Own multiple UYs with separate member ID... question on transferring points

One more related question/scenario...

Let's say I want to book 6 nights at AKV starting 10/1/2024 and want to book 3 nights with each of my AKV contracts. Again these are different use years and under different Member IDs.

My assumption is that I can book the first 3 nights starting 10/1/2024 with contract A on 11/1/2023, but I will then need to wait until 11/4/2023 to book the next 3 nights that start 10/4/2024.

This is what I am prepared to do, but I figured I would check to see if there is a way that I can the entire 6 nights on 11/1.
Adding to the above, be aware that for AKV standard or savanna view, there should no problem getting either reservation 11-months out or even 10 months out out for that time of year. If you are considering value or club level rooms (both are only at Jambo), the issue is very different as studios (and 2BRs), and sometimes 1BRs, tend to fill for any given start date within nano-seconds after 8 a.m. at 11-months out, i.e., the winners are simply those whose computers communicate faster than others with Disney's computers right at 8 am. at 11-months out, and many lose that battle.

Last edited:
Because we will be booking part of the trip at 11 months and the other part at 7 months, part of what I am trying to do is to have the whole thing under one member ID as MS cannot combine reservations from two different member IDs.

We learned this when we booked our upcoming trip (split stay at AKV & VGF) where we needed to use some VGF points for one night of our AKV stay.

They put notes in both reservations, but without them being combined cannot assure we will have the same room the whole time at that particular resort.
In the 19 yrs we have been members we have never had to check out and check in to a different room. They told us that it cost them more money to do this because they have to pay a mousekeeper to clean the room you checked out of and clean a room you check into so they just leave you in the same room as long as you book the same room category for both reservation. But if say you book standard for 1 reservation and savanna for another then yes they make you switch room.

In the 19 yrs we have been members we have never had to check out and check in to a different room. They told us that it cost them more money to do this because they have to pay a mousekeeper to clean the room you checked out of and clean a room you check into so they just leave you in the same room as long as you book the same room category for both reservation. But if say you book standard for 1 reservation and savanna for another then yes they make you switch room.
If you don't tell them in advance or check in at the front desk I wonder if some people have used it as housecleaning and leave their things with bell services during the day and get a new room when they return to the park. Obviously if you check in up front or tell them you have the same exact room they're going to keep you in the same room to reduce mousekeeping prices but I do wonder..

I just transferred some banked points between my two memberships yesterday. We have all of our contracts on one membership except for our VGC because we won't be using those points anywhere except VGC. When we bought our VGC contract, there were 22 banked points included and since our next trip to CA isn't until Dec 2024, we had to use them or lose them. I called MS and the rep I spoke with told me that I could transfer points between my memberships any time as long it was in a certain timeframe (not sure what the timeframe was). It didn't take long for her to transfer the 22 points to my other membership and then reallocate the points to one of December 2023 reservations and refund bankable points back to my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter