Our house is NOT for sale!

It's just cold calls hoping to be your broker so they can get the sales commission. Back when they used to do this sort of thing through snail mail, we got a mailing saying they had a buyer looking for a home matching ours. Funny thing was ours had been on the market for a couple of months at the time. I wrote back, "YOU'RE IN LUCK! The house is on the market, contact my RA!" Never heard another word from them...
I need to try that one….. I have an agent that would enjoy that

Our tax appraisals have more than doubled in the last 20 years with most of that happening just recently. I get texts and calls and notes on the door asking to sell our house regularly way beyond how it used to be. I think that I will stay put for a while.

Our tax appraisals have more than doubled in the last 20 years with most of that happening just recently. I get texts and calls and notes on the door asking to sell our house regularly way beyond how it used to be. I think that I will stay put for a while.
After more than a decade of home prices being flat in our area, the prices have shot up The value of our house increased 35% just in the past year. Right now, homes in our neighborhood are really hot and there are very few available in the MLS. Most are sold via pocket listings. My best friend is a real estate agent who wanted to buy a home here. She failed because she's not part of the clique of agents who represent most of the home sales in the neighborhood.

After more than a decade of home prices being flat in our area, the prices have shot up The value of our house increased 35% just in the past year. Right now, homes in our neighborhood are really hot and there are very few available in the MLS. Most are sold via pocket listings. My best friend is a real estate agent who wanted to buy a home here. She failed because she's not part of the clique of agents who represent most of the home sales in the neighborhood.
Ours were never flat but increased steadily just a bit over time. Until recently! Plus apartment prices have skyrocketed too so its hard for a lot of people out here.

I'm still getting offers to buy the house I sold almost 2 years ago.
And it's 8 states away. :confused3

I get more of them than ones for my current house. Which is not for sale, and if it was the Retirement Community I'm in has ROFR anyhow, since I'd be moving into one of their apartments (or an urn).

Spam callers are the best, broken English, They always have to get there senior on the line.
they don’t get it when you tell them their English is not American English…..
20 minutes later they realize I’m bored and just save 4 little old lady thousand of dollars….
Then they start swearing at you……
best free live entertainment ever….
oh and the best part, when they call you it’s like 2am in New Delhi …. so you spammers are a great source of enjoyment
I thought that I was they only one that did that.

Whenever I get a post card that has a picture of my house on one side and on the back says “Mrs. Mom2rb is this your house?” I call the number, curse them out and tell them to quit stalking me.
Won't that just cause them to call you more? Once they have a verified number they will sell it to other telemarketers.

get calls, texts, mailers (postcards w/ recent sales photos and prices). those i can easily ignore. i still have a wealth of small flags (american, valentines, st. patrick's day...) that realtors would pepper our lawn with where we lived during the '06/'07 selling frenzy. when we did decide to sell back then i immediately wouldn't consider any of the realtors who had put those unsolicited flags on my lawn or left flyers and business cards on our front porch. there's a very desirable area near us that has always been VERY high in price but has exploded w/ more recent demand. i've heard of home owners who come home to find costly gift baskets on their porches from realtors soliciting their homes. some must not do their market research well though-the gift baskets frequently contain bottles of wine and cured meats but a significant population of the homeowners are seventh day adventists so the realtor efforts are misguided at best.

We live on a lake. We get post cards, letters, and emails every day. Lake home inventory is very low in our state. One of our neighbors is a realtor and she told us that almost every agency has a waiting list of people who want to buy lake homes, which is why most of them are sold before they really hit the market. The only way we'd sell now is if we were ready to relocate, and we're not.

If we got calls we never answered them. But usually get a few postcards / letters during the month from Realtors letting us know we can sell.

Last summer I was receiving multiple texts inviting me to open house tours. Like 10 a day for several days. I finally blocked the number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter