirm the schedule for the PC is:
LA-Departure
San Francisco (overnight)
Victoria
Seattle - Arrival

Is this itinerary for 6 or 7 nights? Is there more dates then the May 14-21?

Sorry little confused. We are considering booking PC cruises 2012 but cannot get the itinerary. I saw a 7 night itinerary with Encinada and we don't want to do that one.

Thanks.
Cindy

LA-Departure
Victoria
Seattle - Arrival

Sorry little confused. We are considering booking PC cruises 2012 but cannot get the itinerary. I saw a 7 night itinerary with Encinada and we don't want to do that one.

Thanks.
Cindy

Look in the Wonder thread at the top of the page, that's where I got my info. There's only one because it's a repositioning cruise--after MR/Hawaii, before Alaska. It says 7 nights in the thread at the top, but this year (2011) it is 6 nights. I'll wait to see for sure when I talk to DCL tomorrow.

LA-Departure
Victoria
Seattle - Arrival

Thanks.
Cindy

The one May 14 goes from LA - SF- Victoria- Vancouver. It does not go to Seattle. The first Alaska Crusie goes from Vancouver and ends up in Seattle.

We booked both B2B! We are so excited.

The one May 14 goes from LA - SF- Victoria- Vancouver. It does not go to Seattle. The first Alaska Crusie goes from Vancouver and ends up in Seattle.

Thanks. Darn I was hoping for Seattle!!! Enjoy your B2B. Wish my DH would do that but due to his work cannot take off that long.:rolleyes:

Good to know. Wish we could book both B2B--kids can't take that long off from school though.

We live between San Diego and LA and are thrilled about the new itinerary and have already transferred our August 2012 Fantasy ressie to one of the September Pacific Coast Wonder crusies. We can drive to and from the port and plan to stay on the ship except for when we are in San Francisco. Also no airfare expenses! Would have loved to do Hawaii, but the dates do not work out with my job.

I'd love this cruise! DH hss never been to SF and I want to take him. I'm not booking this one because there are none when his vacation year starts (end of October) and all our vacation time for 2012 through Sept is booked already. If they offer this again, I'll do it.

Any price quotes yet? I can't call till tomorrow but we are a family of 5 and will be looking at a Cat 4B. I am hoping this one costs less as it is off season and the "forgotten" itinerary. Seriously, DU doesn't even have it listed on their "request a quote" form. All the other new itineraries are there but this one. They do list a $200 BC for this itinerary for verandah rooms so I would be interested in figuring out how to get a quote from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter