Owner's locker??

Another happy Owner's Locker owner! We've had ours since 2011. We love having everything we need for our trips since we only bring 1 suitcase each on our trips (we fly Jet Blue) If you go at least once a year it's a lifesaver. We love the service!

YES. We love our locker so much we added another. They are both filled. I enjoy not needed to lugging a heavy suit cases around. Yes, I can travel with a small carry on.:thumbsup2

We love our Owners Locker! My DH had his doubts about getting it initially but on the first trip where we were getting it delivered I shipped a box down via UPS with everything in it that I was planning to leave in it and we flew down with carry-ons only. He was in love with it as soon as he realized he was no longer a pack mule at the airport!! :thumbsup2 The box I shipped down was literally 45 Lbs worth of stuff that would've been a full checked bag. We leave everything from toiletries & sunscreens to backpacks to spray fan bottles to ponchos and flip flops & slippers to collapsable coolers & pool bags to OTC meds. We use studios so I have a stash of extra paper plates, microwaveable bowls & a set of sharp knives. Ours is so full I have to sit on the lid to hold it closed while DH puts the straps on to lock it up. The lid is bulging. I could see having a 2nd one if we could go more often (sometimes we go 1x a year and sometimes 2x). If we could consistently go 2-3 times a year we'd probably spring for a 2nd one.::yes:: I really miss it whenever we go somewhere else besides WDW and I have to remember to pack EVERYTHING!! I love knowing that I don't have to remember to pack EVERYTHING when we go to the World.

ditto what everyone else said :)

i wanted to add that even if you don't go as a larger group, OL can be fantastic.

we (DD - or DH - and moi :)) go 2x a year for about 10-14 days each time, flying SWA (2 suitcases pp)......and our OL is stuffed.

we don't have to worry about forgetting those things we used to have to pack each & every trip, throwing/giving away leftover stuff (laundry deter, etc), schlepping multiple suitcases (& worrying about overweight fees).......OL makes our vacations so much more relaxing, from the moment we leave our house until we get back home.
:thumbsup2

Sorry to take so long in getting back to post our OL list...life has been hectic lately. And yes, all this fits in two lockers. :goodvibes
1 Box Wipe-on OFF Repellant
1 Can insect Spray
1 Can Yard Guard
1 tube SPF 15 Suntan Lotion
Bandaids
1 Bottle Ibuprofin
1 Moleskin
1 Bottle Antacids
1 Bottle Gas Relief Pills
1 Dental Floss
1 Small. Box Q-tips
2 disposable razors
1 small scissor

1 Tube Beyond Zone Hair Spike
1 Can Rave Hairspray
1 Small Can Root Boost
1 Degree Deodorant - replenish
1 Women's Deodorant
1 Curling Iron
1 Manicure Set
1 Tin Fashion Tape
1 Small Sewing Kit
1 Booklight
1 Flashlight

Keurig Mini
feather pillow
1 Paring Knife
1 Box gallon size ziplock bags
1 Box snack size plastic bags
1 Brita Faucet Filter
1 Brita Water Bottle
1 Corkscrew
1 Handheld Drink Mixer
1 pack coffee filters
1 small thermos
spoons & forks for studio
salt & pepper
2 Candles
Refill lMug
matches
2 wine carriers- Publix 4 pack
1 grocery bag
1 box dry soup mix

1 Travel Folder
1 Backpack
1 Hip pack
1 pair white flip flops
2 Disney tops (sharon)
1 black hoodie (sharon)

2 rain ponchos
2 umbrellas
1 mister fan

Several Packs Laundry Detergent
Dryer Sheets
1 Small bottle wrinkle release
1 Lint Roller
Several Dishwasher Detergents
Small Dishsoap

2 framed photos of kids/grandkids (love making our villa more homey)
7 magnetic photos (grandkids)
Binoculars
Router
scotch tape
sticky notes
strapping tape
2 AA Batteries
2 AAA Batteries
1 razor knife
1 pr. Pliers for brita filter
extension cord
2 phone chargers

Locker Number 2 - Office Locker:
2 Flat Screen Monitor's
2 Keyboards
Laser Printer
Copy paper
1 hub and 1 printer usb cable
wireless print server

I am a beta member, which means I have had an OL for many years, since they started the business. Even though there are many years that I only travel down once, I still keep it and find it valuable. I used to throw so many things away or feel frustrated because I wanted something and I didn't have it. I keep toiletries, Disney shirts that I only wear at WDW, laundry soap, kitchen stuff, etc. If I wanted, I could easily get away with just a carry on for my trips. I have taken my OL offsite in Orlando as well as had them meet me at the Orlando airport so I could take it on my DCL vacation. The service is outstanding and I think there is no way you will regret getting one.

We are also Beta members and not only do we have a blue locker, but we also have 2 additional purple ones that we can't live without! Our blue one holds the essentials, Keurig, sandals, power cords for chargers, etc. The other 2 have our Christmas stuff and my husband's Lego trains he sets up at Christmas time. Our friend who travels with us also has 3 OL.

When our son got married a few (7.5) years ago, we stuffed our locker with Mickey and Minnie bride and groom ears, toasting glasses, flip flops, gift cards, etc. they would use on their honeymoon at the BCVs. Needless to say, they were surprised when they opened it!

I honestly don't think I could manage my trips to WDW without the lockers!

The only con I can think of is that my lockers get to stay in Orlando while I have to go home to the frigid north!

Take the plunge, you won't regret it!

pinnie

We had our first Owners Locker in 2007, having bought into DVC in 2000.

Our DVC points have increased over the years and we are up to two lockers.

As we live in the UK, we always have to fly to WDW and tend to stay for 2 to 3 weeks, so we keep all our US electrics in our boxes, from kettle to electronics along with just about everything else from teabags to trainers.

The cost of excess baggage, flying internationally, as well as the physical effort of dragging extra cases through airports makes the Owners Locker service a good buy.

John's people are brilliant, but DVC staff are great as well.

Last November we stayed a week at BWV, then went to stay with friends for a few days on Amelia Island, before returning to BLT. DVC staff happily took are boxes into storage while we were away and then delivered them to BLT to await our arrival!

Oh and we get to have a few drinks on a Tuesday evening in Epcot with John and other Owners Locker friends :dance3:.

I was one of the original "beta testers" The owner likes to tell my story.

I originally came on here and said "no way I need this it's a waste of money" Now I have two lockers.... LOL! Yes, he proved me wrong!

Like an earlier poster I have a second locker for business and one for fun/routine visits. For example for my May visit which is a quick weekend visit to see my Dad I will just get the "fun" locker. For my November Food & Wine weeklong stay I get both lockers.

My "fun" locker has things like my Disney D&B purse, my collection of Food & Wine festival Tshirts, Mickey tennis shoes, that I don't HAVE to have but make my visit a lot more fun. It also has things I do have to have and would either have to buy or check luggage to bring, like sunblock (I am a skin cancer survivor I use a LOT of sunblock :) ). And then there is the group of stuff I consider more "improve my visit" , a better hairdryer, a sharp knife, wine glasses etc...

And the owner has saved me from myself.. Did you know there's a dumpy resort in the Orlando area called Saratoga? Neither did I until I selected it to have my locker delivered to. I got a call saying "I know you are a solo female traveler and you aren't staying there are you?" (Apparently it's not a great resort) Of course I wasn't and he moved my delivery to the right spot!)

Love my locker! You can even arrange to get it so you can take it on your cruise (I actually got mine and left it in the car after pulling out my fun stuff!)

We LOVE our Owner's Locker! I love that our "stuff" is always there waiting for us before we arrive, and the only thing we have to do when we leave is pack it back up in the box and zip lock it.

We keep things like walking shoes, Pajamas and robes, kitchen staples and utensils, as well as hair and bath care items. We even have extra "correct sized" cereal bowls in there along with a griddle and proper pancake turner etc. I even have a coffee grinder in ours.

Ohhhh! A griddle! Great idea! Wish I had room for it. My locker is jammed!! LOL.

I hate to ask and maybe I'm just overlooking the obvious but what are owners lockers?

Large purple storage boxes that you can rent to store needed items for your Disney trips:

Owner's Locker

We have had one for about 2 years now, and it is great for leaving sunscreen, shampoo, coffee filters, curling iron, plastic wine glasses, night lights, and other things that we find handy to have during our DVC stays. The company will deliver the box on the day of arrival and pick it up at the end of the stay. You can even do a split stay and it can be picked up at the last resort that you are staying at. It has been a great little luxury that I don't think we could ever go without at this point!

Here's yet another vote for OL. We have two, I may try, this next trip to trim back to one but we have a Keurig and Brita in them along with our daily (shampoo, advil etc) We also keep and clean pair of underwears (love that word lol) and socks, just in case our luggage is ever lost or delayed.

LOVE IT!! We have ours filled with toiletries, water, special Disney items that we love to have with us on vacation, and BOOZE!! :rotfl2:

I hate to ask and maybe I'm just overlooking the obvious but what are owners lockers?

They are like personal storage units except they're plastic bins. It's like have you ever rented a vacation house somewhere like at the beach or for a ski trip or something? There is usually at least 1 closet that is locked up - it's the owners closet - they store all of their own personal belongings in it for whenever they use the home themselves. Stuff that they don't want renters having access to but that they don't want to schlep back & forth either. Stuff like sheets, clothes and cooking spices. This is the same idea except on a smaller scale. Lots of people have more than one box in order to leave more items. Because they are delivered right to your resort it's easier than renting an offsite storage unit and it saves on having to schlep everything on every trip.

I've read where a few people keep their Keurig in the locker... even the smallest seems like it'd take up a lot of room.

I keep a spare set of DVC owner's cards in my OL too, as that's one thing I tend to forget and use it for food discounts.

I've read where a few people keep their Keurig in the locker... even the smallest seems like it'd take up a lot of room.

I keep a spare set of DVC owner's cards in my OL too, as that's one thing I tend to forget and use it for food discounts.

Off topic here (we do not have an OL but I was curious about one).....but it would be really nice if they would put Keurigs in the DVC rooms. My DH and DD would be thrilled.

BEST... THING... EVER.... :worship: :worship: :worship:

We are founding memebrs & currently have 2 OL's.

You truly don't appreciate it until you have to travel without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter