Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

Wendy you look beautiful! I can't wait to see the pro pics!

Thank you for posting your wedding announcements! I'm designing my invites now and I've been agonizing over the wording for the past couple of days. Yours are perfect! I also wanted to send mine from Florida but was worried about the timing. But it looks like we will have a similar amount of time as you, so we should be ok!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes No problem. I was worried about the timing as well but we realized that it was already going around by word of mouth anyway so it wasn't a big deal. Most of our friends/family have already received their invite. Plus we didn't want to wait longer than a month for our reception because we wanted to celebrate with our friends/family now present at the wedding as quickly as time and planning could allow.

I am so happy for you that everything went so well! It's so great to hear how wonderful the staff at Citrico's was to your party. I'm sure your family and friends were excited to receive your announcements/invites from Orlando. It just makes it a little more special in my opinion! Sorry about the Monsoon! Don't you just love Florida? Clear blue sky one minute, rain the next, and blue sky again all in a matter of 15 minutes. Atleast you were inside and rain on your wedding day is good luck! So with all those raindrops I think you and Eric are set for many happy years together! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see more pics and to see some of you rockin' your Badgley Mischka's! :cutie:

you look beautiful - congrats!!! your dress looks amazing!!! thank you so much for sharing your thoughts - i think you already know how helpful and reassuring peoples experiences and opinions are.

best wishes to you both!! :)

Oh my goodness Wendy you looked beautiful! Your bouquet turned out so amazing(mine is the exact same in bright pink so it was very helpful for me)! :goodvibes I cannot WAIT to read more! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! :cool1:

Oh and that monsoon was intense! Believe it or not there was a couple getting married at SBP at the same time as you and they were stuck out there under the gazebo in the middle of their ceremony! :scared1:

I love those drink cards, what a great idea. And I really like the wedding announcements / invites too.

We'll definitely have to look into Mizner's. DF doesn't think we need a welcome party, but I feel bad not doing anything. Especially since I don't really want to be bothered with welcome bags - and it makes me feel better that you don't think they were worth the effort. I think he'll agree though because he loves Mizner's and it seems perfect, even if people don't come, DF won't mind spending some time there.

Can't wait to hear more about your day!

Your TR is fantastic so far! Your reviews and glad I did/didn't were very detailed and honest - a great help for future brides. Your writing really captures how amazing your day must have been, it is so great to hear that your day went so well!

I am so happy for you that everything went so well! It's so great to hear how wonderful the staff at Citrico's was to your party. I'm sure your family and friends were excited to receive your announcements/invites from Orlando. It just makes it a little more special in my opinion! Sorry about the Monsoon! Don't you just love Florida? Clear blue sky one minute, rain the next, and blue sky again all in a matter of 15 minutes. Atleast you were inside and rain on your wedding day is good luck! So with all those raindrops I think you and Eric are set for many happy years together! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see more pics and to see some of you rockin' your Badgley Mischka's! :cutie:

Thank you! :cutie: I do think the post mark makes it a little more special, too. I know not everyone will notice it, but I hope those who do will think it's cool! The weather was exactly how you predicted it. It was GORGEOUS outside when everyone went to the WP. But once I was going there, the rain started and then the monsoon hit toward the end of the ceremony. Oh well! It cleared up and looked gorgeous again and hopefully we got a cool umbrella/rain shot with our photog :laughing: Someone told us that rain on your wedding day also means many kids in the future. ahh! :scared1::rotfl: I can't wait to see my BM's either. Jason took them outside when we were getting ready so I'm sure he was doing something cool with them!!

YEAH IT STARTED!!! :yay::yay::yay:

:cool1::yay::woohoo::thumbsup2

Woohoo! I hope my experiences can help other brides!!

you look beautiful - congrats!!! your dress looks amazing!!! thank you so much for sharing your thoughts - i think you already know how helpful and reassuring peoples experiences and opinions are.

best wishes to you both!! :)

Thank you so much. I totally agree. I am trying to give everyone a really thorough opinion and review of our experiences. I know how important those are so I hope it helps someone!

Oh my goodness Wendy you looked beautiful! Your bouquet turned out so amazing(mine is the exact same in bright pink so it was very helpful for me)! :goodvibes I cannot WAIT to read more! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! :cool1:

Oh and that monsoon was intense! Believe it or not there was a couple getting married at SBP at the same time as you and they were stuck out there under the gazebo in the middle of their ceremony! :scared1:

Thanks Karen!! I really did love my bouquet, it just wasn't what I thought it would be, ya know? But it really photographed lovely, so I think Rosie knew that would be better...so in the end it all worked out!! I can't believe there was a couple at SBP during that rain! :scared1: I mean, we had to move our cake cutting from Commander's Terrace because it was falling sideways. I hope their ceremony went well!

I love those drink cards, what a great idea. And I really like the wedding announcements / invites too.

We'll definitely have to look into Mizner's. DF doesn't think we need a welcome party, but I feel bad not doing anything. Especially since I don't really want to be bothered with welcome bags - and it makes me feel better that you don't think they were worth the effort. I think he'll agree though because he loves Mizner's and it seems perfect, even if people don't come, DF won't mind spending some time there.

Can't wait to hear more about your day!

Thanks! The drink cards were the size of a business card, so they were pretty easy for our guests to carry around. I think Mizner's is perfect for a get together. There's lots of room and I'm sure at least your DF will enjoy it :banana: Welcome bags were kind of a hassle, that's for sure!

Your TR is fantastic so far! Your reviews and glad I did/didn't were very detailed and honest - a great help for future brides. Your writing really captures how amazing your day must have been, it is so great to hear that your day went so well!

Thanks for reading along! I will try to update the day by day stuff soon but I really want to start with our pro photos :cutie:

Weedee your pics look beautiful! Love the flowers, and your headband. I also had the amazing Kathleen Reynolds, i loved her! And citricos is AMAZING! my mouth is watering just thinking about the food there, haha.

I'm so glad you're back and that everything went well! Your glad I did/wish I didn't was really helpful.

Weedee your pics look beautiful! Love the flowers, and your headband. I also had the amazing Kathleen Reynolds, i loved her! And citricos is AMAZING! my mouth is watering just thinking about the food there, haha.

Thank you!! yay for another Kathleen bride! She was really great. I know, I wish I could eat Citricos' desserts again...omg they were to die for! :cutie:

I'm so glad you're back and that everything went well! Your glad I did/wish I didn't was really helpful.

Thanks! I'm glad I could help out :banana:

On a different note...Jason is going to have sneak peaks on his blog THIS WEEK!!!! His lovely wife already posted one on Facebook but I'm anxiously awaiting others before I add them here. But I LOVE the one she posted! Eeeeekk can't wait! :woohoo::yay::banana:

Wendy, your photos are incredible. I can't wait to see the professional ones! I am so glad everything turned out to be more than you imagined. Your vendor reviews are SO helpful and now I'm rethinking having our rehersal at Ohana's. I can't wait to see more!

Wendy, your photos are incredible. I can't wait to see the professional ones! I am so glad everything turned out to be more than you imagined. Your vendor reviews are SO helpful and now I'm rethinking having our rehersal at Ohana's. I can't wait to see more!

Thank you! Honestly if you have a large party for your rehearsal...I would first try to contact Ohanas. If you can't get them on the phone (like we couldn't for the entire time), I might rethink it as well. They treated us like every day customers when they knew it was our wedding's Welcome Dinner. After our wonderful experience with Citricos...I wouldn't deal with that again! :confused3

Great reviews and your "Glad I did"/"Wish I didn't". Very helpful.:thumbsup2

Oh man - those are absolutely stunning! Wow...love the colors, the boutinier (sp?) is amazing, and the ceremony pics are so great - you guys truly looked like you were having fun. Congrats!

I've been following your journal for a while now and you have been really inspirational to me as we are planning an Escape wedding for next November at the WP with a reception in Citricos. Your photos are AMAZING and you look really beautiful. I hope my wedding day is as lovely as yours was. Congratulations to you both x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter