Our RPH Stay!

Paige3

Earning My Ears
We stayed at the RPH for 5 nights-12/27-1/1. Let me begin by saying that last year we stayed at the HRH club level and loved it. We had reserved a queen club room for this trip. At check in we were told that there were no queen club rooms available and that we were going to be put on another floor, but still have club access. The sick feeling begins to hit. My husband and I look at eachother and finally I say NO. I made the reservations back in Sept., have already paid for a night, and like the security of club level for the kids. The manager was called. Bregje, the manager worked for at least 30 minutes to try and accomodate us. Finally, a room was found and we were told to call by 4 and the room would be ready. We went to the parks, called at 1,2,3 and finally 4pm. Bregje gets on the phone and says there is a problem. Sick feeling returns. The people in the room prior to us had "smoked and abused the room." Bregje says that they will give us the connecting room also because of all the problems. I am skeptical, but happy to have a room. Bregje personally greets us and walks us to the room. Yes, the room smells like smoke but is clean. She opens the adjoining room which turns out to be the Bally Suite. We can't believe the size of it. There is a small kitchen with a full sized fridge and microwave, an 8 person dining room table, a queen size pull out sofa, an entertainment center with a large screen TV, dvd, cd player and surround sound, a large desk/business area and another bath with a big glass enclosed walk in shower. We also had 3 huge picture windows that overlooked the pool. The look on my kids faces were priceless. I thought my son was going to kiss Bregje. I guess my point in all of this is to let everyone know about the wonderful service and how they went above and beyond to fix a problem that was totally out of their control. I have already written a letter to Lowes about Bregje. Another lesson learned, when making club level reservations, specify and get in writing that you will be on the club level floor. Overbooked rooms go to other floors even though you are paying for the club floor. Sorry so long, I will write about the highlights of the trip soon!

Well done on sticking to your guns I think it very silly for them to overbook and expect the guests to have to deal with their mistakes if you have 1000 rooms u can only sell 1000 rooms but obviously they must assume some one will cancel:jester:

Congrats on the connecting hospitality parlor! Glad to hear they took care of you and did the right thing.

...because we had this suite back in September. My friends had a std. rooms and called it our Palace in the Sky and what a view. I hope you took that extra bath all for yourself as I did!

I was starting to get a sick feeling reading your report...LOL.... I thought "How could my favorite resort mess up like that!!!!!" But I am glad that they did not disappoint.

Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter