Our WILD Fairytale Wedding and Honeymoon Trip! And We're off!!!

Hi!

I just noticed (from one of your posts on another thread) that you are just 1 month exactly from your wedding! :banana:

It must be so exciting! I'm excited for you and I've only read through bits and pieces of your PJ (which is awesome and very helpful, btw!). :thumbsup2

I just wanted to leave a note and wish you the best in the last few weeks before the big day! I'll be following along popcorn:: and can't wait to hear how everything goes for you! I'm sure its going to be AMAZING from what you've described!!

Yay for you!! best wishes! :yay:
Leah
Thanks!! We are actually about 30 days from when we leave. Tomorrow is 5 weeks from our wedding day!!:banana: We are so excited!!

I deleted most of my PJ for personal reasons, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!

Thank you so much for the well wishes and for reading along!!:surfweb:

your plan sounds amazing!!! hope the wedding goes well and can't wait to see your dress...love all the details like the dessert party and the breakfast at GF and getting nails done on the big day!

your plan sounds amazing!!! hope the wedding goes well and can't wait to see your dress...love all the details like the dessert party and the breakfast at GF and getting nails done on the big day!

Thanks!!! I am so excited about my dress ;) Hopefully the next 30 days fly by!!

Thanks!! We are actually about 30 days from when we leave. Tomorrow is 5 weeks from our wedding day!!:banana: We are so excited!!

Ok- 5 weeks is still pretty exciting!! yay!

I deleted most of my PJ for personal reasons, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!
Thanks - I may take you up on that kind offer to PM you! Oh and I wondered where your info went! I think I was also confusing your PJ with the fact that you've had a lot of other posts I've found helpful. Either way, thanks for sharing and keep the info coming! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the well wishes and for reading along!!:surfweb:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Ok- 5 weeks is still pretty exciting!! yay!

Thanks - I may take you up on that kind offer to PM you! Oh and I wondered where your info went! I think I was also confusing your PJ with the fact that you've had a lot of other posts I've found helpful. Either way, thanks for sharing and keep the info coming! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

PM me anytime :) I'm glad I can be helpful to someone!

So what's left on our to do list:

-Lose weight!! Lol, isn't it always. Eric is down 22lbs and so far I am down about 5 but need to weigh in on Friday. Need to be able to breathe in my dress ;)

-Pack!! We are going to hit up Target and Walmart in a few weeks for some new tanks, shorts, t's and socks:woohoo:

-Keep trying for a cheaper rental car rate. Right now I have a midsize for about $275. I'm happy with it, but could be happier!!

-Finish downloading music for our reception (about half way there)

-Get Eric a white dress shirt for the wedding

-Eric also needs new golf shoes and sneakers:headache:

-Get the binder together, I have our spreadsheet put together but need to print out all our confirmations and such.

-I still need to be gifts for our parents and bridal party gifts.

Whew!! I think that's it!! Oh and PACK!!! I'm so excited to pack!!:yay:

Morning!!

So today is officially 35 days until we get married!!:cool1: I can't believe how quickly the trip is coming!!

One thing I really wanted to do is get a few custom shirts for our trip. We are very quickly running out of time.

I had some design requests on the Disigns board but I'm not sure if I am going to use them since i found this (or rather another diser found them and suggested it!!)!!
il_430xN.118387136.jpg

and this!!
il_430xN.116996003.jpg

Eric really wants to wear a custom shirt too. I have an iron on Mickey Jets logo but after last weekend not sure he is ready to wear it:rotfl:

He would totally rock something like this
Groom.jpg

And he loves this
Wedding5.jpg

So we'll see what I end up being ambitious enough to try!! :laughing:

HI Amanda!!! (or Mandy --- what do you like better???) I'm here, I'm here! Oh, I love to hear about your plans....wow.....we just couldn't swing it financially to do a Disney wedding, but I love living vicariously through yours!! Keep the updates coming!!!!:banana:

I like those better than the other ones you sent. Very fun!

HI Amanda!!! (or Mandy --- what do you like better???) I'm here, I'm here! Oh, I love to hear about your plans....wow.....we just couldn't swing it financially to do a Disney wedding, but I love living vicariously through yours!! Keep the updates coming!!!!:banana:
I like Amanda better...silly me didn't think about that when I created my username!!

We just got our final bill from Disney Weddings today and are very pleased with ourselves...we stuck to our budget no matter how much Disney said it couldn't be done:cool1:

LOVE the Disney brides and groom stuff! I think you should get them all! :rotfl:
Lol I think so too!!

I like those better than the other ones you sent. Very fun!

I think I do too...and I'm glad you said that ;)

On a side note, I need to vent about our Best Man and his wife. They are really great people...very nice and Eric and Eric have been best friends forever.

However...they are NOT Disney people. They do not plan to go to any parks with the exception of our wedding. And that's OK! But they just don't get it.

Their mom paid for the hotel stay as a Christmas gift. We just found out a few weeks ago because they couldn't remember the name of the hotel. All they said was it's new!!

It's Pop Century:cutie: So we were super excited because they are staying on site.

Eric just called me today and repeated this conversation. For confusion puproses, Eric is my groom and Bloomer is his best man. Don't ask...

Bloomer- How do you get your bags to the hotel?
Eric- We pick them up and put them in our rental car:laughing:
Bloomer-Oh, we aren't renting a car
Eric- Well how are you going to get everywhere (Mostly wedding events...but they mentioned going to the beach)
Bloomer-We'll just take a bus
Eric- The buses only go to the Parks, you can't get to the Boardwak
Bloomer- Oh well, we'll just take the monorail.

OMG.

We try to explain this stuff to them but they just don't get it...or don't care. Or maybe a bit of both.

So it ends up we are going to be their personal taxis during the week.

Monday-Pick them up and take them to dinner...and back
Tuesday- Pick Bloomer up for golf, take him back. Pick them both up for the rehearsal
Wednesday-Pick them up for the wedding. The shuttle we have for the wedding will take them back to their hotel.

I'm just a bit irrritated because it's our wedding week and now I have to babysit grown adults. I know I don't have to...but I don't want Eric to be disappointed when they don't show up somewhere because they are late or got lost.

Thanks for letting me vent!

I
On a side note, I need to vent about our Best Man and his wife. They are really great people...very nice and Eric and Eric have been best friends forever.

However...they are NOT Disney people. They do not plan to go to any parks with the exception of our wedding. And that's OK! But they just don't get it.

Their mom paid for the hotel stay as a Christmas gift. We just found out a few weeks ago because they couldn't remember the name of the hotel. All they said was it's new!!

It's Pop Century:cutie: So we were super excited because they are staying on site.

Eric just called me today and repeated this conversation. For confusion puproses, Eric is my groom and Bloomer is his best man. Don't ask...

Bloomer- How do you get your bags to the hotel?
Eric- We pick them up and put them in our rental car:laughing:
Bloomer-Oh, we aren't renting a car
Eric- Well how are you going to get everywhere (Mostly wedding events...but they mentioned going to the beach)
Bloomer-We'll just take a bus
Eric- The buses only go to the Parks, you can't get to the Boardwak
Bloomer- Oh well, we'll just take the monorail.

OMG.

We try to explain this stuff to them but they just don't get it...or don't care. Or maybe a bit of both.

So it ends up we are going to be their personal taxis during the week.

Monday-Pick them up and take them to dinner...and back
Tuesday- Pick Bloomer up for golf, take him back. Pick them both up for the rehearsal
Wednesday-Pick them up for the wedding. The shuttle we have for the wedding will take them back to their hotel.

I'm just a bit irrritated because it's our wedding week and now I have to babysit grown adults. I know I don't have to...but I don't want Eric to be disappointed when they don't show up somewhere because they are late or got lost.

Thanks for letting me vent!

You don't have to babysit, this is easily fixed-

Tell your friends to take Magical Express to/from the airpor since they're staying on site, no need for a rental car.

As far as golfing goes, Disney provides complimentary transportation to/from their golf courses. Tell them to stop by conceirge to get the voucher, it also includes tip.

For to/from Boardwalk, tell them to take a bus from Pop to MGM and then take the Friendship Boat to the BoardWalk. If they go home late, they can take a bus to DD and then transfer to a Pop bus.

No need to worry about being their personal drivers, just arm them with the information and tell them to plan extra time. :)

No I understand I don't have to take them anywhere. But to avoid an even more stressful situation for Eric, I would rather. The lesser of two evils, if you will. He was terribly disapointed with his bachelor party and I don't want something like that to happen again.

We will have our car so if you ever need us to pick them up please let us!! Especially the day of the wedding...Patrick has nothing to do he could totally go get them. There is no need for you guys to have to worry about them especially on your wedding day! :hug:

We will have our car so if you ever need us to pick them up please let us!! Especially the day of the wedding...Patrick has nothing to do he could totally go get them. There is no need for you guys to have to worry about them especially on your wedding day! :hug:

Thanks! I figure the day of the wedding won't be an issue beacause Eric won't be doing anything all day anyway!:lmao:

I think I am mostly frustrated that they aren't giving a second though...they just assume they'll figure out how to get around. The monorail...:rotfl:

I think you should just nicely ask them to rent their own car. You can tell them that you will be doing a lot of running around for the wedding and your not so sure if your going to be able to pick them up whenever they need to be picked up.

I know plenty of people that have gone to Disney and get around fine without a car, as sbsteel pointed out you can always get around.

Maybe they really can't afford the trip but want to be a part of your wedding, so that is why they are not going to the parks or renting a car and their mom paid for the hotel.

I think you should just nicely ask them to rent their own car. You can tell them that you will be doing a lot of running around for the wedding and your not so sure if your going to be able to pick them up whenever they need to be picked up.
I talked to Eric about last night and he's going to talk to them again. Apparently they have made up their mind they know better than we do even though they haven't been before.

I know plenty of people that have gone to Disney and get around fine without a car, as sbsteel pointed out you can always get around.

Maybe they really can't afford the trip but want to be a part of your wedding, so that is why they are not going to the parks or renting a car and their mom paid for the hotel.
Fortunately money isn't a problem for them right now. They can definitely afford the trip and a car rental isn't a big deal. They have absolutely no interest in Disney and have told us that. They are coming to support DF but would rather lay by the pool all day than do anything else. They keep trying t convince us to take a trip to the carribean with them but we have no interest in that. Just a difference of opinions.

Like I said, I totally understand it's doable without a car (I've done it, we just prefer the car). Picking them up rather then relying on them to figure out how to get from Point A to Point B will be less stressful all around.

if they got a car would just be one less thing for you to worry about...each to their own but just couldn't imagine being in orlando and not visiting the parks...sort of like disney heresy!!!

went and read your previous trip report and really enjoyed it!!!

loved the picture from eddie (the cartoon guy hope i got the name right) have never heard of that before and know my bf will think it is really cool...extra $60 added accordingly to the to-do list...

did you buy the pink princess t-shirt...it was so pretty!!! might try and make my own!!!

if they got a car would just be one less thing for you to worry about...each to their own but just couldn't imagine being in orlando and not visiting the parks...sort of like disney heresy!!!

went and read your previous trip report and really enjoyed it!!!

loved the picture from eddie (the cartoon guy hope i got the name right) have never heard of that before and know my bf will think it is really cool...extra $60 added accordingly to the to-do list...

did you buy the pink princess t-shirt...it was so pretty!!! might try and make my own!!!

That's exactly my point:thumbsup2

Eric just loves Eddie!! We plan on seeing him again this trip and getting a Bride and Groom Mickey/Minnie picture to commemorate our trip. He's such a nice guy. They have those types of shops in almost all the parks, but we really enjoy talking to Eddie.

I didn't buy that pink shirt, I think it might have been a kids shirt:rotfl: I did love it though!

Amanda, I think it's a bit disappointing that they couldn't have done a little bit of research regarding the 'Disney' aspect of this trip. (i.e. how to get around, which parks they may be interested in):sad2:

I really hope you agreeing to somewhat 'babysit' them won't stress you out during your wedding week! It's really nice that your doing this for Eric, I"m sure it means a lot to him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter