Our first trip, will this AK plan work?

lovinthefall08

Earning My Ears
Planning to make rope drop (9am) and hoping this plan will work.

Get FP for Everest then FP for Kali River Rapids. Head over to Kilimanjaro Safari.

If we do this can we make a 10:25 ADR at Tusker House?

We'd really like to do the safari early (hear the animals are more active) after breakfast we're ok with taking things as they come.

ps. As I mentioned this is our first trip, I am sure alot of these types of questions are going to come up in the next few days as I try to figure some things out for each park.

Planning to make rope drop (9am) and hoping this plan will work.

Get FP for Everest then FP for Kali River Rapids. Head over to Kilimanjaro Safari.

If we do this can we make a 10:25 ADR at Tusker House?

We'd really like to do the safari early (hear the animals are more active) after breakfast we're ok with taking things as they come.

ps. As I mentioned this is our first trip, I am sure alot of these types of questions are going to come up in the next few days as I try to figure some things out for each park.

You can not get FP that close together. I dont know who you are going with but if it was my family i would run ahead and grab the fast passes at mt everest while my wife took the kids to the safari where i would meet them. After the safari you can look at your fast passes and see if you can get Your Kali fast passes on your way to Bfest. If time is tight you can do the same thing and send one person to kali to get the FP while the rest of you go towards Bfest.

Just a little hint you dont have to return between the 2 times on your fast passes you only have to return after the first time. IE fast pass is for 10:00 to 11:00 you can come back at 3:00 and they will let you on no problem.

What we did was be there at rope drop and head straight to the Safari, we were able to get on within 10 mins, we then headed to EE and rode it within 15 mins and got FP to return to that.

This was last the last week of March 09, so it was pretty busy.

Now we didn't have adrs to make, but I would say if you went straight to safari ride it and then get fp to EE you should make your adr and then head to get or ride Kali river.

You can only have 1 FP at a time (or at least until after the return time of the 1st FP). I would ride Everest right after rd and then either ride again or get a FP for later and ride Dinosaur (if you are going to ride this, which my family LOVES!) and then go and ride the Safari. You should still have time for your Tusker House ressie.
Then get your Kali FP after breakfast, if you didn't get another FP for Everest or the return time is over.

What time of the year are you going?

Although you can have more than two FP at the same time you have to wait 1-1/2 to 2 hrs before getting the second one.

Try this Get EE FS, then ride Safari, ride Kali, then your ADR, and then use your EE FS after letting your meal settle!

Just thought I would bring to the forefront that you will get SOAKED on the rapids. So maybe plan that accordingly in your day.
Do you really want to be drenched first thing? Or later when you maybe headed home?
Just saying.....I would hate to walk around drenched, it isn't fun.

Oh and you will get WET. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all of your input. I think we will try to get to EE right away, grab FP for Kali then head to the Safari then ADR. I think I prefer to ride Kali later just incase we do get wet.

We are leaving this Tuesday!!:yay:

Although you can have more than two FP at the same time you have to wait 1-1/2 to 2 hrs before getting the second one.

Try this Get EE FS, then ride Safari, ride Kali, then your ADR, and then use your EE FS after letting your meal settle!

My problem with this is that you will be soaked before your breakfast if you ride Kali then! I would try for this at the end of your day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter