• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Owner's Locker

Firepath

DIS Veteran
We really enjoy our Owner's Locker but have spent a fair amount of time waiting around for Bell Services to deliver it, pick it up, move it, etc. - time I'd rather spend enjoying my vacation. Occasionally, if our room is close, we'll just carry it, but it is pretty heavy and cumbersome for that. I recall, back in the days before rolling luggage, some people used folding luggage carts. Has anyone tried this with their locker? Obviously it's a lot bigger and heavier than most luggage, but maybe it would work?

I’m sorry you have had delays that bother you.

I’ve never waited longer than 10 minutes after calling to have them take it. And I call for it to be delivered when I’m getting settled in the room, so waiting for it is spent getting unpacked etc.

The rolling thing I used to have would not have held anything that deep.

This past April I called down for my groceries and when the bell services guy came up, I realized I forgot to ask for my OL, and I was in a rush to get out to a park. I mentioned this to him and he said, "no problem…I'll bring it back later." I was so thankful and gave him a couple extra bucks and was on my way. When I got back later that night, our OL was waiting in the room for us, easy peasy.

This past April I called down for my groceries and when the bell services guy came up, I realized I forgot to ask for my OL, and I was in a rush to get out to a park. I mentioned this to him and he said, "no problem…I'll bring it back later." I was so thankful and gave him a couple extra bucks and was on my way. When I got back later that night, our OL was waiting in the room for us, easy peasy.

I wasn't aware that Bell Services would leave things in the room when you weren't there.

I have had issues at Disney hotels and at Universal hotels where Bell Services brought up my luggage but not my Owner's Lockers - even though I specifically mentioned the lockers when I called to have my things brought to my room.

I wasn't aware that Bell Services would leave things in the room when you weren't there.

They generally won’t. They sometimes will.

I checked into Pop one time well into the evening, and by the time my son and I made our long way over to the room (just the two of us settling in for a long stay in FL and we had a lot of stuff) the locker was in the room.

Only time that’s happened.

It doesn’t hurt to ask. The man that helped me was really sweet and said he would bring it up before he left for the day.

Isn't it bell services the ones that deliver the luggage from Magical Express? I've always had that delivered to the room when we are out.

Isn't it bell services the ones that deliver the luggage from Magical Express? I've always had that delivered to the room when we are out.

The luggage with tags is the only one that they will typically leave. Tips is already included apparently. However I believe that the not leaving other luggage stored with them without you there actually is more about the tip. So if they've gotten it already then they don't have an issue doing it.

Because we have to travel 6+ hours to get there, unfortunately our flights usually arrive very late, sometimes after midnight. There usually isn't anyone at Bell Services and the front desk has to call for someone. The only exception I've experienced has been at SSR. There has always been someone in the area day or night, probably because the resort is so large and busy. Our longest waits have been at VWL. I think we've actually woken them up there :). Of course, we still have to wait for them to bring it out, so I guess we can wait a little longer to deliver it. At SSR I've seen stacks of OLs outside around the corner from Bell Services. Maybe I could just go retrieve it myself.

Last edited:
The luggage with tags is the only one that they will typically leave. Tips is already included apparently. However I believe that the not leaving other luggage stored with them without you there actually is more about the tip. So if they've gotten it already then they don't have an issue doing it.

The tip is the only reason that they want you in your room. If you pre-tip they will bring things to the room without you being there.

:earsboy: Bill

I've never had trouble with my Owners Locker. I do bring anything I need that first day.. sunglasses, baseball cap and sunscreen. This way I am not so reliant on it for the first day. I bring a change of clothes on the plane too so I do not have to wait for my luggage.

It's a storage box you rent and can keep things in to be stored in their warehouse in FL so you don't have to keep lugging everything back and forth. We love ours. We keep shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry detergent, etc… in there.

From their website:

owners locker.com

So, how does Owner's Locker work? Well, we’re tempted to say it’s magic or perhaps little elves.

Actually, Owner's Locker is a service that allows you to store your vacation gear in Orlando and have it delivered to your hotel or resort everytime you visit. It's easy and convenient, and takes just 2 easy steps to set up.

In fact, once you've signed up, all you have to do is schedule your visits and Owner's Locker takes care of the rest.

work11.gif

page_how_content_title_01.gif

Simply click on the "Sign Up Now!" button at the top of the page or the link below to become an Owner’s Locker Member.

How much does it cost? There is a one time Membership Fee to join Owner's Locker of $75.00 (which includes your Locker and your initial delivery/pickup which we call a Visit) and a yearly storage/delivery plan which you choose. The Value Plan costs $85.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse. Each round trip Visit costs $27.50. The Moderate Plan costs $105.00 per year and includes storage and one free Visit per year. Additional Visits are $27.50 each. The Deluxe Plan costs $190.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse and unlimited visits per year.

Not coming right away? Not a problem. You can sign up now and you won't be charged the one time Membership Fee until 30 days before your first Visit. Your yearly storage/delivery plan is not charged until your Locker comes back into the warehouse filled for the first time. This date then becomes your Anniversary Date for your yearly storage/delivery plan.

Need another Locker?We recommend getting just one to start. They are bigger than you might think! If you do decide that you need additiona Lockers there is no Membership Fee. You simply choose a yearly storage/delivery plan. The Value Plan costs $85.00 per year and includes storage and one free round trip Visit per year. Extra Visits for additional Lockers are $13.75 each when delivered with your first Locker. The Deluxe Plan cost for an additional Locker is $150.00 per year and includes storage and unlimited Visits per year. Your additional Locker will have the same Anniversary Date as your first Locker. So, for example, if you purchase an additional Locker 6 months into your use year you will pay for only 6 months of storage for the additional Locker for the first year.

I have never heard of this! Very cool and I could see this would be really handy when traveling with small children.
I've been a member for 18 years and the things you learn on these boards!

Thanks all! I've learned something new today.

How much does it cost? There is a one time Membership Fee to join Owner's Locker of $75.00 (which includes your Locker and your initial delivery/pickup which we call a Visit) and a yearly storage/delivery plan which you choose. The Value Plan costs $85.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse. Each round trip Visit costs $27.50. The Moderate Plan costs $105.00 per year and includes storage and one free Visit per year. Additional Visits are $27.50 each. The Deluxe Plan costs $190.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse and unlimited visits per year.
Looking at those fees, I have to ask: What does everyone store in their Owner's Locker to justify the cost? For $105, I can just purchase a lot of the stuff that I might consider storing (a small fan, cleaning supplies, white noise machine, hats, sweatshirts, etc) or else just pack them in a suitcase. Certainly the checked bag fee would be cheaper in a lot of cases and I get free checked bags on Southwest and American. What are you putting in your lockers that makes your visits more comfortable while justifying the cost?

Looking at those fees, I have to ask: What does everyone store in their Owner's Locker to justify the cost? For $105, I can just purchase a lot of the stuff that I might consider storing (a small fan, cleaning supplies, white noise machine, hats, sweatshirts, etc) or else just pack them in a suitcase. Certainly the checked bag fee would be cheaper in a lot of cases and I get free checked bags on Southwest and American. What are you putting in your lockers that makes your visits more comfortable while justifying the cost?

With the cost increases I'm really not able to justify anymore and am very likely going to end it. Back when we signed up the costs were lower and the cost of it was closer to if we brought things ourselves. We also got 2 visits included per year but that's over now too. Time to just keep an "Owner's Suitcase".

As we drive (Honda odyssey van) with just two people our “owner’s locker” is a box we keep at home. It is very convenient to have it all together.

But I also have kept a travel bag packed and ready to go for decades as I traveled on business all the time. I always refill what needs replenishing when I unpack. If not I would always forget something.

Despite flying SWA, we still love having an OL. It makes it so much easier to pack, with a lot less stress & forgotten items. Just because we can check 2 suitcases per person, doesn't mean we actually want to lug that many :headache: Some items in our OL are rather difficult to find if we run out, others we only use on vacation.
Having an OL not only saves us time (less time packing, no having to shop for forgotten necessities while on vacation) and frustration, it also is less expensive than renting a car for our entire trip. For our usual 12-14 day vacations twice a year, we only rent a car for about a week each time (mostly to dine off site).
Like DVC, having an OL may not save tons of money, but it absolutely makes our vacations sooooo much relaxing & enjoyable :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter