Our worst day at WDW in 16 years...

snowangel72

Mouseketeer
We had one of our absolutely worst Disney days today :(

Woke up at 6:30am, bought our genie. Started refreshing for GOTG at 6:55am. As soon as the clock hit 7am phone says "something went wrong" and the virtual que is done!

Tried to get LL, got one for Frozen at 7pm.

Got to Epcot just after rope drop. Waited two hours for Ratatouille.

At 12:45pm stood beside the CM tent while trying for GOTG again. Started refreshing at 12:55pm. Watched the atomic clock. 1pm phone says "something went wrong" It's over. No GOTG.

Spent over an hour refreshing Frozen and miraculously got it down to 2pm. But that was not without a fight and losing a bit of my mind.

So we paid $500 entrance for three. $98 for Genie.

We rode two rides. Ratatouille and Frozen. Had lunch. Walked around. That's it.

So TWO rides for the whole day. TWO. Test Track was greyed out on genie all day.

We have been going to Disney for 16 years, once or twice a year.

This was our last trip. We are done. The virtual que doesn't work.

It was really packed today. Went to AK and MK and did hardly anything.

One thing I noticed at Epcot (on Sunday) was that there was always at least one ride “temporarily down”. It was like they didn’t have enough people to run all the rides at once.

PS: It was just unbelievably crowded, so even rope dropping and G* had limited value. Heard lots of disappointed comments. I went with low expectations and still couldn’t believe the number of rides down at Epcot.

And that is definitely on Disney.

Things I saw down in one day at Epcot: Remy, Frozen, Spaceship Earth, Test track, Mission Space, Living with the Land! :sad2: And it’s easy to say “go on another ride” but the time wasted waiting on line or arriving for them to say “it just broke down” is aggravating. Changing course at Epcot involves a lot of steps.

Last edited:

I hear you, and I am sorry you had a bad day. Not being rude or anything, but how come you didn't try for anything further at 11am? Soarin, Livin with the Land, Spaceship Earth?

I did hear it was crazy busy today, and again I am truly sorry that today was a bad day. Nobody wants a bad on vacation, it shouldn't be that way.

We had one of our absolutely worst Disney days today :(

Woke up at 6:30am, bought our genie. Started refreshing for GOTG at 6:55am. As soon as the clock hit 7am phone says "something went wrong" and the virtual que is done!

Tried to get LL, got one for Frozen at 7pm.

Got to Epcot just after rope drop. Waited two hours for Ratatouille.

At 12:45pm stood beside the CM tent while trying for GOTG again. Started refreshing at 12:55pm. Watched the atomic clock. 1pm phone says "something went wrong" It's over. No GOTG.

Spent over an hour refreshing Frozen and miraculously got it down to 2pm. But that was not without a fight and losing a bit of my mind.

So we paid $500 entrance for three. $98 for Genie.

We rode two rides. Ratatouille and Frozen. Had lunch. Walked around. That's it.

So TWO rides for the whole day. TWO. Test Track was greyed out on genie all day.

We have been going to Disney for 16 years, once or twice a year.

This was our last trip. We are done. The virtual que doesn't work.
Make sure you have the most recent update for the APP. That could cause your issues.

Sorry you had a bad day. 😢

Spring Break is a notoriously busy time, you just hit that and made some rookie mistakes.

• Everyone in your group should have been trying for VQs
  • Tried to modify frozen ride time for up to 15 mins after 7am booking to pick up stuff people grabbed but weren’t able to purchase
  • Do not “rope drop” Remy right after the general park opening, like yikes. That line starts general park opening packed from everyone who goes during early entry
  • TT being down all day was bad luck but the thing is notoriously problematic
  • You could have ridden other small rides like LWTL with G+, you chose not to so that’s on you, not Disney

Sounds like a really rough day. Sorry this happened to you.

If you are visiting more parks this week, to arrive at the l park in time for ETPE, it’s recommended you arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins. Every minute counts this week.

Hope if you decide to give the parks a try again that things go much better for you.

Last edited:
This evening after the Luminous show the line to get on the Skyliner at the IG at Epcot went all the way back to Beach Club.
This is common any time of the year. We visit in late August during ‘lighter’ crowds and each night the line stretches back to Beach Club. Park close means long lines. We now either leave earlier or, do our shopping in the main store while crowds leave or, find a bench near the Skyliner, waiting for the lines to get shorter. My daughter and I have enjoyed some wonderful chats waiting in lines or for lines at WDW. (Yes, there have been some rough ones too) but lines are a part of Disney, especially at park open and close.

What a disappointment! I’m so sorry things were so messed up for you. I had a similar thing happen to me at DHS and I asked that my G+ be refunded.

I used to go at the busiest times under regular FP and FP+ and always had a great time. I’m so glad I don’t have to do it under G+. What a waste of time and money.

This evening after the Luminous show the line to get on the Skyliner at the IG at Epcot went all the way back to Beach Club.
Normal for busy days. Reports are it moves pretty good, but I don’t remember the ballpark wait time from BC to boarding…

Normal for busy days. Reports are it moves pretty good, but I don’t remember the ballpark wait time from BC to boarding…
People tend to overestimate the Skyliner wait times from the queue length because you can see the whole queue at once. Doppelmayr Omega systems (of which the Skyliner is one) usually have a capacity of more than 2000 passengers per hour. That's more than 20 buses - per hour.

When I went to Epcot in 2023 I was able to the GoTG Vq at 1 pm easily. 7 am I could not. I was told that if you are at the park and missed 7am spot you would usually get the 1pm easily. I guess that changed? That suck s

We were in the parks yesterday and it was very crowded. Hard to even walk in the parks to be honest. Didn’t try for the 7 vq at either park but did get the 6 pm one for guardians. We got to Epcot about 5 for quick dinner. Got in line for soarin a little after 6 got off towards 8. rode mission space orange and test track before normal park close. Then guardians with vq and remy.

Morning we were one of the first to ride tower of terror. After a little hesitation we made it to Toy Story which was over a half hour already because slinky was down. Noticed they were running some empty slinky cars so stood in a line outside the queue from 9-945 ish. After that had a rise ILL then muppets. Everything was crazy already at 11 so we ate lunch and relaxed.

I hate coming this time of year but it’s what works best for us. We get to the parks 30-45 minutes before they open, take a break, then stay late. That’s really the only way to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter