Our Next Vacation Dollars will be spent at…

Carol_

DIS Veteran
We own DVC, but due to current overcrowding and other <<reasons>>, we’ll be spending our next 5 day vacation at a beach town, meeting lots of other family members. Would have been at least 9, maximum 15 people, spending $ at WDW… We’ll now get together elsewhere… with a lazy river.
(I looked at IL, but the dates don’t mesh well with us right now. We’ll be back to WDW for a higher point resort-only stay, maybe hit up UO next time we’re in town.)
Longer term planning brings us to Europe, assuming no political unrest in countries of choice.

If you’re changing it up for your next vacation, where will you be spending your would have been WDW dollars?

Next up, NYC. It has been a really long time since I went a winter without a visit to Disney on one of the coasts or at the very least a visit to FL with some Disney Springs time even though we weren't staying at WDW, but this year was just time. The crowds have been too much, the prices are too much, and the winter park reservations were too competitive for this last-minute gal. We're heading to Times Square in 9 days (but who's counting?) to finally take my theatre kid to a show on Broadway. And this summer is taking us to Europe, where we will get a little Disney fix as part of a larger Paris/London/Scotland/Ireland trip.

But we'll be back to WDW in the fall for a long weekend that I expect will be our last hurrah at the US parks for the foreseeable future.

Austria & Hungary in December, come hell or high water we are going!
I'm guessing a long weekend or two between now & then will happen but those things are often last minute decisions for us.

Scotland/Wales in 2023-

Next up, NYC. It has been a really long time since I went a winter without a visit to Disney on one of the coasts or at the very least a visit to FL with some Disney Springs time even though we weren't staying at WDW, but this year was just time. The crowds have been too much, the prices are too much, and the winter park reservations were too competitive for this last-minute gal. We're heading to Times Square in 9 days (but who's counting?) to finally take my theatre kid to a show on Broadway. And this summer is taking us to Europe, where we will get a little Disney fix as part of a larger Paris/London/Scotland/Ireland trip.

But we'll be back to WDW in the fall for a long weekend that I expect will be our last hurrah at the US parks for the foreseeable future.

I'm from the NYC area. Hope you and your family have a great time in the city and if you need any recommendations or advice, don't hesitate to reach out!

Utah for the natural scenery.
Utah is absolutely beautiful! I travelled to the Orem/Provo area for work a few years ago and fell in love with the place. If you see an RC Willey in your travels, stop in there and look at everything they have for sale and grab some delicious cookies from their bakery

Still sitting on the fence until the big picture is clearer.

DANG, if it's a picket fence you might never make it anywhere.

We've been off the numerous fences for a long time that included WDW but not any more for the fore seeable future due to $$$$$. Even sold the motorhome so no more FW so instead we will be cruising the ever rising high seas.

Central California Coast. Pismo Beach, Monterey, Half Moon Bay. The trip keeps evolving. And the final plan will be determined by who does or doesn’t accompany me on the trip. If I go alone, which it is looking like I will, I may cut the number if days and only do Pismo Beach. I used to really enjoy solo travel but now I just want someone to experience things with.

This is for my 50th birthday that was supposed to be at Disneyland. But for similar reasons (crowds) I changed the plans I’ve had for 6 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter