• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our experience - testing requirements/air travel to U.S.

Does anyone know if you can test after a domestic flight but before your international flight? We are flying from Vancouver-Toronto-orland and the Toronto airport testing options are much less expensive.

Does anyone know if you can test after a domestic flight but before your international flight? We are flying from Vancouver-Toronto-orland and the Toronto airport testing options are much less expensive.
I believe you have to present your test results at the first leg of the trip. If you’re switching airlines in Toronto and it’s 2 separate ‘trips’ I think it would be ok. We were planning to test in Vancouver during our layover from Prince George but because it’s all one trip with WestJet we have to test in Prince George before our first flight.

I believe you have to present your test results at the first leg of the trip. If you’re switching airlines in Toronto and it’s 2 separate ‘trips’ I think it would be ok. We were planning to test in Vancouver during our layover from Prince George but because it’s all one trip with WestJet we have to test in Prince George before our first flight.
Darn, I thought my plan might be too good to be true! Lol

Hmmm Domestically (within Canada) there would be no test needed correct?

However in Toronto you would have to clear US Customs at the airport and would need the CDC form and test for Customs.

That being said though do you want to risk getting a test in Toronto and not having the results in time to clear US customs?

Hmmm Domestically (within Canada) there would be no test needed correct?

However in Toronto you would have to clear US Customs at the airport and would need the CDC form and test for Customs.

That being said though do you want to risk getting a test in Toronto and not having the results in time to clear US customs?
No test needed domestically but if it’s a connecting flight out of Canada testing is required prior to your first leg, even though that flight is domestic.

Hello all

I have just booked appointments at 6230 Bronson Memorial. How would you recommend getting there? Has anyone taken cab/uber/lift? I tried to contact Tony's Transportation but didn't hear back from him. We'll be going from AK - maybe we just rent a car from there? Do we do that through guest services and if so, can we return it to a different park? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks so much. This added Covid part of the vaycay has stressed me out...

Thanks in advance.

Hello all

I have just booked appointments at 6230 Bronson Memorial. How would you recommend getting there? Has anyone taken cab/uber/lift? I tried to contact Tony's Transportation but didn't hear back from him. We'll be going from AK - maybe we just rent a car from there? Do we do that through guest services and if so, can we return it to a different park? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks so much. This added Covid part of the vaycay has stressed me out...

Thanks in advance.
You can't rent a car from the parks. I suggest calling mears taxi. That's what I will be doing.

I've tried looking into the Walgreens website to register for a test. What did you guys put in when they ask for a state id?

Well, looks like I misunderstood the rules for the PCR test getting back into Canada.
Instead of taking the test on the Thursday afternoon of our weekend, we'll be taking it on the Friday morning. I thought we had to have a negative result within 72 of our flight, but was told today it's within 72 hours of our flight landing in Canada...

Well, looks like I misunderstood the rules for the PCR test getting back into Canada.
Instead of taking the test on the Thursday afternoon of our weekend, we'll be taking it on the Friday morning. I thought we had to have a negative result within 72 of our flight, but was told today it's within 72 hours of our flight landing in Canada...

From the Canada.ca site red is my highlighting

When and where to get a negative pre-entry test result

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.
  • If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city
If you're driving, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

From the Canada.ca site red is my highlighting

When and where to get a negative pre-entry test result

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.
  • If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city
If you're driving, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

Thank you! The woman I spoke to was adamant about the 72 hours starting at the ETA into Canada. I'm going to save this link!

Me too. I’m glad my friend pointed it out to me or we’d have showed up at the Prince George airport with no test results!!
Did you ask West Jet? To me it makes sense that you’d have to show results on last leg into US. Although the testing place in YVR is outside security. You’d have to have enough time to go back thru security, do you have to go thru US customs at YVR?

On our return to Canada in Alaska Airlines they didn’t check our test until the Seattle-Vancouver flight. Not the MCO to Seattle leg. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you! The woman I spoke to was adamant about the 72 hours starting at the ETA into Canada. I'm going to save this link!
The key word is “within”. Test doesn’t have to be exactly 72 hrs from flight time departure. Just not over 72 hrs. We did our test returning to Canada 48 hrs before our US connection departure to YVR. At Walgreens. Got results in under an hour.

I wanted to add a quick PSA here for anyone who does the Walgreens test (Rapid ID NOW- NAAT). they will ask at the airline gate and at Canada customs to see the actual lab report; not the negative test result, but the lab report. This is not disclosed on the Canada.ca website. It took a little bit of concentrating during mild panic at the gate last month to find the links within the Walgreens test result email that take to you to the website, where you further click on another link to get a copy of the lab result in PDF format.
Does anyone know if Anaheim City Hall provides the lab report? I’m getting the NAAT done there next week and have only heard about email test results. This is new info that they want to see the lab report, thanks so much for posting this!!

The key word is “within”. Test doesn’t have to be exactly 72 hrs from flight time departure. Just not over 72 hrs. We did our test returning to Canada 48 hrs before our US connection departure to YVR. At Walgreens. Got results in under an hour.

We're going to test at the Anaheim city hall. It sucks that we're only there three days. Our ETA into LAX is 1240pm, so I'm guessing we'll get to the hotel around 230-3 on the Thursday afternoon, then go to city hall for the test approx. 3:30pm. Our flight is scheduled to leave the Sunday at 1:24pm. It would have been super convenient to test at LAX after we arrive, then hop in the hotel transfer and not have to worry about it, but we miss the window by two hours.

I didn’t but a friend of mine flew to Florida last month and that was the rule. It’s no big deal because the YVR testing is the same price as the one we’re having done in PG so I’m happy to just get it done here. If by some slight chance we test positive then at least we’re still home and haven’t flown anywhere yet!
Edited to add-whoops! I quoted the wrong post. I should have quoted the one where you asked if I’d checked with WestJet ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter