Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

Woo-Hoo, it's a wrap! Great TR, thanks for the Christmas journey!

I am sooo addicted to Candy Crush, I go back and forth between the Dis and CC while I wait for more lives!

Great TR. I always enjoy reading yours.

DH is obsessed with Candy Crush also. He always has the computer as well. He is so obsessed I find him playing my game on my phone. It is a bad addiction..lol

Wonderful TR Leshaface. I have read a couple of yours and would love it if you did another one from F&W. We will be there for that but not till the end of October.

Plus, would love to see the growth of your little boy by then.

Have a great summer! :goodvibes

All of our bags were packed and we took them downstairs to have them held in BS while we toured a bit of Epcot. Does anyone know, are you able to use the check-in services for a flight hours before riding the Magical Express? Otherwise, we would have skipped this step completely! I took a few last pictures of the lobby while DH was getting all of our luggage settled.

Yes you can use the flight check-in before you leave for the airport as long as your airlines participates! The best part is they take your luggage for you and bring it to the airport! They will also give you your boarding passes. One less thing to worry about! :thumbsup2

I'm going to do it....

Finish the rest of this TR right now! :lmao:
Wow... when you say you're going to finish a TR, you sure mean it. :lmao:

By the time dinner was over, it was 8:45 and everyone felt like walking off their meal. So we headed to Epcot to walk around a few countries
Dinner looks great! I'm glad you were able to have so much luck in last minute ADR changes like that.

A blurry Eiffel Tower
Really??? You just got there! I usually have to start in Mexico for it it be blurry.:rotfl:

Everyone was hungry so we made it over to the Patisserie in France. I wish I had multiple stomachs so I could have one of each item in here
It's vacation. If you don't keep eating until you're uncomfortable, then you're not doing it right. :thumbsup2

We all ordered the ham and swiss croissants. SO GOOD! Wish I could have this every morning with coffee!
See! I think you get my point. Coffeecake and then a breakfast croissant. :thumbsup2

Now I have to say, DH is never wrong a lot of the time. However, when he is right, he rubs it in everyones faces and is completely smug about it. BUT this time he was completely wrong and I took a quick picture of his defeated face! Haha!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I really want to have a TR, but not sure if Ill do one yet, since I did so poorly with this one. We shall see!
Enjoy your October trip! I hope you do a TR on that trip! I know things get busy at times, but the important fact is you finished this TR and we're still here following along! :thumbsup2

Enjoy your October trip! I hope you do a TR on that trip! I know things get busy at times, but the important fact is you finished this TR and we're still here following along! :thumbsup2

I think this is the most important consideration in yiur October TR! We don't care if you drag it out. We enjoy your sense of humor, your tips and of course watching your adorable son grow.

You really made the most of your last hours there. How did AP handle yourr cancellation? Did they charge you the $10 fee or did they waive that since you changed to another signature restaurant? Your appetizer looks so good. I woukd be happy just to go there and eat that!

Where are you staying in October? Did I know about these dates? We leave on the 7th, but our flight isn't until almost 6PM so I think we have until about 2PM until we catch DME. Are you coming down in September while Pam is at DL?

Welcome back :) how was the PA trip?

I understand too well about Candy Crush. I've hit a level that I can't beat and haven't played for weeks, it makes me mad.

You can use the airline check in early, you didn't have to store your bags.

Dinner looked scrumptious. Glad you were able to switch.

Love that seagull, I've wanted to buy it for a while, I should just get it!

Thanks for sharing your adventure :)

Congrats on F & W! Where are you staying? I agree, do a TR if you're up for it. No need to rush :)

Yay you're back!

Great ending to your great report, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I love the Mine, Mine, Mine stuff, and I bet the hoodie looks adorable on Calvin.

Wow, the meal at Flying Fish looked amazing,

I am definitely going there on y hex trip after seeing those pics!

So glad to see you back!!! LOVED the nigh time Epcot fountain photos. You can use the airline check in anytime the day of your flight. We always check in, then check out of our room.

If you husband needs Candy Crush friends, let me know :lmao: It's a sickness

Great end, thank you for taking the time to write and finish it for us! :thumbsup2

I am there during your dates, though we fly home October 10th. Very excited for F&W again.

Great trip report! I don't mind it being drug out, that just makes it last longer =) You've got to do a TR for your next trip and you've got to post some new pics of Calvin!

Before I reply to everyone, I can't BELIEVE how many of you are addicted to Candy Crush! :lmao: I really didn't expect to see almost everyone on here playing it. As you can see, I finally got my computer back for the night. He's now on level 168. Up from level 150 in under 2 days....obsessed.

Candy Crush may not be a drug, but I think its just as addictive!

How was your trip to my area? Weren't you here during some nasty storms. So sorry I missed all that. Not!

I love the flying fish. I have had two really great meals there so I would not hesitate to go back again. Bummer that your mom loathes fish and seafood. I can't imagine that. I hope she liked her steak. Your desserts look super yummy.

Oh my gosh! We arrived on Thursday..when there were TORNADO WARNINGS being sent to my phone! :scared1: There was some crazy wind and rain but luckily our plane had landed and we were trying to get our car rental straightened out when the craziness happened. Thank goodness it stopped when we finally got out onto the road!

I can't imagine not loving Seafood either. I think I would hate life if I could never eat it :lmao:

You're alive! Welcome back. Hope your family is doing well.

Looks like you had a nice relaxing final night and morning. I think I'll have to check out the France bakery, yum!!

The gardens in Canada are from my city! Actually most of Canada is like Victoria, the totems too. I totally take it for granted, but it's an amazing place to live and visit. If you ever go on an Alaska Disney cruise, you definitely need to do a side trip to the island.

Thanks for a great trip report, I hung on til the end I will have a yuengling for you in September! :drinking1

We would love to do an Alaskan cruise someday with DCL. We were just talking about it a couple of weeks ago with my DB and DSIL. DH is really wanting to go on the Fantasy though, so not sure when we'll be able to do Alaska.

Hope you have a wonderful time in September! Too bad we won't be running into each other.

Woo-Hoo, it's a wrap! Great TR, thanks for the Christmas journey!

I am sooo addicted to Candy Crush, I go back and forth between the Dis and CC while I wait for more lives!

Thanks for sticking around!

LOL DH does the same thing with Candy Crush and his video game websites :lmao:

Great TR. I always enjoy reading yours.

DH is obsessed with Candy Crush also. He always has the computer as well. He is so obsessed I find him playing my game on my phone. It is a bad addiction..lol

He his NOT allowed to have my phone for this very reason! It's okay if he has the computer, but take away my phone and i'll go crazy on you :lmao:

Wonderful TR Leshaface. I have read a couple of yours and would love it if you did another one from F&W. We will be there for that but not till the end of October.

Plus, would love to see the growth of your little boy by then.

Have a great summer! :goodvibes

Aw man. Looks like a few of you will be there for F&W, but the dates aren't matching up. Hope you have a great time! I think i'll definitely do a TR since I love food so much. And drinks of course:thumbsup2

Awesome pics! :)

Thank you!

Yes you can use the flight check-in before you leave for the airport as long as your airlines participates! The best part is they take your luggage for you and bring it to the airport! They will also give you your boarding passes. One less thing to worry about! :thumbsup2

We should have done it first thing. Now that I know, i'll be doing this next time. I probably would have saved us some time. Thanks!

It's vacation. If you don't keep eating until you're uncomfortable, then you're not doing it right. :thumbsup2

See! I think you get my point. Coffeecake and then a breakfast croissant. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: You're so right about that!

I think I will be doing a TR for that since i've never been before and I love sharing my experiences with you guys :goodvibes

What a great trip!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill!

I think this is the most important consideration in yiur October TR! We don't care if you drag it out. We enjoy your sense of humor, your tips and of course watching your adorable son grow.

You really made the most of your last hours there. How did AP handle yourr cancellation? Did they charge you the $10 fee or did they waive that since you changed to another signature restaurant? Your appetizer looks so good. I woukd be happy just to go there and eat that!

Where are you staying in October? Did I know about these dates? We leave on the 7th, but our flight isn't until almost 6PM so I think we have until about 2PM until we catch DME. Are you coming down in September while Pam is at DL?

Thanks Alison :goodvibes

I think they waived the fee once I said where I wanted to change it to. She was very nice about it, maybe she was supposed to charge me anyway but didn't? :confused3

Not sure if I posted on your thread where we'll be at. For the first two nights (Oct 6-7), we'll be at AKV Jambo House. Then switching to BLT Lake View Studio. I'm still trying to figure out if we can get in on Saturday to make the DIS dinner. There is no availability for anything at AKV and don't really want to stay at SSR for a few hours if we come in on Saturday. Still working on it :teacher:

If we can't make it, maybe we can do drinks on either Sunday evening or Monday? You'll be at BCV right? Perhaps we can meet up at Epcot or something. I'm sure we'll figure it out. We have a little time.

And yes! I'm still planning on going to DLR to meet up with Pam! That will be fun!

Welcome back :) how was the PA trip?

I understand too well about Candy Crush. I've hit a level that I can't beat and haven't played for weeks, it makes me mad.

You can use the airline check in early, you didn't have to store your bags.

Dinner looked scrumptious. Glad you were able to switch.

Love that seagull, I've wanted to buy it for a while, I should just get it!

Thanks for sharing your adventure :)

Congrats on F & W! Where are you staying? I agree, do a TR if you're up for it. No need to rush :)

Oh my gosh. When we arrived at BWI on Thursday of our PA trip, my phone was getting so many alerts for Tornado warnings in Baltimore?! The weather was insane. Luckily, none of this crazy weather was happening while we were on the plane trying to land. I'll probably post a few pics of our trip on here.

Yay you're back!

Great ending to your great report, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I love the Mine, Mine, Mine stuff, and I bet the hoodie looks adorable on Calvin.

Wow, the meal at Flying Fish looked amazing,

I am definitely going there on y hex trip after seeing those pics!

Hi Monica!

I had so much fun and am so glad we took our then 2 month old son. Totally worth it!

So glad to see you back!!! LOVED the nigh time Epcot fountain photos. You can use the airline check in anytime the day of your flight. We always check in, then check out of our room.

If you husband needs Candy Crush friends, let me know :lmao: It's a sickness

Hi there! Man, wish I would have checked in earlier that day. I know now for our next trip!

Great end, thank you for taking the time to write and finish it for us! :thumbsup2

I am there during your dates, though we fly home October 10th. Very excited for F&W again.

Awesome! I'm so looking forward to it! Where are you staying?

Great trip report! I don't mind it being drug out, that just makes it last longer =) You've got to do a TR for your next trip and you've got to post some new pics of Calvin!

Hi my friend! I think I will do a TR. I mean, I know i'll take sooo many pictures and it would be totally selfish of me to not share with you guys right?! :rotfl2:

I think i'll post a few pictures from our trip to PA a few weeks ago. You'll get your Calvin fix then!:lmao:

Before I reply to everyone, I can't BELIEVE how many of you are addicted to Candy Crush! :lmao: I really didn't expect to see almost everyone on here playing it. As you can see, I finally got my computer back for the night. He's now on level 168. Up from level 150 in under 2 days....obsessed.
My wife got me hooked on it. I'm not very good though. I've been stuck on level 29 for a few days now. I'm about over it. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I look forward to seeing your TR from the upcoming trip. Don't be afraid to send a PM. I'm not always good about checking the TR board to see what new ones are up. :thumbsup2

Just finished reading your trip report. It looks like you had a great time and Calvin is adorable. We are thinking of going in December as well with our 3 month old. It sounds like your whole trip went smoothly...any suggestions you have for us when traveling with a baby? Thanks!

My wife got me hooked on it. I'm not very good though. I've been stuck on level 29 for a few days now. I'm about over it. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I look forward to seeing your TR from the upcoming trip. Don't be afraid to send a PM. I'm not always good about checking the TR board to see what new ones are up. :thumbsup2

I really liked playing it at first. It was every now and then while waiting in line at the store, or at work. And then I got stuck, somewhere around level 40 and I asked him to help. That's where the obsession began and he never looked back :rotfl2:

I'll definitely let you know Andy. If I don't post it here, i'll send PM's to everyone. Hopefully you'll be writing one sooner than later as well.:thumbsup2

ETA: I got a ton of criticism from family and friends about taking him so far away at such a young age. Some made me feel like I was a bad parent. But the first day at WDW, I was so angry at myself for letting these people get into my brain. We had such a great time! When I came back, I made SURE to brag at those particular family members when I saw them at Christmas that I made the best decision and wouldn't have had it any other way.

Just finished reading your trip report. It looks like you had a great time and Calvin is adorable. We are thinking of going in December as well with our 3 month old. It sounds like your whole trip went smoothly...any suggestions you have for us when traveling with a baby? Thanks!

Hi and thanks for reading! I am so happy that I took my DS as young as he was. It was the easiest trip BY FAR and would totally encourage people to take their children as young as possible, as long as they're comfortable with it.

My only real suggestion is to not stress about it. I was nervous within days of our trip. More nervous for the plane flight and him crying and people being upset with us. But once I was on the plane and there were no problems and we landed, I knew everything else would be a piece of cake. I DO wish that I would have worn him more. Especially when it came to loading on the busses. I had my purse, a diaper bag, a stroller and usually some other shopping bags, and everything was distributed through the 3 of us so we each were holding something and usually I would be holding DS along with my purse. If I was wearing him, I would have (and he may have too!) been more comfortable, especially with the bumps and turns.

Hope this helps you and hope you have a fantastic time!

I wanted to share a few pictures from our PA trip June 12-18th. My grandma live in PA and we try to get back there every year/every other year to visit her along with other extended family. This was a very special trip because my grandma was meeting her first great grandson and she has not seen my mom since 1996, so she was doubly excited for both!

Dinner in Marina Del Rey, the night before our flight

It was neat to see DS's reaction on the plane this time. Last time he was just laying there, and now he was able to actually look outside.

I wanted to record video the day we first got to see my grandma so I can get her reaction to seeing my mom again and seeing the baby. Of course, there were tears and disbelief when my mom and grandma hugged, which was amazing to capture on video. And then it was time for her to meet DS. And to sum it up in one emoticon, it looked like this...

:scared1:

He started screaming and crying! :rotfl2: He's never done that with anyone before. She commented it had to be her white hair. He's never around anyone with white hair and I think she was right. So no cute video of that or any pictures of them together that day. But luckily he started warming up to her.

This is my grandma (going to turn 96 next month) and my mom at Cracker Barrel. I'm sure you East Coast folks are sick of it, but we love this place!

And the game that's on the table. And yes, I'm a genius!

DH was quite perturbed that the closest he got was 3 and that I beat him. He played it all through breakfast to try and at least tie with me, but it didn't happen and I was happy. :)

At Wolfgang Candy Company located in York, PA. And since DS couldn't have candy, he found something else to gnaw on.

Out at dinner with our cousin Bill, which is my grandmas nephew

DS loves his great grandma!

This picture is so precious, I wish it wasn't so blurry

My dad would be proud

With Cousin Frank at lunch

And more family at Isaac's Restaurant

:rotfl2: You can barely see me! I'm the one covered with baby gear!

At our cousins pool later that day

cont. in next post

cont. from last post

DB and DS trying to see the lightening bugs

Going to Philadelphia on Sunday

Had lunch at Reading Terminal Market. Wish I got pictures of that place! It was so neat!

We were supposed to go to Longwood Gardens this same day, but then it started to really rain and changed our plans quickly. So instead, we headed to Hershey to check out Chocolate World!

On the Tour

The only candy he'll be eating for a while

Saying goodbye to Grandma.

Before heading to our hotel near BWI, we made a stop at the Inner Harbor.

And had dinner at Rusty Scuppers.

Our flight left early the next morning and we arrived back in CA at 8:30 and made it home close to Noon.

It was such a fun trip and mom was so glad that she got to see my grandma again!

I don't think Calvin could be any cuter! Love the one with cousin Bill where he's showing his little teeth!

That must have have an early flight home.

I'm so glad your mom was able to fly and see your grandma, 17 years in between visits is a long time!

If I wasn't going to see you in September I'd give you a hard time for not letting me know you'd be in Baltimore. That is about 20 minutes away from me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter