Outlandishly excited

kristilew

DIS Veteran
is anyone else counting down the days til Diana Gabaldon's new book, An Echo in the Bone comes out? Less than two weeks, now :yay:

I am! I'm a latecomer to the Outlander party having just discovered this series earlier this summer. I am about 3/4 of the way through The Fiery Cross. I'll read the next one, and then pick up An Echo in the Bone. I hope it's as good as the previous books in the series.

Annprincess:

I cannot believe that I didn't even know it was coming out!!! I think I had given up hope and stopped paying attention! What day? Can you pre-order it anywhere?? Crud....I'm leaving for WDW on the 25th...how am I soposed to read it?????????? I'll find a way!! I absolutely ADORE the series, but I can't get anyone I know to read it. I keep telling them if they just get through the first 100 pages of Outlander, they won't be able to put the rest of the series down.

I have it on pre-order at Amazon! :goodvibes

I ♥ Jamie and Claire and their whole saga! I am re-reading the series in anticipation of the new book and am at the beginning of The Fiery Cross.

New to this board, but I'm excited. I actually have 1 more book left to read in the series - I discovered it this spring. But I loooove Outlander!

Can somebody list the books in order for me?

I read these a long, long time ago. Wonder if new ones have come out since I read them? I thought the series was over. Perhaps I'll reread them now!

While I am excited that it is finally out, I'll be really excited in another year or so when it comes out in paperback. The only hardbacks we will do, are those that will not come out in paperback. I just hate how long it takes for her books to come out in paperback.

And with the hundreds of books that this family owns, there is no way we could ever afford hardback books. Even with club memberships and their discounts and coupons.

Can somebody list the books in order for me?

Outlander
Dragonfly in Amber
Voyager
Drums of Autumn
Fiery Cross
Breath of Snow and Ashes
An Echo in the Bone

I keep thinking to myself that I'm not going to read an Echo in the Bone because I think she should have stopped with the last one (JMHO) I would have been happy with that ending. But I know I am fooling myself and will of course read it, because I love the story (and Jamie).

Does anyone know if this is the last book?

Outlander
Dragonfly in Amber
Voyager
Drums of Autumn
Fiery Cross
Breath of Snow and Ashes
An Echo in the Bone

I keep thinking to myself that I'm not going to read an Echo in the Bone because I think she should have stopped with the last one (JMHO) I would have been happy with that ending. But I know I am fooling myself and will of course read it, because I love the story (and Jamie).

Does anyone know if this is the last book?

Also, if anyone needs a refresher, you should get "The Outlandish Companion". It's a guide written by Diana Gabaldon between Drums of Autumm and Fiery Cross. It summarizes the story, lists characters, etc. It's great to have....especially when you just know she is going to reference something that happened in Dragonfly in Amber in the new book....who has that kind of memory???????

Can't wait...I just called my library and I'm #1 on the hold list...that way I can wait until after Disney to buy it!

An Echo in the Bone is not the last one. There are at least two more in the Jamie and Claire saga. There will also be a series that follows Brian and Ellen Fraser's courtship and marriage, ending when Jamie is about 4. There is also a second Outlandish Companion coming out at some point.

I've reread all of the books this summer, and re-re-read my favorite scenes. A little obsessed here, but I do love these books!

Fiery Cross is my least favorite - I am not a huge Brianna fan. I think Voyager is my favorite overall. Anyone else?

And, ncmickeyluvr, it comes out on Tuesday the 22nd. Sounds like perfect reading for on the way to the Mouse!

I have to teach a class on the morning of the 24th and I am feverishly working on my notes early, since I know I'll be useless on the 22nd and 23rd!

I didn't even know...the last one I read was number 3.... I'll be going onto my library site to reserve some books soon!!!!!

My mom has read all of them and is awaiting the new one. I'm currently reading Dragonfly in Amber.

I must tell you, that after the first chapter of Outlander I was HOOKED! However, the last book I read, The Fiery Cross got REALLY slow at the end. Now from what I hear, the next book, Breath of Snow and Ashes is even slower. So, right now I am at a standstill with that series. I am glad to hear there is a new one, and I hope the next one picks up the pace a little because I really like this series!

I've read Outlander and pick up copies of most of the others but I cannot seem to get interested in finishing them.

I reread the books over the summer because it has been so long since I read them. I am excited to read the next one. Next week the next Dan Brown book comes out so I should have that done in time to pick up An Echo in the Bone.

I loved the books when they 1st came out, but I am not loving story now that it is moving into the American revolutionary period. It is just so much less interesting history wise...of course, I knew nothing of the history of Scotland and loved learning about it.

Now the books feel a bit too much like sitting in Coach Malcom's lame history class. :lmao:

I started re-reading the series in July, and am about 2/3 the way through "Snow and Ashes". I pre-ordered "Echo in the Bone" and Dan Brown's new one on Amazon. I find the "Outlander" series very hard to put down. It'll probably be another few years until the next one! Suprisingly, I'm enjoying them even more the second time.

Kelly, how are you liking The Fiery Cross?

Annprincess:

I'm enjoying it! I don't know if I'd call it my favorite book in the series, but it's still a good read. I think it does a good job of setting the stage for the happenings on their settlement and for what is coming as far as the Revolution goes.

An Echo in the Bone is not the last one. There are at least two more in the Jamie and Claire saga. There will also be a series that follows Brian and Ellen Fraser's courtship and marriage, ending when Jamie is about 4. There is also a second Outlandish Companion coming out at some point.

I've reread all of the books this summer, and re-re-read my favorite scenes. A little obsessed here, but I do love these books!

Fiery Cross is my least favorite - I am not a huge Brianna fan. I think Voyager is my favorite overall. Anyone else?

And, ncmickeyluvr, it comes out on Tuesday the 22nd. Sounds like perfect reading for on the way to the Mouse!

I have to teach a class on the morning of the 24th and I am feverishly working on my notes early, since I know I'll be useless on the 22nd and 23rd!

Gabaldon has proven to be quite wordy. I'm hoping that she'll be able to squeeze 3+ books out of the rest of the series! :) It depends upon how much timeframe each book would cover.

I loved the books when they 1st came out, but I am not loving story now that it is moving into the American revolutionary period. It is just so much less interesting history wise...of course, I knew nothing of the history of Scotland and loved learning about it.

Now the books feel a bit too much like sitting in Coach Malcom's lame history class. :lmao:

I enjoyed reading the series when it took place in Scotland, but I actually like it better set in the USA. Perhaps that's because I'm more familiar with the history?

I started re-reading the series in July, and am about 2/3 the way through "Snow and Ashes". I pre-ordered "Echo in the Bone" and Dan Brown's new one on Amazon. I find the "Outlander" series very hard to put down. It'll probably be another few years until the next one! Suprisingly, I'm enjoying them even more the second time.

I'm looking forward to Dan Brown's new book, too!

So many books.........so little time!

I'm still trying to figure out what is up with the Kindle version of this one. It was available for pre-order for about a week, then they pulled it down and nobody seems to know what is going on. This is one that I really don't want in hardback - these books are HUGE. I really want to put it on my Kindle and meander through a chapter at a time over a couple of weeks.

I have Dan Brown's on pre-order for my Kindle. I'm half tempted to stay up until midnight and download it. LOL Hopefully there's lots of intrigue and deception and paranoia. I'm in that kind of mood these days. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter