Our trip to Disneyland in a Grand Californian 3 Bedroom Grand Villa.

1677547136327.jpeg
First of the two bedrooms upstairs. Each has their own bath and separated sinks.

We stayed in the only other 3-bedroom grand villa and wondered what views the other one had. Your view/location is pretty nice, and close to pools, too!
Pool view was nice and we could see the fireworks as they went off. It was quiet but it was winter so I think during the warm months it could get pretty noisy. We stayed in a two bedroom last year and it had that similar view you had, that was really nice too.

The next morning we woke up early and had breakfast together. We were all excited about the VIP tour. After cleaning up and getting ready we all wore our matching Disneyland sweatshirts that my wife had purchased on line for our trip. We left the room together to meet up with our VIP guide at 10 am. We were introduced to Greg our guide and it was off to Disneyland Park. This was an amazing day of rides and attractions. We were able to take our great grandson on most of the rides but one of us would stay back on rides that he could not go on. He is 2 going on 30. Greg walked us to the front of the line on each ride. I don’t think we waited more than one minute to get on any attraction. After Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, King Arthurs Carrousel, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mad Tea Party, The many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run, Mr Toads Wild Ride, Peter Pan Flight, Pinocchios Daring Journey, Pirates of the Caribbean, Its a Small World, Snow Whites Enchanted Wish, Star Wars Rise of the Resistance, front row seating to the holiday parade and lunch and drinks at Oga’s Cantina along with plenty of potty breaks. Through this tour Greg shared funny and fun facts about the park and Disneyland, along with interesting and funny stories about behind the scene. He was so knowledgable, entertaining and very personable. It was soon time for our dinner reservations at Blue Bayou. Greg checked us into the Restaurant and we were seated immediately but not before we said our goodbyes to Greg and told him how much we enjoyed his company. On a side note, it is customary to take care of your guide, remember he or she spends many hours with you and your family making sure you all feel special. Thank-you to Greg for giving us one of the most memorable days we have had at any of the parks. Everyone was very happy with their choices at Blue Bayou, we will definately go back. We were exhausted for the full day we had. Our VIP tour also included private seating for the Wondrous Journeys Fireworks show but we were all exhausted but since our Daughter and Son in Law never experienced it before we told them they needed to go. So they went. We watched the fireworks from our balcony. When our Daughter and Son in law returned from the fireworks they said that it was really great and had fantastic seats, and they were really glad they went. After sitting around with a glass of wine and talking about our day it was soon time to call it a night and get our strength back for tomorrow which begins at the spa. Still more to come…..

Last edited:
Up early and everyone helped cook a large breakfast to start the day. After cleaning up and getting ready it was off to the spa for a day of Peticures, Manacures, facials and masages. I stayed back with my 2 1/2 year old Great Grandson which we had a morning and afternoon of playing, looking out the window at all the people in the pool which was alot more than I thought since it was still chilly out. We walked all around California Adventure. Well, I walked he was in his stroller. After a few hours he was fast asleep and I took him back to the villa so he could take a peaceful nap. Soon everyone returned from their day at the spa all feeling so revived. it was now time to get ready for our dinner reservations at Catal Restaurant in Downtown Disney. We left for the short stroll to the restaurant. Well out of the whole trip so far this was not a very good choice since service and food was subpar. I ordered a vegetable paella which was totally burnt and crispy, the rice was so crunchy I was afraid I would break a tooth. When I told the server that I could not eat it since it was so burnt all the way through I was told thats how it is and walked away. There were problems with other foods at the table and we just made a note to never go back there. There are some really good restaurants at Disney so I would skip this restaurant next time. My wife and I took the baby back to the villa while everyone else went back to the parks. Soon before the parks closed they returned in time to go out on the balcony to watch the fireworks again, the baby loved it and kept asking us if it was time for the fireworks yet? Well tomorrow is check out day. We all loved the Villa and I have to say we had a wonderful time. Its always great to spend time with our family and watching them all have such a good time just makes it that much better. We have taken our kids when they were small many times to Disney World. As our grandson was growing up we took him to Disney World so many times that one time we said to him “guess where we are going” he said “where” we said “Disney World” and he replied “Again?”. It brought so much joy to us just to watch them all have so much fun and now we get to see our Grandson as a father and the joy in his eyes when his son is overjoyed with excitement at the parks. Being a DVC owner has given us three generations of happiness, best investment ever.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter