Our family's don't get it

Hi ChristinaDK!! I have been a Disney lover my whole life and only live 1 1/2 hours by car from Disneyland. I am also a HUGE Denmark fan. Does your family think it's silly to go to Tivoli?? I DREAM of Tivoli to this day and want to go there for Christmas & Halloween holidays. Do they know that Walt Disney created Disneyland after going to Tivoli? It was his inspiration! My whole family loves Disneyland, so I am lucky. My nephew was even conceived at the original Disneyland Hotel !! hahaha :love: :love: Follow your dreams and always enjoy life! That's what Danes do, right?

Hi
Well, They dont go there. And we don't like Tivoli. We prefer the other one call Bakken
Do you want a postcard from Copenhagen next time I come there

We are a couple from Denmark. We are on low income, so we have up to every vacation.
We have a dog.
We have talk about taken the WBTA in 2017 again, and startet to talk with my In-laws about dog sitting. And the answer was:
Why Disney AGAIN? Aren't you to old? Try Thailand next time! It's not normal Christina!
And then I kind of lost it!
Told them that at Disney I can be me. People don't look down at me. I can sing a Disney song when I want. I can dance and enjoy life. I have aspergers, and my "obsession" is Disney.
Your son love Disney as much. Hi is 10 years older than me. Why is am to old?
Then they started talking about other things.
They just don't get it.
Disney is a BIG part of our live.
Other than have families that don't understand?

You need to introduce them to Disboards. They'll see that you can be obsessed with Disney and still be "normal".

Last edited:
Edited by srferson: The piece of the original post that I was responding to was posted in error. I see the original post has been corrected and there is no need to keep the original quote since it does not actually apply to this thread. So basically... Nothing to see here folks. -srferson

:confused3

What thread are you reading, my dear?

This thread is not about mocking DCL. Not even a little.

Last edited:
:confused3

What thread are you reading, my dear?

This thread is not about mocking DCL. Not even a little.

I don't know, its a post from a few months ago. A totally different thread. if you check this thread, its not here..........Someone somehow inserted it here. Srferson since you have it in your post I can only consider the possibility that you inserted it. Please delete it now or I will report it .

AKK

I don't know, its a post from a few months ago. A totally different thread. if you check this thread, its not here..........Someone somehow inserted it here. Srferson since you have it in your post I can only consider the possibility that you inserted it. Please delete it now or I will report it .

AKK

Does/Did anyone else see post #19 in this thread from Tonka's Skipper posted at 8:29 AM?

Does/Did anyone else see post #19 in this thread from Tonka's Skipper posted at 8:29 AM?

I don't know what game your playing, but I asked you to remove the post false #23. My # 19 is still in place as it was his moring.

I have now reported you .

I have nothing else to add.

AKK

I don't know what game your playing, but I asked you to remove the post false #23. My # 19 is still in place as it was his moring.

I have now reported you .

I have nothing else to add.

AKK

whoah whoah whoah. I saw it too and was very curious. The poster did NOT do it b/c it was there before they posted it. That is a shame you reported them without having more information. It was definitely there this morning

Actually Disney Magic and Pixie Dust is the whole product, the superior designed, and built vessels with the classic lines and feel, the art deco and Nuevo deco feel and just enough Disney touches to bring a smile to peoples faces.

A ship crew that is excellent and the best trained and I know that for a fact, because I know all the special training they get on American Maritime schools. Add to that how they have rescued many at sea, including being able to get the rescue boat in the water and save a person who fell off another cruise ship when the other cruise ship could not even get their boat in the water.

Their own special designed terminal and Bus service where the magic begins with videos on what's coming and Disney cartoons.

The excellent service,, yes other lines may have great service, but twisting that into saying its Disney Pixie Dust, doesn't work, Add great food and good family entertainment. The DISNEY characters that bring joy to the kids, young and old. Mickey and Minnie. Things like Animators Pallet MDR, food and mixers events and that is just starters.

One of my thing was we were taken the design of the Magic tour, (which by itself is a great tour) when Belle came around the corner and a young girl on the tour with her MOM, just cried out in joy. Belle spun around, flopped down onto the deck, lifted the girl into lap and calmed her down. She finally told the child that if she was at a door down the passageway at 1830, she could walk with Belle to a greeting session. Mom nodded ok, Belle got up waved good bye and I would bet a week pay that child was at the door at 1830 and had a memory that would last a lifetime.

So although I feel this thread was set up to mock DCL, because almost everyone in the modern world knows Disney and Disney magic and Pixie dust, not only from DCL, but also the Disney parks and many other venues.

I will repeat if DCL is not for you, please find a line your happy with. If you feel DCL cruise are not world the money or your not willing to pay for it........please don't pay it, find another line your happy with and enjoy there product.

However the bottom line is the Disney cruises are special with real Disney Magic and Pixie dust only found on their ships.

What ever happens ..enjoy your trip!

AKK

Here it is still....

frai
whoah whoah whoah. I saw it too and was very curious. The poster did NOT do it b/c it was there before they posted it. That is a shame you reported them without having more information. It was definitely there this morning

Afraid your wrong because at noon the correct post was there when I checked the thead.

KK

frai

Afraid your wrong because at noon the correct post was there when I checked the thead.

KK

LOL, nooooo. It is right there plain as day. You are being very hostile and odd--I have always liked your posts but you are out of line here.

OK..........I made a error.........that part was not supposed to be there. ..........It was a old post. I appolize to both of you. My error

AKK

OK..........I made a error.........that part was not supposed to be there. ..........It was a old post. I appolize to both of you. My error
AKK

Thank you. Your apology is accepted.

I very much liked the rest of your original post. The story about the little girl and Belle is very sweet.

To return to the original topic...

My problem is not with family. My sister is huge into Disney, so she certainly gets it and the parents rock a 'whatever floats your boat' attitude. :-)

I have gotten a couple remarks from co-workers though. Luckily, it's not frequent and it's nothing really rude. But I can tell a couple of them think I've got a screw a little bit loose. Frankly, if it is loose, I see no reason to tighten it! :D

Thank you. Your apology is accepted.

I very much liked the rest of your original post. The story about the little girl and Belle is very sweet.

To return to the original topic...

My problem is not with family. My sister is huge into Disney, so she certainly gets it and the parents rock a 'whatever floats your boat' attitude. :-)

I have gotten a couple remarks from co-workers though. Luckily, it's not frequent and it's nothing really rude. But I can tell a couple of them think I've got a screw a little bit loose. Frankly, if it is loose, I see no reason to tighten it! :D

Thank you for being understanding of a old guy and his messed up computer skills.....I was sloppy and should have read the whole post after I inserted it.

The story with BELLE is true and it happened on the Magic.

I have the same problems with some people I work with on surveys. Some folks don't understand its what Walt was trying to show us adults, that there is no adult in kids, but there is some kids in all us adults.

AKK

I've taken a trip to walt disney world the last two years. I went a few times as a kid, but these were my first as a parent. The first year we decided to go at the last minute. We loved Epcot but weren't as fond of magic kingdom. I got sick and we really weren't prepared for magic kingdom. Because we loved Epcot so much we decided to go back last spring for 5 days and now we are hooked. With two small kids, it's hard to justify going anywhere else... The whole family has fun and to see the delight and wonder in my girls eyes is priceless. When the kids get older, we may try to go to some other places, but I imagine well still want to venture back to disney every few years. My friends don't get it. They can't understand why we would "spend so much money" to go to disney. To each his own. It's your vacation and you have the right to spend however you want. I know the comments can be hard- but you need to do what is best for you and your family

Hi
Well, They dont go there. And we don't like Tivoli. We prefer the other one call Bakken
Do you want a postcard from Copenhagen next time I come there

ChristinaDK: I LOVE BAKKEN!! Went there in 1975 on my 1st trip to DK. My Danish boyfriend took me on the big roller coaster to scare me, but I loved it! Especially the tunnel....I went to my 1st discotheque there too and had my 1st alcohol (I was 18), 1st dance to Abba Dancing Queen. Very fond memories. If I can figure out how to send you a private message I will send you personal info :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter