Outdated

fantastic job jodie......you're the bestest !!

loews members also get a choice of 1 of 2 newspapers daily, use of the fitness gym and late check out with an exception.
late check out for blue and gold to noon only if it is available. ask on the beginning of your last day. platinum can have a 2:00pn check out time.

Thank you Jodie. It's people like you who make the DIS what it always should be.

You guided me to sunray limo and helped me save some money and then you posted this helpfull advice. Thank you so much.:thumbsup2

Did you know that if you don't return to a Loews property for @ least 1 night within a year of last stay...

you revert back to Blue level?:scared1:

I called Loews when trying to compile my travel notes, it became apparent that we somehow had @ least 3 different Loews # floating around...how did that happen lol? I had wanted to combine the "points" on 1 card to elevate my lowly status.;)

Oh well, back to square one:thumbsup2 . All the more reasons to return sooner next time.

Did you know that if you don't return to a Loews property for @ least 1 night within a year of last stay...

you revert back to Blue level?:scared1:

I called Loews when trying to compile my travel notes, it became apparent that we somehow had @ least 3 different Loews # floating around...how did that happen lol? I had wanted to combine the "points" on 1 card to elevate my lowly status.;)

Oh well, back to square one:thumbsup2 . All the more reasons to return sooner next time.

They were talking about that. I think that was the way it was always supposed to work. Are they finally deciding to implement it?

It's in the "fine print" on their site....that's why I couldn't figure out how some got to gold and platinum....I know you can't possibly visit that many times unless it's for business...... you think we're all destined to be Blue forever?? :eek: :sad2:

fantastic job jodie......you're the bestest !!

loews members also get a choice of 1 of 2 newspapers daily, use of the fitness gym and late check out with an exception.
late check out for blue and gold to noon only if it is available. ask on the beginning of your last day. platinum can have a 2:00pn check out time.

Same late check-out benefit for Blue, Gold, Platinum.
3 hours beyond the regular check-out time, if available.

They were talking about that. I think that was the way it was always supposed to work. Are they finally deciding to implement it?

i think i'm i the test subject;)

they did tell me that i could pick the "best" # that i had accumulated & add it to my current ressie...unfortunately, all were blue.

odd, appears as though every time I made a ressie I wound up with a new #?

Just hope to the get the bucket of wine and would be thrilled to get the pool view upgrade.:banana:

OT - when should I ask for "late checkout"?

When the resorts first opened, Lowes members were offered 3 different items upon checking into a room. I beleive it was wine & Cheese, Cookies & Milk and there was something else. Do they still do this cause last time I was at RPR they brought me a fruit basket and juice. I would have much rather had the wine.:drinking1

When the resorts first opened, Lowes members were offered 3 different items upon checking into a room. I beleive it was wine & Cheese, Cookies & Milk and there was something else. Do they still do this cause last time I was at RPR they brought me a fruit basket and juice. I would have much rather had the wine.:drinking1

Go to www.loewsfirst.com, log in and then edit your profile. You can select which welcome gift you want.

The choices are:
  • Milk and cookies
  • Fruit and bottled water
  • beer and nuts
  • bottle of red wine and nuts
  • bottle of white wine and nuts
  • a unique local gift
  • $10.00 mini bar credit
  • Hero Stars: Fresh gourmet dog biscuits
  • 500 membership bonus reward points or 500 AA AAdvantage miles or 500 Amtrack guest reward points

jodie,

great thread! i'd also suggest adding the following, which i've summarized (and confirmed that it works) from the "lowe's first" sticky:

"Sortcut to Platinum status" - Lowe's will likely match your elite level status from other major hotel chains. Fax a copy of your statement to 1-800-563-9714 and request a status match for your Lowe's First membership level.

I'm Diamond level with Hilton and I did the above today (I talked with a customer service rep who confirmed that Lowe's does honor the status match)...I'll apparently be upgraded to LF Platinum after they contact Hilton to confirm my Diamond status.:cool1:

Go to www.loewsfirst.com, log in and then edit your profile. You can select which welcome gift you want.

The choices are:
  • Milk and cookies
  • Fruit and bottled water
  • beer and nuts
  • bottle of red wine and nuts
  • bottle of white wine and nuts
  • a unique local gift
  • $10.00 mini bar credit
  • Hero Stars: Fresh gourmet dog biscuits
  • 500 membership bonus reward points or 500 AA AAdvantage miles or 500 Amtrack guest reward points

Thank you so much. I thought for some reason you chose what you want during the reservation process.

Jodie,
First thank you for spending so much of your time and effort making sure our vacations are extra special.
2nd a quick question: I'm Loew's Blue. We'll be staying 3 nts. in Sept at HRH. At first I booked garden view thru AAA's website. $191.20/nt. I like that even though they take your cc #, they don't actually charge your card until your stay, no 1 nt. deposit.

Later, I heard here on the dis that they offer an even cheaper rate if you request an obstructed view so I called direct to UO tonight and got another ressie for $179.20/nt (will cancel original after I hear from you) Yes, it's only $12/nt cheaper but will help offset the parking charge.
So, will the obstructed view count as a qualifying rate? Also if I can get an upgrade, would it be to a garden view?
Is park-view considered an upgrade? (We had that at RPR last year and it was fun but not worth paying extra for.) We are a family of 4 so I know it won't be a deluxe room.
:goodvibes Thanks for your help!

Jodie,
First thank you for spending so much of your time and effort making sure our vacations are extra special.
2nd a quick question: I'm Loew's Blue. We'll be staying 3 nts. in Sept at HRH. At first I booked garden view thru AAA's website. $191.20/nt. I like that even though they take your cc #, they don't actually charge your card until your stay, no 1 nt. deposit.

Later, I heard here on the dis that they offer an even cheaper rate if you request an obstructed view so I called direct to UO tonight and got another ressie for $179.20/nt (will cancel original after I hear from you) Yes, it's only $12/nt cheaper but will help offset the parking charge.
So, will the obstructed view count as a qualifying rate? Also if I can get an upgrade, would it be to a garden view?
Is park-view considered an upgrade? (We had that at RPR last year and it was fun but not worth paying extra for.) We are a family of 4 so I know it won't be a deluxe room.
:goodvibes Thanks for your help!

jodie is on vacation but i think i can answer some of the questions for you..

you can cancel the ressie/extra one/ 3 days in advance without any penalty. you have plenty of time to make the decision of which room you want, obstructed view or full view.
if you book at hrh for the garden rate and are upgraded (loews perk), you will receive the pool view. you pay the cheaper rate not the pool view rate.
yes, most of them(3/4) face the park. only the higher level floors will give you a nice view of the parks though.

you should call hrh and ask them if by taking the obstructed view, will it disqualify you for the loews free upgrade.
even if you take that view, it is still a qualifying rate for loews.

since you are blue, you have to see if you can upgrade when you check in.
if no rooms are available, there will be no upgrade.

if you arrive mon-thurs, you have a better chance of the upgrade.
if the weekend is pretty full, you might not get the upgrade.

arrive early and check in as soon as possible. if there are rooms with the pool view open when you arrive, chances are greater to get the free upgrade on the blue level.

Hi Macraven,
I did ask on the phone what an upgrade would be from obstructed view, would I get garden view? The lady said it varies and depends on "how things are at check-in." whatever that means. I didn't want to be a pest so I let it go. She never said it would disqualify us for the upgrade, she just didn't know what it would upgrade to. Maybe I should call someone at Loew's First?

We will be flying in late but staying cheap near MCO and heading to HRH early Thurs. am. 9/13-9/16.
Wish me luck and send a little Mummy dust my way. :lmao:
Thanks!! :goodvibes

Hi Macraven,
I did ask on the phone what an upgrade would be from obstructed view, would I get garden view? The lady said it varies and depends on "how things are at check-in." whatever that means. I didn't want to be a pest so I let it go. She never said it would disqualify us for the upgrade, she just didn't know what it would upgrade to. Maybe I should call someone at Loew's First?

We will be flying in late but staying cheap near MCO and heading to HRH early Thurs. am. 9/13-9/16.

i think i know the answer.
if you ask for the loews upgrade since you are blue when you check in, it depends if a room is available at that time.

if you check in on a weekday, m-th, you have a better chance when you check in early for the pool view. blue loews status does not guarantee but you can get it if the upgrade is available.

they would check for pool view first. if none are available, you would get the garden unobstructive view. and you would be paying the obstructed view rate for that room for your entire stay.

when the person said "it depends how it is at check in" it means if a room is available for the upgrade.

in the computer at the front desk, it will show who is checking out that day.
if someone n the pool view is checking out, you will be assigned that room.

i think you have a great chance on the free upgrade and paying the lowest rate/obstructive view/ possible.

you are coming in at a slow time period on a thursday and arriving early. that should do it for the mummy dust to prevail for you.

Hi Macraven,

I am a Gold member and I was booked in a standard obstructed view at HRH for $179.20. I called to upgrade to a deluxe room today and was told I had to book at the garden view rate at $191.20 for the free upgrade to the deluxe. For $12 it was worth it to us. As Macraven stated, since you are blue, you will have to ask at checkin-in. Sounds like the rule is that upgrades are not available from a standard (obstructed) room with Loew's First but I would still ask. It is a slower time of year and chances are good. Before I understood my Loews First benefits last fall, I was booked into a garden view room at RPR for HHN. At check-in, I showed my Loews card and asked if I could be upgraded to Club level. The TM went in the back to speak with some one and upgraded us to Club when she came back out. I have since learned that the upgrade was not because of my Loews status but because the RPR upgraded us out of their own generosity! I was happy for my ignorance because, otherwise, I would have never asked for the free upgrade!
Good Luck and let us know how it turns out!

Loews First newbie here, hoping you can help. I booked a garden view room for 8/26-8/28 on the AAA website for the AAA rate of $191.20. I originally tried to book on the Universal website, but it would not recognize the AAA code. I am a Blue cardholder, but I did not put my Loews First number on the AAA ressie. (I don't think there was a space for that.) So can I still show them my card at check-in and request an upgrade if available? Or do I have to add my member number to the ressie ahead of time. I know here it's stated on this thread that the AAA is a qualifying rate, but last year they told me I didn't get a welcome gift on this rate, so I am :confused3

Thanks!

Ruth Ann

Loews First newbie here, hoping you can help. I booked a garden view room for 8/26-8/28 on the AAA website for the AAA rate of $191.20. I originally tried to book on the Universal website, but it would not recognize the AAA code. I am a Blue cardholder, but I did not put my Loews First number on the AAA ressie. (I don't think there was a space for that.) So can I still show them my card at check-in and request an upgrade if available? Or do I have to add my member number to the ressie ahead of time. I know here it's stated on this thread that the AAA is a qualifying rate, but last year they told me I didn't get a welcome gift on this rate, so I am :confused3

Thanks!

Ruth Ann

you can show the loews blue card at check in for the amenities and they will list it on your ressie sheet. once a qualifying rate is listed for loews, it is picked up by loews and the stay counts on your membership.

or, you can call loews and tell them you forgot to list your loews membership number on your ressie when you booked. loews can then add your number to the ressie. Or, you can call universal resorts and have them add your number.

anyway you do it, it will be added.

for peace of mind, call UO and have it added to your ressie.

when you are blue and if you book garden view room, the only upgrade you can get at rph or hrh is the pool view. and that is only if the upgraded room is available.

when you go to gold or platinum, you can be upgraded when you book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter