Our Great Grandsons first trip to Disney.

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Arrival day

We drove from Vegas to the Grand Californian Resort, where we have a 2 bedroom villa waiting for us. Arriving at 6:30 pm with just enough time to have our luggage brought up to our room and meet up with my Grandson and his family at our 7:00pm reservation at GCH Craftsman Grill. Food was good and our Great Grandson who is 18 months, has no idea of what is in store for him on the next 4 night 5 day trip. Stopped at the gift shop on the way back to our villa because what is a trip to Disneyland or World without the Kids playing with their very own bubble machine. Now back up in the Villa we look out the window and porch at a direct view of the Mickey ferris wheel and some other rides. Soon its time to get some sleep so we are well rested for a full day of fun with our favorite people of all, our Grandson, our Granddaughter in law and our great Grandson. Waking up every morning my Great Grandson would look out the window of our livingroom and his eyes would light up and he would say wow! This is a view from our balcony.

Image.jpeg

Day 2

Up early for a 9am breakfast with the characters at the Plaza inn. Well to see our great grandsons eyes light up when he gets to meet Tiger and Daisy in person. He has a big stuffed Tigger at home which was his fathers when he was a baby, we saved it for the day he has a child and well now is the time. So Tigger is one of his favorite characters. Well the characters paid alot of attention to all the kids which made this breakfast special. While the food was sub-par the interaction was great. Now off to Dumbo the flying elephant. Well that was a big hit since he was in full control of making Dumbo go up and down. I have to say that our best times are through our kids, grandkids and great grandkids eyes, (and of course neices, nephews, close friends and/or all friends and families)when we see the joy in their faces it makes it all worth it for us. A few other rides like “Its a small world” and “The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh”. And soon it was time for a nap. Going back to the room and relax. We had lunch in the Villa and soon it was time for our reservation at Napa Rose. Dinner was great.

Image_1.jpeg

Image_2.jpeg

Day 3

Up early and breakfast in the Villa. Today we will let my Grandson and his wife go off on their own while we stay with our great grandson. So they went off to the parks on their own while we went down to the pool and had so much fun. Our great grandson just loved the pool. We all met up at the pool later in the day and soon it was time to start getting ready for our dinner plans at Wine Country Trattoria. Seated out side was okay but we were in a wind tunnel and it was very cold so they moved us indoors. Well I have to say the food was good, no complaints there but boy are they missing the boat on the dining room, its just run down and doesn’t reflect well on the restaurant. After dinner we walked around before heading over to the desert party and the water show. All was great there and now it was time to head back to the Villa.

Day 4

Up in the morning for a 9am breakfast at Goofys Kitchen at the Disneyland Resort. That was pretty nice, the characters danced around quite often, they were not as interactive with the kids as they were at the Plaza inn but I have to say there was no comparison in the quality of food, Goofys Kitchen won that hands down. After breakfast its back to the Disneyland Park. After some rides, which we did ride swap on some rides where they went on while we stayed with our great grandson and then we would go on while they stayed with him.

For lunch we ordered ahead from Harbour Galley. Soup breadbowls and lobster rolls. All was very good I definitely recommend it for quick service, also to order ahead was the best thing ever. I let them know I was there through the app. And they let me know when it was ready and I just went up and picked it up. No standing in lines. The baby fell asleep so my wife and I stayed with the baby and sent the two of them off to enjoy the park. We all met up later at the Villa and got ready for our dinner reservation at the out door section of Carthey Circle. The food was one of the best of the trip. Service was great, it was very enjoyable. We walked around and went on a few attractions and soon it was late and we headed back to the villa. Can’t believe we leave tomorrow, time goes so fast when your on vacation. On our way out of the park we caught a glimpse of the Electric Light Parade.

Image_3.jpeg

Image_4.jpeg

Day 5

Sadly we had breakfast in the room while we all packed. Filled our car and truck up with all our luggage and everything else and put our vehicles back in the parking lot and headed off to the Disneyland park. Once in the park and we had no other reservations tied to our trip, we went and turned our 5 day park hopper tickets into season passes for just $200 more each. Well worth the cost. Back to the Harbour Galley quick service for more lobster rolls and soup. A few more rides and now its time to say good-bye to all our company…M.I.C…see ya real soon, K.E.Y why because we like you… M…..O…….U……S……E. Thanks for reading. Our next trip is mid June.

Last edited:
Such a great trip report! There is nothing like seeing Disney through the eyes of a child! We are taking our 4 year old granddaughter for her first trip to WDW in October!!

Such a great trip report! There is nothing like seeing Disney through the eyes of a child! We are taking our 4 year old granddaughter for her first trip to WDW in October!!
She will love it. You will love it even more just to watch the smile on her face. We brought our kids to Disneyworld in the early 80’s, now grown. Took our grandson in the mid 90’s and now our Great Grandson. We are lucky enough to both be healthy and able to enjoy every minute each generation has given us. Have a great trip and take lots of pictures.

taking our Great Grandson to Disneyland for his Second Birthday for 4 days, First week in September. He is gonna have so much fun, from his last trip he still talks about meeting Micky Mouse.

I love reading trip reports and yours was a great one! Thanks for sharing... I'm hoping to take my great niece & nephew (twins) next year for their 2nd trip to WDW.

I love reading trip reports and yours was a great one! Thanks for sharing... I'm hoping to take my great niece & nephew (twins) next year for their 2nd trip to WDW.
Thank you. Hope you go next year and you all have a great memorable time.

The trip to Disneyland for my Great Grandsons 2nd birthday in September was a great success. We had a blast.

Thanks so much for sharing your vacaion with us. Love hearing about the little ones' reactions. You are blessed to have them in your life. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your vacaion with us. Love hearing about the little ones' reactions. You are blessed to have them in your life.
We just found out a week ago that we are having a second Great Grandchild. We were always there for our daughter when she was working our grandson was with us, we do the same for our great grandson and will do that until we are unable to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter