• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Next Vacation Dollars will be spent at…

We will do Universal but probably not WDW. Would like to go to Disneyland again but the cost is prohibitive. I’m kicking around going to New Orleans.
New Orleans is great but the heroin has messed with the quarter a bit… We’ll be back (but staying inside after dark). Stick to tourist activities in groups and it’s awesome. Especially the food.

Hilton Head Island, SC in three weeks. Can’t wait to be back there again!
We were aiming for that general area for our next trip but the HHI DVC was fully booked. We booked elsewhere… “Stacking” our DVC pts for a resort stay at the CCV cabins again, I guess.

For this year at least I am still doing DVC. I recently renewed my AP, so no sense in wasting that. Next year, we will see. It is very easy to rent out my points should I decide to lay off WDW for a while. That said, I hate politics. There is a reason that it is not to be discussed around most dinner tables and here on the DIS as well.

Probably next spring when my DD18 will be playing softball, with her college, in Florida. Until then, we have to many projects around the house that need to get worked on, and of course the cost of those projects will add up 😐.

WDW in may (27 days!) then France/Switzerland/Italy (alps) in july. Have family there we haven’t seen since before covid. Also have cabin near Gatlinberg Tn booked for a four day weekend in November, then back to Disney next January. That’s the rest of our year. Thank god DH and I can take off work whenever we want lol

DANG, if it's a picket fence you might never make it anywhere.

We've been off the numerous fences for a long time that included WDW but not any more for the fore seeable future due to $$$$$. Even sold the motorhome so no more FW so instead we will be cruising the ever rising high seas.
Waiting to see if this upcoming Easter school vacation break will cause a spike. Airlines say they have record reservations for flights next week. Ships are expected to have higher passenger counts. If we don't have a spike, I might move off the fence. But right now, nursing homes are locking down, so not sure where it will go.

Our next vacation will be in WDW *ducking* but the one after that is an Alaskan cruise.

I went to Cuba in February, we just got back from a short trip to Toronto to see an NBA game and we have cruises planned in April and May. The price of all of them combined wouldn't pay for a decent week at WDW. Going to Disney just isn't on our radar screen anymore, as much for the avoidance of the new reservation and ride reservation systems as due to cost. It just all rubs me wrong.

I'm waiting for all the reviews and videos from the Disney Wish before booking a cruise. I'll end up waiting a year for the bugs to be worked out before boarding that gorgeous ship.

We own DVC, but due to current overcrowding and other <<reasons>>, we’ll be spending our next 5 day vacation at a beach town, meeting lots of other family members. Would have been at least 9, maximum 15 people, spending $ at WDW… We’ll now get together elsewhere… with a lazy river.
(I looked at IL, but the dates don’t mesh well with us right now. We’ll be back to WDW for a higher point resort-only stay, maybe hit up UO next time we’re in town.)
Longer term planning brings us to Europe, assuming no political unrest in countries of choice.

If you’re changing it up for your next vacation, where will you be spending your would have been WDW dollars?
Yellowstone in July- (moving daughter up to Wyoming)…Scotland in September- same daughter completed her Master’s in Scotland- due to COVid- we never could visit- so all 6 of us are going back for a delayed celebration.
After 5 Dis cruises (Pacific- Mediterranean), over 20 trips to DWorld or DLand, a stay at Aulani, our family has vowed never to spend another cent on this franchise. We had a good run- daughter even did the college program- our ages are 22-55- our generations will not support what Disney is backing- Same for my parents, siblings, and their kids. We considered DVC seriously, thankful we didn’t purchase.
There are lots of National parks and if we need a theme park- we’ll visit Universal or Busch…we can use the money saved to buy a beach place and rent it…for us, life without Dis vacations will be brighter than any with them. It’s like saying goodbye to a friend we created in our mind- then the reality popped up and we realized we had made a bad mistake. For us, it’s not a pause- it’s a permanent change. But, the Disboards were a bright light for many years of planning- the people here (majority) were so helpful and encouraging. I’ll be figuring out how to close this account- wish you all the best of journeys ahead- wherever your heart takes you!

No trips to WDW are planned for us in the immediate future, maybe not ever again. We were there 4-nights in January following a cruise and so much has changed, and not at all for the better in our opinion.

Next up for me is a 7-night solo trip next month to my favorite place, Mackinac Island❤️ I will be going there again in October for a 5-night stay. We have a 5-night camping trip in Ludington in June with family, then another 5-night camping trip at one of our favorite state parks. In August we have a 3-night stay in Frankenmuth at an Airbnb for my birthday, then a 3-night stay at a state park lodge in Indiana to celebrate our anniversary.

We haven’t made any plans yet for next winter. We may just wait until March and then go the the Gatlinburg area and Smoky Mountains for a couple of weeks.

So far this year: Maui, Fredericksburg, TX, Santa Rosa Beach, FL and numerous DLR day trips. (Local)

Planned for remainder of the year: N & S Carolina, Gulf Shores of AL, Italy in Fall. We’ve had an Amawaterways Christmas markets river cruise planned, but that is on hold for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter