• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our First Time At The Polynesian Villa DVC Deluxe Studio

Ddaba1

The magic got to me too...
Hi Everyone:
We are DVC members at the Villas at Grand Floridian since 2014. This year due to a fluke in our schedule we could not book at VGF. So at the last minute we booked a week at the Polynesian Villas DVC. In general we were pleased with the accommodations with a few exceptions. The positives were the size of the deluxe studio (bigger than the ones at VGF), the décor was beautiful and even the hallway decorations and were fantastic. The rest of the resort was also beautiful and the pools were very nice. The cons were basically the service and cleanliness of the room. I found myself wiping surfaces full of dust and other stains which were very easily cleaned if they were paid more attention to by the staff. We found the towel service to be very slow and even to get some paper goods was a struggle. Other than that, the staff was very cordial and professional. I took some pictures and will try to share later. We love Disney and had a great time regardless, but the Poly Villas really needs to step up their game in the areas of service and cleanliness.

I agree. We enjoyed our stay in August but the room was dusty. The rain shower still was also not clean. Mold and a discernible sour odour. I cleaned myself but that should not be necessary at a deluxe (or any) resort.

I agree. We enjoyed our stay in August but the room was dusty. The rain shower still was also not clean. Mold and a discernible sour odour. I cleaned myself but that should not be necessary at a deluxe (or any) resort.

I agree completely! Also, I believe the soot from the Tiki torches outside get into the vents in the rooms. I sleep with an apnea machine and when I returned home and took the filter out to clean it, it was black! That has never happened before and I have travelled all over with that machine. Both my wife and daughter also came back home with severe asthma, last night my daughter had to go to the ER. As much as I liked the theme and decorations of the Poly, I don't see ourselves staying there again.

I am trying to post some pictures but the system won't let me! :furious:

I agree completely! Also, I believe the soot from the Tiki torches outside get into the vents in the rooms. I sleep with an apnea machine and when I returned home and took the filter out to clean it, it was black! That has never happened before and I have travelled all over with that machine. Both my wife and daughter also came back home with severe asthma, last night my daughter had to go to the ER. As much as I liked the theme and decorations of the Poly, I don't see ourselves staying there again.
That's terrible. Dh has severe asthma. He wasn't with me this trip. That would be a dangerous situation for him. As it is, no matter where we stay at WDW, he suffers terribly with his allergies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter