• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

I just went through the albums of dresses that didn't make the cut, and I apparently didn't allow photos of the majority of the dresses I tried on. Oh well. At least I have stock photos, so you can see what they looked like.

I think that's a testament to how awful I felt I looked in most of them. I do have photos of myself in at least eight dresses that didn't make it for you to feast your eyes upon. I am hoping to start on the dress saga soon.

:goodvibes

I really haven't given much thought to programs for the ceremony because there are so few of us, and everyone pretty much knows who's in the wedding and why.

Recently, I've found myself playing around with designs for program fans. I think they're pretty neat looking, but I'm not sure if I need them. I would be DIYing them with the same supplies as the invites and place cards, so they won't really add any costs, just time.

Here are two ideas I had for fans (sorry if they're big):
fanstopost.jpg

fan2topost.jpg

I personally like the second style better, but I wanted the fan look. Not that it will be hot in November, but you never know. And, I thought looked kind of victorian. The designs match our invites and place cards, and I think using paint stir-sticks for the handles would be a fun touch.

There isn't much info on them just because everyone knows everyone, but I did put the basics (the date, our names, and the location) along with the lyrics to our sand ceremony song.

What do you ladies think?

WHEW!!! Finally finished!! I like to read the entire PJ when I decide to read, that way I can be all caught up and know what's going on.

First, you are quite the little DIY-er. Even the first bouquet which you said was thrown together on the floor looked awesome!!

I totally love the engagement pictures, beautiful and intimate. You can tell that the two of you love each other very much and are going to have a wonderful life. You picked a good one! I too am a little bit of a spoiled girl, DF is a saint!

Don't worry about the dress, a good seamstress WILL be able to take it up by the waist seem, I've seen it done before. The good news is that you have time so if the first one can't you can look for another one. Kudos to you for being on the ball and having your dress and your shoes. Organization is a blessing! Reading you PJ makes me think you're my kindred spirit.

AND you have got to be the most patient person EVER!! I understand why you have a long engagement and I think you are handling the slow passing very well. Projects definitely help! Officially we will only be engaged 10 months when we get married (almost to the day funny enough) and right now we're at the 8 month mark and I am antsy. So much is coming together so quickly, but I want to all right now!!

So, I'll be following and waiting for your next update.

I really like your programs. I think they both reflect that Grand Floridian victorian feel. Either would be beautiful but I think I prefer the fan shaped one.

WHEW!!! Finally finished!! I like to read the entire PJ when I decide to read, that way I can be all caught up and know what's going on.

First, you are quite the little DIY-er. Even the first bouquet which you said was thrown together on the floor looked awesome!!

I totally love the engagement pictures, beautiful and intimate. You can tell that the two of you love each other very much and are going to have a wonderful life. You picked a good one! I too am a little bit of a spoiled girl, DF is a saint!

Don't worry about the dress, a good seamstress WILL be able to take it up by the waist seem, I've seen it done before. The good news is that you have time so if the first one can't you can look for another one. Kudos to you for being on the ball and having your dress and your shoes. Organization is a blessing! Reading you PJ makes me think you're my kindred spirit.

AND you have got to be the most patient person EVER!! I understand why you have a long engagement and I think you are handling the slow passing very well. Projects definitely help! Officially we will only be engaged 10 months when we get married (almost to the day funny enough) and right now we're at the 8 month mark and I am antsy. So much is coming together so quickly, but I want to all right now!!

So, I'll be following and waiting for your next update.
Thank you! I have an appointment with one of the shop seamstresses next Friday, so we'll see what she says. The one consultant I was working with said all three of them were really good. My mom also knows the mom of the shop owner, and they wouldn't hire people who couldn't work magic. :goodvibes

It's been hard to wait, especially seeing some of my friend who got engaged after us get married already, but we knew we wanted a Disney wedding and were going to pay for it ourselves. There was no way we could've done it while I was still in school.

I really like your programs. I think they both reflect that Grand Floridian victorian feel. Either would be beautiful but I think I prefer the fan shaped one.

I like the fans, too, but I think I might play with the shape a bit. It looks top heavy to me. I'm thinking of rounding down the sides a little sooner to go closer to the design, and maybe widening the base a bit to give it more stability.

I'm hoping to have the beginnings of the dress saga up soon, but I don't know when. If anything, I'll have an update next Friday!

I had my first fitting this morning to check on the hem of my dress since it came in still too long. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was really worried they wouldn't be able to do anything about it, and I would have to get a super-sized crinoline or hoop skirt which would put DF and my dad standing way far away from me.

The lady came in, and I liked her instantly. She was really friendly, and the first thing she did after introducing herself was look at my dress. I asked if she would be able to do anything about the hem, and she unzipped it and said 'definitely.'

Insert huge sigh of relief.

She pinned up the hem, the bust, and put in the pins for the bustle. She also showed me how she was planning to do the sleeves. It was a bit different than I thought, but I loved it. I have my next fitting scheduled for December to check on everything and make any necessary changes. We're also going to actually do the sleeves then.

I am so glad I went in. :goodvibes

YAY!! :yay::yay::yay:

Sweet relief!! No more dress worries! I had a feeling this lady would be able to handle it, professional seamstresses can do amazing things. I once saw one take a regular dress and turn it into a maternity dress able to fit a 5 month prego bridesmaid. :rotfl:

So glad that everything worked out for you. What kind of bustle are you going to have? I personally like a French bustle, but my dress is layered silk organza and I'm not sure if it will work. :confused3 I'll have to contact my own professional.

YAY!! :yay::yay::yay:

Sweet relief!! No more dress worries! I had a feeling this lady would be able to handle it, professional seamstresses can do amazing things. I once saw one take a regular dress and turn it into a maternity dress able to fit a 5 month prego bridesmaid. :rotfl:

So glad that everything worked out for you. What kind of bustle are you going to have? I personally like a French bustle, but my dress is layered silk organza and I'm not sure if it will work. :confused3 I'll have to contact my own professional.

She's doing a French bustle. I have tons of lace and beading on organza, and she said it would show off the detail the best. It looked pretty awesome, even with just the pins. :goodvibes

Just read your PJ and everything looks great so far! Can't wait to read more. I'm also happy to see I'm not the only one that likes planning things so far in advance lol

I completely agree with the french bustle, it really makes the dress look stunning and sometimes (depending on the detail on your dress) it looks better bustled than with the train out. It sounds like your dress has lots of beautiful details, I am sure it is going to look amazing.

Keep the updates coming!

Many months ago (possibly years), I was extremely excited to get to the 16-month mark so I could call and pencil in our date. That day was Monday (since the 7 was on Saturday), but I have yet to even make an effort to pick up the phone and call.

I just fell so blah about calling because I really can't do anything yet. I don't want to say that I feel like it's pointless to call at this point, but I don't have a better word for it. I want to call and get going, but I feel like nothing will happen regardless.

Blah. :confused3

If you do, post about it. I haven't called yet either to pencil in for Oct 2013 and am curious to find out what its like.

Well, I *finally* called to pencil in my date. It made me laugh because they still had me in the system from our original date (January 2013). The lady was super-sweet and updated our info for November 2013. I still have the same consultant, too. Now, I just have to wait for her to call me back. :cool1:

I am more than ready to get this show on the road. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to contain myself for a few more months. At least I have our trip in December to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter