Outlet shopping in Orlando - worth it?

Jennkneefir

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow Canadians!

I have an upcoming trip to Orlando in September, and debating taking an afternoon away from the rest of the fam to hit up the outlet malls (possibly vineland?) to do a little shopping. There aren't many stores or brands that i don't already have access to in Alberta, but i'm curious if folks outlet shop when in the states on trips? I try to avoid purchasing things i can buy at home, unless the price is significantly cheaper.

Is there anything you stock up on while down south?
Anything you wish you bought?

There are some skincare/make-up brands i don't have access to that i might pick up, but would love to hear everyones philosophy on shopping while visiting the states!

We popped over on a non park day. It was really warm so we didn’t stay very long but we checked out the character warehouse and get a few things but it wasn’t a whole day activity

We popped over on a non park day. It was really warm so we didn’t stay very long but we checked out the character warehouse and get a few things but it wasn’t a whole day activity
Did you buy anything other than Dis stuff from the character warehouse?

Just a straight opinion, worth the cost of the ether it is written in.

We do always hit the outlets mostly for DCW, but we shop a lot on vacation. I find the outlets in Orlando overly busy and as a result there are rarely very good deals. We much prefer the outlets in Hilton Head or Pooler (Savannah) GA. We have much better luck finding deals there. For clothing, DW has better luck at the big-box malls (Ross, Marshall's). Don't bother with electronics, taking into account the exchange rate they are usually the same or more expensive SOTB.

Honestly, 80% of our 'must gets' on vacation are groceries, so we have more fun visiting Publix and Winn-Dixie (or Lowes, Harris Teeter or Piggly-Wiggly in other states). We usually drive home with 4-5 more boxes of groceries than we head down with. We tend to cook most meals in our villa while visiting for health reasons.

Just a straight opinion, worth the cost of the ether it is written in.

We do always hit the outlets mostly for DCW, but we shop a lot on vacation. I find the outlets in Orlando overly busy and as a result there are rarely very good deals. We much prefer the outlets in Hilton Head or Pooler (Savannah) GA. We have much better luck finding deals there. For clothing, DW has better luck at the big-box malls (Ross, Marshall's). Don't bother with electronics, taking into account the exchange rate they are usually the same or more expensive SOTB.

Honestly, 80% of our 'must gets' on vacation are groceries, so we have more fun visiting Publix and Winn-Dixie (or Lowes, Harris Teeter or Piggly-Wiggly in other states). We usually drive home with 4-5 more boxes of groceries than we head down with. We tend to cook most meals in our villa while visiting for health reasons.
This is exactly what i was looking to hear from folks! Thank you!! Love the feedback. I know that i will absolutely be stocking up on some trader joes spices before heading home! What grocery items do you usually grab? Just your normal list, or is there something special?

We usually shop at the Vineland outlets every trip. I even booked the new-to-us Ford Garage restaurant there for the day I plan on going (checkout day before driving to Cocoa Beach). This trip, we’re also stopping in Charleston and Amelia Island prior to WDW so we’re planning on checking out other outlet malls (and SuperTargets!).

Love, love, love :love: the outlet malls in Florida. Never miss it when we travel south. Shoes are much less expensive. Targets in Florida are also some of the best across the States, and I have shopped in many Targets in many States.

This is exactly what i was looking to hear from folks! Thank you!! Love the feedback. I know that i will absolutely be stocking up on some trader joes spices before heading home! What grocery items do you usually grab? Just your normal list, or is there something special?
Oh the list is very long, and all stuff we can't get at home:
Cheerwine (Carolinas and Florida)
Sierra Mist
Blenheim (super hot) Ginger Ale (Carolinas mostly)
Moxie (north east states only)
Flavored Ice Teas
Pacifico Clara beer (best Mexican beer, but not available in Ontario)
Publix HD Aluminum Foil (much thicker than Canadian brands)
Blue Top Sauces (although we have recently found them at Sobey's)
Boar's Head Sandwich Sauces (the Chipotle is great)
Campbell's Slow Cooker and Skillet Sauces (easy weeknight meals)
Herbal Teas (more flavors than Canada)
Nestle Espresso Chocolate Chips
Peppadews (little hot peppers - great hors d'oeuvre stuffed when stuffed with cream cheese)
Larabars (about double the flavors of Canada)
grits
hominy corn (hard to find and expensive here, <$1 shelf staple there).
Wickle's relish and hot relish
Mt Olive pickles
Gochujang (specifically a GF one, available here, but all seem to have gluten)
Sticky Fingers Carolina BBQ sauce (great on chicken)
Hatch Chilies (hot) hard to find here, common down there
Worcestershire Sauce (L&P is GF in the US, not in Canada)
Spray version of Vaseline lotion (bought it for mom who could no longer reach her back, now we all love it!)
Delsym cough syrup (buy it, it works!)
Whitehouse ACV
Generic Tylenol and Advil from Target or Walmart (easily half what we pay here)
Locally grown citrus fruit

I'm sure there is a ton more but that is mostly what is on our list so far for next March. Bought a ton of it this past March, but we cook at lot!

LBVFO is a much quieter (and smaller) outlet stop, it might fill a craving. For Premium, Vineland is closer to Disney and busier of the two. A tip if you go - parking on the main side is a nightmare, lots of paid spots, harder to find free spots. But the spots on the Annex side (across Vineland, near Ford's Garage) are much easier to find. Save yourself the headache of battling traffic and head straight to the easy side. There are good crosswalks across Vineland and it is a very short walk over. SuperTargets (and SuperWalMarts) just means they have full-service groceries along with the normal merchandise. Most of the Canadian ones are Super as well now.

Oh the list is very long, and all stuff we can't get at home:
Cheerwine (Carolinas and Florida)
Sierra Mist
Blenheim (super hot) Ginger Ale (Carolinas mostly)
Moxie (north east states only)
Flavored Ice Teas
Pacifico Clara beer (best Mexican beer, but not available in Ontario)
Publix HD Aluminum Foil (much thicker than Canadian brands)
Blue Top Sauces (although we have recently found them at Sobey's)
Boar's Head Sandwich Sauces (the Chipotle is great)
Campbell's Slow Cooker and Skillet Sauces (easy weeknight meals)
Herbal Teas (more flavors than Canada)
Nestle Espresso Chocolate Chips
Peppadews (little hot peppers - great hors d'oeuvre stuffed when stuffed with cream cheese)
Larabars (about double the flavors of Canada)
grits
hominy corn (hard to find and expensive here, <$1 shelf staple there).
Wickle's relish and hot relish
Mt Olive pickles
Gochujang (specifically a GF one, available here, but all seem to have gluten)
Sticky Fingers Carolina BBQ sauce (great on chicken)
Hatch Chilies (hot) hard to find here, common down there
Worcestershire Sauce (L&P is GF in the US, not in Canada)
Spray version of Vaseline lotion (bought it for mom who could no longer reach her back, now we all love it!)
Delsym cough syrup (buy it, it works!)
Whitehouse ACV
Generic Tylenol and Advil from Target or Walmart (easily half what we pay here)
Locally grown citrus fruit

I'm sure there is a ton more but that is mostly what is on our list so far for next March. Bought a ton of it this past March, but we cook at lot!

LBVFO is a much quieter (and smaller) outlet stop, it might fill a craving. For Premium, Vineland is closer to Disney and busier of the two. A tip if you go - parking on the main side is a nightmare, lots of paid spots, harder to find free spots. But the spots on the Annex side (across Vineland, near Ford's Garage) are much easier to find. Save yourself the headache of battling traffic and head straight to the easy side. There are good crosswalks across Vineland and it is a very short walk over. SuperTargets (and SuperWalMarts) just means they have full-service groceries along with the normal merchandise. Most of the Canadian ones are Super as well now.
This is so fantastic!!! Thank you for the thorough response!!! I've been trying to make a list of stuff that is either expensive or unavailable at home! This is so helpful!

Love, love, love :love: the outlet malls in Florida. Never miss it when we travel south. Shoes are much less expensive. Targets in Florida are also some of the best across the States, and I have shopped in many Targets in many States.
Thank you! Will definitely plan on hitting up a target while there. Shoes is a helpful tidbit as well. I know there are a few brands i can purchase locally, but they are almost twice the price. This is a helpful reminder to purchase on the trip instead!

We sometimes head to Vineland outlets, and I you have CAA you get extra discount coupons. From customer service. But with our CAD tanking I don’t know if it will be worth it for Aug trip.
I do love Publix. We always go our first day to pick up breakfast stuff for our room and snacks, drinks, water.

This past March we found a brand new shopping area near the Vineland outlets. Brand new Target, Cheesecake Factory and others. Darryl Carter Parkway and Regency Bvld. Just up from Floridays Resort.

We sometimes head to Vineland outlets, and I you have CAA you get extra discount coupons. From customer service. But with our CAD tanking I don’t know if it will be worth it for Aug trip.
I do love Publix. We always go our first day to pick up breakfast stuff for our room and snacks, drinks, water.
Would you get coupons from CAA in canada, or you get them from customer service at the outlet mall? I agree about the CAD tanking. Will be pricing out stuff pretty hard to figure out if its worth purchasing

Would you get coupons from CAA in canada, or you get them from customer service at the outlet mall? I agree about the CAD tanking. Will be pricing out stuff pretty hard to figure out if its worth purchasing
Show your CAA card at customer service and they give you a coupon book. I think it’s usually in the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter