Our first trip to Disneyland!!! How long of a drive from LAX to Disneyland at 7am???

angelshann23

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!! Let me start by saying I absolutely love this website. I am planning my family's first trip to Disneyland and this site has been the best resource I could ask for.

We will be at Disneyland for 3 days and 4 days in Las Vegas. My son who is 8 yrs old thinks we are only going to Vegas. I can't wait to see the look on his face when we drive up to DL. I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about how surprised he will be!!

Anyways we are renting a car from LAX and driving to DL. Problem is that we will be hitting the raod around 7am. I have read that LA has the worst traffic. Anyone have an idea as to how long it might take us to get to DL from LAX?

angelshann23 said:
Hi everyone!! Let me start by saying I absolutely love this website. I am planning my family's first trip to Disneyland and this site has been the best resource I could ask for.

We will be at Disneyland for 3 days and 4 days in Las Vegas. My son who is 8 yrs old thinks we are only going to Vegas. I can't wait to see the look on his face when we drive up to DL. I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about how surprised he will be!!

Anyways we are renting a car from LAX and driving to DL. Problem is that we will be hitting the raod around 7am. I have read that LA has the worst traffic. Anyone have an idea as to how long it might take us to get to DL from LAX?

We just got back yesterday. We landed at 1:15PM (Friday July 8th) , we had to wait for the car rental shuttle to take us to National. We didn't get to the Crown Plaza until 3:30PM and that was not during rush hour. On our return we went to LA to stay with my nephew before returning to LAX. From LA to LAX took 1 hour and we left his apartment at 9AM.
It depends on so many variables. Just be prepared for stop and go traffic on the freeways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter