Our "magical" 9/19 cruise & WDW vacation :Final thoughts and TIPS

kamgen

DIS Veteran
Whew! That was a great trip and lots of info! Sorry about the individual reports, it was easier to sort the info!! :)

Here are some thoughts, observations and tips for you!

WDW:
With the tragedy we knew the crowds would be light and they really were, until Saturday the 22nd.
Cast members went out of there way to make everything especially magical at this dire time.
Take time to move slowly and cherish all that you experience.
The 100 years stuff was starting to show up and it is all amazing.
DisneyQuest is better than it seems. Take time to check it out.
If you plan to spend 10 days or more at WDW in a year..get the AP! Great investment.
Eat at BOMA!!
Eat at Whispering Canyon!
Try camping if you need to cut corners. Ft Wilderness is great! (just remember the air mattress) :)
See Flights of Wonder at AK.
Watch the fireworks with the people you love!
Watch Illuminations and cherish each moment of life :)

Cruise:
Arrive early and relax.
The ship was not full and we felt some of the somber from other passengers. The crew did its best to really make this magical.
Do the wine tasting, we loved it! And you get a pin :)
If you are a return cruiser, go to the party. It is a lot of fun and the food and drinks are great. We also got a sports bag in our room. This was held on CC day at about 5:30pm.
If you get motion sick, take something or get Sea Bands.
Try the spa (Spa Taster, Hydrotherapy Bath, and RF room are highly recommended)
participate in the games and parties, they are more fun that way!

Problems we had:
Spa: already discussed in previous trip report
DJ Darrin: the worst DJ we have ever seen. He only played music he liked and did not take any of our requests. He also never talked to anyone and had a bad attitude. Nothing like DJ Willie from the Wonder. Lucky for us, DJ Darrin will be off the ship in December, because he really hurt the entertainment aspect of our cruise. We are really into dancing and having fun and he was not. We were surprised Disney had such a person on staff. Whew, I could go on and on about him. :(
Credit: We are still working to get our $50 credit. They are telling us now that we don't get it because we missed the booking date by like 2 days. We cruised in January and have booked two cruises for this year! We are still discussing why this policy is a problem.

Overall:
Our vacation was wonderful and well needed. In the wake of things it felt weird to go and take a trip, but we needed it and it helped. The symbols of patriotism were everywhere and we felt a real part of America there. The weather was gorgeous and we only had one day of sprinkles. We were very lucky. The cruise was smooth except for a bit on the first night. I have the navigators still if anyone has a question, as well as the updated Spa menu. I know I have probably forgotten some things, so email me if you have questions!!!!

Hope you have enjoyed reading my reports!!

Take care and God Bless America,
Kamy

http://gennaroworld.topcities.com

Enjoyed reading your reports..thanks again...Marianne :earsgirl: :wave:

Kamy,

Thanks for the great trip report and pictures. Can't wait, we leave in 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter