Our "magical" 9/19 cruise & WDW vacation #3

kamgen

DIS Veteran
It is Tuesday morning and I am praying that my mom's flight takes off from Detroit and arrives safely in Orlando. To all of you on the boards who offered prayers, thanks!!!!

Mom arrived ontime and we waited right outside security to meet her. We jumped up and down waving our arms and she laughed and was happy to see us. Whew, glad that's over :)

We took mom to OKW to drop off her stuff and let her pick the park of the day. Since she was only to be in WDW for today (cruise leaves tomorrow) we let her choose! So, we were off to MK!! No complaints here! :)

The park was even more empty and we were able to ride everything we wanted. We even got mom on Splash Mountain!!! WOW!!! She hates heights and only rides things in Fantasy land, so this was a stretch. She was neervous but enjoyed it! After, we took the train around the park to relax.
Lunch: Columbia Harbor House (mom-fish/chicken combo, dh-NE Chowder, me-Vegetarian Chili. All good and reasonably priced)

We were able to see the Flag lowering ceremony at the park and feel it was one of the highlights of our trip. There were tears, salutes, and more people stopping to watch the guards take the flag down for the day. There was a moving point when the star spangled banner was played. I will remember that always.

For dinner, we headed over to WL and had a great meal at Whispering Canyon. The all you care to eat skillet with meats, potatoes, corn and beans was wonderful and VERY filling. A fun place to take the whole family and kids will love the all you can drink milkshakes.

After dinner we went back to OKW for a night swim and relaxed for awhile. Later, dh and I went back to DQ to satisfy our video game urge. :)

Then off to bed to rest up for our cruise!! Yeah!! :)

The next morning we loaded up the truck and headed to POLY for breakfast at Kona Cafe. It was one word...AMAZING. The tonga toast is the best and the service was terrific. They even had the entire restaraunt sing happy birthday to me! A very nice touch and I was in a great mood to head over to the port for our DCL check in!! :)

The next report will go through our magical DCL 3 night cruise!

Thanks for reading along,

Kamy

http://gennaroworld.topcities.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter