Our pre-park opening BOG is no longer pre-park opening

sbd78

DIS Veteran
We had a BOG pre-park opening at 8:15 on a 9:00 park opening day. Only, they just updated the hours and now MK is opening at 8:00am. :/ Is there any point in keeping this now? We weren't that crazy about the menu in the first place, the draw was getting into the park early and booking it to A&E after. I assume it will do us no good for getting to A&E early now? TIA.

We had a BOG pre-park opening at 8:15 on a 9:00 park opening day. Only, they just updated the hours and now MK is opening at 8:00am. :/ Is there any point in keeping this now? We weren't that crazy about the menu in the first place, the draw was getting into the park early and booking it to A&E after. I assume it will do us no good for getting to A&E early now? TIA.

Nope.

If you're only doing it to get into the park early..........I'd say no.

Doug :goofy:

you can get a lot of stuff done in that first hour when the park is quiet. I wouldn't keep it. That time change thing is so frustrating too, we are a pre-park breakfast kinda family. We love the buffets and characters and try to do it at every park during our trip and them changing times like this makes it difficult. Our last trip we changed it up and did RD, and at breakfast around 10-10:30am. This actually worked out pretty well. We didn't get to be in the park prior to opening, but we still got the perk of RD no line rides and as the crowds grew we got to escape for breakfast. :)

Glad you found out now. In 2010, our first trip and first day at MK, we found out our pre-opening CP breakfast was now at opening, as we got to the gates. Such a bummer and with a group of 8 it was too hard to change our minds on the fly.

This is my fear...I currently have a pre park opening BOG for Memorial Day, but I'm worried they are gonna change the hours. How close to your date did it change?

This is my fear...I currently have a pre park opening BOG for Memorial Day, but I'm worried they are gonna change the hours. How close to your date did it change?
We are going June 8th and I just found out yesterday. I found out because I got a Kenny the Pirate email about park openings changing for several dates in May and June. Sure enough, my date was included.

We are going June 8th and I just found out yesterday. I found out because I got a Kenny the Pirate email about park openings changing for several dates in May and June. Sure enough, my date was included.

Well that stinks...thanks for replying though! We had the same thing happen on our November trip last year. It's not fair when we put in so much planning on our end just to have them change things a few weeks out. Sorry that happened to you

I'll be the lone dissenter and say to keep it. We just returned from a week trip, and breakfast at BOG was our favorite meal there. I will absolutely admit we are slightly snobby about food, and don't regularly eat the type of food you can get in the parks, and BOG was a very, very welcome change. The food was excellent. I almost canceled it after we were disappointed in lunch there earlier in the week, and we are all so glad we kept the ADR.

So bummed. Read this thread and checked dates and sure enough, we have the same issue. I was so excited to get in the park early, too.

Are there certain days of the week that tend to get their hours changed? I booked a pre park opening breakfast at BOG for a day right before an EMH day at MK. Is there a way to know if that is more or less likely to have the hours changed?

I would cancel it. We did not like the breakfast (it wasn't even very warm), and I still believe its overpriced. The only advantage for us was getting on SDMT early.

I just checked my reservation and same for us, they changed the park opening time. Mine is for CRT, our first time there. So disappointed… I guess I'll have to keep calling and hope for a cancelation, I really don't want to spend the first hours int he park eating breakfast.

For what it's worth, we just had that really work out great for us. We got in line with the reservation people and were let into the park about 15 minutes ahead of the crowd. Instead of heading straight to our BOG reservation, we stalled and took photos on Mainstreet on our way in. There are cast members all over to keep you from getting in line, but, they let us wait outside of 7DMT. As soon as the crowds were approaching, they let us enter the line. So, we were the first group to ride the 7DMT and still made it to our 8:10 BOG reservation in time.

That wasn't our plan when we made the reservation, but, it worked great for us and lines were still short when we were finished eating a half hour later. We didn't even realize till we were waiting at the gate that the opening time had changed. So, we were scrambling to figure out what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter