Our First Time as DVC Members

Hello Everyone
We have been coming to WDW for years and finally we purchased a DVC Membership. As we are coming down for the week of 7/21 to 7/28, I was wondering if anyone had any Tips or Suggestions. BWV is our homebase and I am very excited about going.
Again thanks to all and see you at WDW

greg3145

No tips, Just a BIG Welcome Home!

ohiominnie :p

Welcome Home. WE will also be at WDW on the same dates as you. Our home is OKW and we are planning a "minnie" DIS meet at sunset on 7/23 at the main pool at OKW. Please join us if you have the time.

Congratulations and welcome home!! I have to say that it was an awesome feeling the first time we went to OKW (our home resort) as DVC members and everyone "welcomed us home". I don't know if they still do it, but when we were there for our first trip home in 1999, we got a DVC member pin (not a trading type) and wore it on the designated DVC day. It was fun to pick out other members and get noticed as well. Enjoy.

Ssshhh...is it just me, or is there no name on this thread...? :confused:

Nope, no name. And a big black box in the name column on the thread page. Verrrry mysterious! ;)
But in any case, Congratulations & Welcome Home! :sunny:

...but how can that be?? :confused: And how come I'm the only one this curious??

OK...I'll get one (a life). ;)

But....Mystery Guest, will you sign in please?:confused:

Welcome Home!
You may want to try the stradegy boards. They have some great tips

Come and Join us and other DVC memebers at the main pool of OKW on the evening of 7/23 ( You Americans write the date funny) Lots of people are attending and I if I can attend from Scotland ,Ihope you can make it to.

Stevie Kay
Inverness PS What monster,IT'S ONLY THE WIFE.
Scotland;)

I see our mystery guest has a new name.

So, Unknown Comic (Greg)...

<APPLET CODEBASE="http://www.whereitcounts.com/applets" CODE="SpaceFlight.class" WIDTH=350 HEIGHT=125>
<PARAM NAME=fps VALUE=12>
<PARAM NAME=numstars VALUE=100>
<PARAM NAME=text VALUE="Congratulations|Welcome Home!!">
<PARAM NAME=textcolor VALUE="#33ccff|#ff0033">
<PARAM NAME=fontname VALUE="Helvetica">
<PARAM NAME=fontstyle VALUE=3>
</APPLET>

Hi all
I am sorry but this was my first posting and I have to remember to read the fine print. LOL
Any way thanks to all you replied and we will see you all soon.
Greg

We just got back yesterday from BWV and like you just recently joined and this was our first trip as members. Because Epcot is so close we walked there three evenings (twice for the fireworks and snacks and once for a nice dinner at Mexico). After the fireworks we walked back but stopped off at the YBC beach where my wife and I sat in a swing while our kids, 10 and 8, built sandcastles. It was a perfect (and relaxing) way to end the day. One night the kids built castles for well over an hour and the short walk back to BWV was a nice way to end the evening.

The ESPN Club was a fun atmosphere, they had a live trivia game on stage during our dinner and immediately following was game 3 of the NBA Finals.

We also rented the four seater bikes for a trip around the lake. We circled the lake four times in 30 minutes. Be warned that the hills at the bridges can be tough to negotiate, especially on the fourth trip.

Other comments - free use of the health club which had Cybex equipment, free newspapers at the bellhop stand and take advantage of pool hopping to the YBC pool, which was incredible.

Have fun - my wife was less convinced that buying into DVC was a good idea, but it only took a couple days of staying at the BWV to be convinced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter