Our Goofy and Major Pixie Dust

WendyisDarling

DIS Veteran
We had a wonderful end of August stay with major pixie dust.
I've been reluctant to post as, although I know many love to read about Disney Magic, a very few anticipate they will or should receive the same experience on their trips.
We have stayed on site 15 times in the past 10 years. We've received one two other special but much smaller surprises. It is thrilling. I don't know how these are decided, but I offer the advice to not have an expectation or try to influence Disney to let the pixie dust flow.

With that being said... Our trip started at AKL Savannah room. Wonderful. We split our stay, as we often do, to return to our favorite Polynesian. We save and splurge on CL. Typically we stay Garden View because the lobby's view is incredible enough. Not available and we ended up biting the bullet and going beyond our usual spending to what was available: TPV. Wow! Awesome.

To the best part-- I originally asked IPO to purchase with my credit card a medium sized Goofy plush and a Goofy branded candy to have waiting in our room when we arrived, if they still provide this service. (I had read here they do not.)
Our adult son has severe special needs-loves Goofy and we thought it would be nice in the special room. While staying at AKL, I realized we didn't need to bother IPO with our request. We could purchase and sneak it in the room-plus I still was unsure if they were going to accommodate.

I sent an email and told them if they had purchased already it was OK but if not we could easily manage the task.

It took just a couple of minutes to get a reply. "Please don't purchase the Goofy merchandise and do not worry about your CC being charged".

Hmm...ok, maybe they will give him the stuffed Goofy. How nice.

When we went to our room we were pleasantly surprised to see a photograph of Goofy holding a photoshopped sign that read "Aloha son's name" on the outside of the door. Aww...how nice!

This was a small gesture to what waited inside! The daybed was FULL of balloons, a large plush Goofy, a lanyard with every Goofy pin I think the parks had available, a very nice WDW frame with the same photo as on the door, Goofy hat, too many Goofy candies to count, most Goofy trinket you can imagine: from a pen to hand sanitizer to magic band add ons and more! My DS thought it was Christmas-and that Goofy hand delivered everything. Of course, I'm tearing up...to see his joy (as all mothers know this then was my joy).

It was magical, a totally unexpected surprise...
I know these things happen to others once in a blue to others, but I NEVER thought our family would be on the receiving end.

Of course, when reading I have thought, that would be great if it happened to us. But have tried to share the excitement of that family. I hope others are greeted with similar pixie dust, but as most know it is incredibly rare.

As for us we will never forget it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter