Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

Vendor Reviews

8. My Father-in-law: 10/10
My father in law was our officiant. This was another decision we were SO happy with. He really made our ceremony personal and romantic...after all, he knows us. It was so comforting to have a completely familiar face lead us into our wedding vows. It was really perfect for our intimate ceremony and I would highly recommend considering having a trusted family member officiate your ceremony if you can find one. He was thrilled and honored to be apart of our ceremony...we were just as honored that he said yes :flower3:

I've been reading through your PJ/TR the past couple of days and it sounds like you had an incredible wedding! We were thinking about asking an uncle to officiate our wedding- what was the process like for your husband's stepfather? Where did he go online to get ordained? Any tips or advice for this?

I've been reading through your PJ/TR the past couple of days and it sounds like you had an incredible wedding! We were thinking about asking an uncle to officiate our wedding- what was the process like for your husband's stepfather? Where did he go online to get ordained? Any tips or advice for this?

thanks! we were really happy with how everything planned turned out. What a great idea to have your uncle officiate the wedding! I totally recommend it. My FIL was ordained through his church, so I'm not sure if he used any sort of online system during that. HTH!

Congratulations on getting Best Dressed, you guys deserved it. Everything was just gorgeous!!!!! :thumbsup2

I just discovered your PJ -- congratulations on such a beautiful wedding. Your photos are gorgeous!! Some really fun shots for such a fun-looking couple. :goodvibes

I just discovered your PJ -- congratulations on such a beautiful wedding. Your photos are gorgeous!! Some really fun shots for such a fun-looking couple. :goodvibes

Wow thanks! I'm glad people are still reading this :goodvibes

Congratulations on winning best dressed couple, you were my vote ;) certainly very much deserved x

Congratulations on winning best dressed couple, you were my vote ;) certainly very much deserved x

aww thanks Sarah :cutie: We were so happy to be named best dressed, it's an honor because pretty much every Disney couple I've seen has looked ah-may-zing. :goodvibes

WOW your pictures are AMAZING. i can definately see why you won best dressed.
Congratulations on your beautiful wedding xxxx

WOW your pictures are AMAZING. i can definately see why you won best dressed.
Congratulations on your beautiful wedding xxxx

Thank you! Our photographer, Jason Angelini, did a fantastic job and I completely recommend him. :goodvibes Good luck with your wedding planning, I still miss it and it's been almost a year since our wedding! :laughing:

I just discovered your PJ! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congratulations! :)

Thank you Michelle! My PJ/TR gets hidden away with all these new amazing Disney weddings but sometimes it'll pop back up. I appreciate the comments, good luck with your wedding planning :goodvibes

Your wedding looks like it turned out AMAZING! in love with everything about it!!!! My wedding colors will be similar! Bright yellow, black, but the groomsmen and groom will be wearing gray tuxes instead. Def having gerber daisies though! my favorite flower for as long as i can remember!!! I don't plan on having my wedding until October 2012 at the Wedding Pavillion, but could you give me a timeline on when you did everything... and anything you did beforeeee your date was confirmed? Did you get in touch with disney prior to that or anything? I have no idea what to do to even get the ball rolling!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Your wedding looks like it turned out AMAZING! in love with everything about it!!!! My wedding colors will be similar! Bright yellow, black, but the groomsmen and groom will be wearing gray tuxes instead. Def having gerber daisies though! my favorite flower for as long as i can remember!!! I don't plan on having my wedding until October 2012 at the Wedding Pavillion, but could you give me a timeline on when you did everything... and anything you did beforeeee your date was confirmed? Did you get in touch with disney prior to that or anything? I have no idea what to do to even get the ball rolling!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you so much!! That's awesome that your colors are yellow and black! :thumbsup2 I think these colors turn up so well in photographs. And I absolutely loved our gerber daisies - I think they turned out lovely in all the bouquets and bouts so I know yours will look amazing!

Since we were engaged in October and married in June the very next year, we only had 8 months to plan the wedding. It was great though because we didn't have to wait long to confirm the date with Disney. But we did have a couple weeks before we could confirm so we spent that time figuring out what we wanted to do about our reception dinner! We wanted to reserve a restaurant as soon as possible and we knew we wanted an Escape wedding, but weren't sure if we wanted to organize the reception dinner ourselves through a restaurant, or through Disney. Basically it came down to whether we wanted a private venue for our reception, which would require us to go through Disney. But we decided that we didn't need to rent out a private venue and we were very happy with our choice to have our dinner at Citricos!!

Other than that, after we confirmed our venue and date with Disney, we made a list and started checking things off. We reserved a large party reservation with Citricos and Mizner's Lounge (for our cocktail hour), then worked on our save the dates and invitations. We also made a decision on whether or not to have a dessert party, since we would have to also made those reservations. We didn't end up having one, but it's something to put on the list if you are thinking about it!

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help! :goodvibes

Hi Wendy,

I just wanted to let you know that I read through your whole PJ/TR today! It's so amazing! Your pictures are fabulous, you look beautiful and everything looked like it was so much fun and went down flawlessly! Thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes I wanted to tell you that what I love most was that it was an Escape wedding, you've shown people just how fabulous Escape weddings can be and just how much fun. I think some people feel they have to sacrifice cocktail hours and receptions and things unless they go for Wishes, but you've proved the opposite :flower3:

I hope your marriage is as wonderful today as it started then and I hope you get to go back to Disney this year again for your 2nd anniversary ;)

Hi Wendy,

I just wanted to let you know that I read through your whole PJ/TR today! It's so amazing! Your pictures are fabulous, you look beautiful and everything looked like it was so much fun and went down flawlessly! Thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes I wanted to tell you that what I love most was that it was an Escape wedding, you've shown people just how fabulous Escape weddings can be and just how much fun. I think some people feel they have to sacrifice cocktail hours and receptions and things unless they go for Wishes, but you've proved the opposite :flower3:

I hope your marriage is as wonderful today as it started then and I hope you get to go back to Disney this year again for your 2nd anniversary ;)

Thank you SO much Solar!! I think it's amazing that you took the time to read our wedding story almost 2 years after the fact. And after nearly 2 years, I wouldn't change one thing about our day. Escape weddings can be absolutely fabulous, and I'm glad you saw that from our wedding. We didn't feel that we had to sacrifice anything and in the end, we had a memorable and perfect day :goodvibes

Thanks again for reading :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter