Owners Locker - what do you store?

Since Universal hotrls don't allow owners lockers dldeliveries at bell services I have not purchased it in the past.
However, I'm changing plans and going forward I will stay at other timeshares in the area (probably Sheraton or Marriott) for the Universal leg of the trip. I think OL delivers and picks up at those timeshares, am I right?
If you're renting a car, the warehouse is pretty convenient. Even in an Uber, it wouldn't be a huge deal, assuming you are arriving at a normal-ish time. You can see the address and where they deliver on their website.

They used to not allow pick ups at the warehouse, but they do now, and they rent strollers and stuff there.

Does anyone keep clothing in them?
I have a couple pairs of shoes in mine. Not comfortable walking shoes that I'd wear at the theme parks and upgrade regularly. These are a pair of leather sandals and a pair of canvas slip-ons. Things that could be worn for a nicer meal at WDW or some other occasion where I won't necessarily be walking 8-10 miles in a day. The shoes take up little space in the locker, while removing a decent amount of weight from suitcase.

Our locker is filled to the brim with much of the stuff mentioned above. I was contemplating getting a second locker. Does anyone have two?
We ordered a second locker for our upcoming June trip. We've had our locker since I think '09 and really could've have used another a long time ago but talked ourselves out of it. Now that we have a twin sized aerobed in ours I absolutely need another because I had to remove some things to make it fit and my locker is so packed I can't get a slip of paper in there!

Granted the mini keurig and the brita pitcher take up a lot of room but I'm not ditching those.

but I can never remember what's there
I use the list on the OL website to keep up with stuff. The day before we check out I log into our OL account and inventory all consumables and make notes in the Details column for those that are running out. Then about a week before the next trip I print the list and make notes on our packing list or our Orlando grocery list for what we need to bring or buy there. It’s really been very useful. For instance, that list saved us from bringing our entire travel bag of chargers and cords last month because I knew how many USB A & C cords, etc., were waiting in the OL for us - we recently upgraded various phones and tablets so needed different cords.

I use the list on the OL website to keep up with stuff. The day before we check out I log into our OL account and inventory all consumables and make notes in the Details column for those that are running out.
The website is great, it's the user that is my issue LOL. We have too many short trips.

I use the list on the OL website to keep up with stuff. The day before we check out I log into our OL account and inventory all consumables and make notes in the Details column for those that are running out. Then about a week before the next trip I print the list and make notes on our packing list or our Orlando grocery list for what we need to bring or buy there. It’s really been very useful. For instance, that list saved us from bringing our entire travel bag of chargers and cords last month because I knew how many USB A & C cords, etc., were waiting in the OL for us - we recently upgraded various phones and tablets so needed different cords.
This is exactly what we do. We don't do too much grocery shopping, but we do make a list of things to grab at the mini Target at Flamingo Crossing.

The things I know are there:
  • A slimline Brita pitcher plus a filter or two (not a fan of Orlando water)
  • A nonstick skillet (just in case the one in the unit is scratched to high heaven).
  • Some "compact" beach towels (I forget where DW found these, but they are great).
  • A set of full-sized bottles of the H2O+ toiletries (looking prescient now!)
  • A blister kit/bandages/etc.
The next thing to go in probably ought to be a decent kitchen knife.
I'm with you on the decent kitchen knife... that'll likely be our next addition. The ones in the villas are so dull they're dangerous.

One thing I don’t see mentioned so far is camping lantern. During the Springtime Surprise race weekend last April, Riviera had a planned electrical maintenance in one of the wings between midnight and 4am, right after the nighttime 5K and also DVC MM at Epcot. Ugh. Imagine showering in the dark…
Thankfully I had a couple of those lanterns in my OL 😇 and power went out 15 min after the scheduled start time.

We are travelling in June for our second DVC trip and are planning on getting an Owner's Locker. Do DVC members still get a discount? I found one spot that said check the DVC website but cannot locate it. Apparently there is a link on there? **Edit - Found the link..** https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special/owners-locker

Just to join the conversation, we plan to put in an air mattress so our kids don't have to share a murphy bed / pull out in one bedrooms, bedding for the air mattress, chargers, various OTC meds, first aid kit, toiletries, pitcher, zip locks, etc.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I found this thread! We became DVC owners this year and I have a stay booked in Sept (and Nov, Jan, and Feb ;) Glad to find all the suggestions about what to pack in the OL.

Does the Brita pitcher and filter really work well on FL water? We always get a case of water, but the Brita would be much better for the enviornment....

Anyone leave their ears in the OL? I have a huge collection so leaving some there would help with packing, but I'd be worried about something happening to them (what if the OL gets lost, etc)

I'm so glad I found this thread! We became DVC owners this year and I have a stay booked in Sept (and Nov, Jan, and Feb ;) Glad to find all the suggestions about what to pack in the OL.

Does the Brita pitcher and filter really work well on FL water? We always get a case of water, but the Brita would be much better for the enviornment....

Anyone leave their ears in the OL? I have a huge collection so leaving some there would help with packing, but I'd be worried about something happening to them (what if the OL gets lost, etc)
No ears in our OL, but I can’t recall any reports of lost OL either, over the years. The owners of the company are DVC members as well, so they know how important the contents of everyone’s OL are, and I have confidence that they’re unlikely to lose yours.

We've had an OL for years, and just recently added a second. I finally gave in and started leaving a few Ears in the OL, which was very hard for me to do lol! It did make sense to leave some of my frequently worn ones there and not have to keep bringing them back and forth. I figure if they've survived all this time in my suitcase on countless flights, they're probably safer in the locker!

I only left ones I wear a lot: DVC, AP, Gold (goes with everything), and Classic Minnie. The many, many more I keep at home I choose a few for each trip depending on season and holiday!!!

Yes, I left the ears, Tinkerbell corkcicle and BLT DVC shirts. Lol.

I did a handwritten inventory list on check out date and noted the expiration date of the OTC meds. I typed it up at work. I also jotted down what I didn’t leave in the OL so I know what to pack it for the next trip.

We left a second pair of comfortable sneakers in case we get caught in the rain and that pair needs to dry out.

I’m thinking of a second one. I stuffed that one. It’s really a brilliant idea. I wouldn’t worry about the OL getting lost. The company keeps you updated on its transportation back to the warehouse by text and email. I think the email even noted its location at the warehouse.

I did a handwritten inventory list on check out date and noted the expiration date of the OTC meds. I typed it up at work. I also jotted down what I didn’t leave in the OL so I know what to pack it for the next trip.
Have you tried using the inventory list on your OL dashboard? There’s room for making notes (like expiration dates), and it’s easy to update at the resort before you leave, as long as you can access your dashboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter