Our Dining Review - With Dining Plan - April 2-7

:thumbsup2

This is my first "real" post here, other then on the welcome page.

I am so loving your reviews.

We are most likely going to Disney in Sept., we're making the final decision here in the next few days.

With kids ages 9. 6. and 2 we were wondering how we'd do with the dining plan (considering it's being offered for free the week we're interested in) AND how much we'd still have to spend out of pocket. You're reviews are helping alot.

I have a feeling I'm going to become addicted to this site reading up reviews on all the restaurants and such before we make our trip!

Thanks for the reviews! I agree with you 100% about the maple creme brulee from LeCellier, it was the best!!!

Great reviews! Your comparisons of cost made it much easier to see the savings. I was debating on getting the dining plan for our trip in June, but after reading you review, and seeing you are not really limited on menu items, I'm going to do it. Thanks again for a very comprehensive and informative review.

:cool1: Can't wait to hear your final review. I was so happy to hear your review from Le Cellier. We've never eaten there and I've planned it for our trip over Halloween. My two DS have been a little reluctant as they like a bigger selection of steak (like a porterhouse) but I really wanted to try some place we've never been and this sounded great. We almost ate there last year but didn't have the DDP and thought it was a little $$. This time we will be on the DDP so I'm really looking forward to eating here. Sounds like you enjoyed it.

I love your reviews too!!! :sunny: Maple Creme Brulee was really awesome. After having it at LeCellier last summer, I ordered it somewhere else and it just wasn't as good. It's good you are doing the dining reviews - I can hardly remember a lot of what we ordered last year!

Anna

DAY SIX
Our last day. :sad1: To start the day we assess our food credit situation. We have no table service credits left, but we have five counter service and seven snack credits remaining. We were in AK today, still determined to ride EE before our WDW visit was over. We had breakfast in the villa.

Tusker House Since we had eaten lunch at FTB earlier in the week, we decided to eat at Tusker House about 1.30pm after DS and DH had finally managed to ride EE! As usual DD was not hungry, but the rest of us were starving. DH and DS had the fried chicken sandwich and fries. DS liked it but DH said he would rather have had the rotisserie chicken and mashed poratoes after he saw how good it looked on someone else's plate! :rotfl2: I had the salmon and rice and it was delicious. Again, there were three desserts available so we got one of each, DH had the carrot cake, DS had chocolate cake and I had the cheesecake. The carrot cake and the chocolate cake were moist and tasty, but I felt the cheesecake was a bit ho hum. DD ate a little of everything as usual. We had diet cokes to drink. Total cost of the meal was $40.72, 3 cs credits used.

We used four snack credits during the morning on three ice cream bars :mickeybar and a bottle of water - $10. As we were leaving the park we used our three remaining snack credits for two bottles of water and a bottle of diet coke to take with us in the car after checkout. These cost $6. Total cost of snacks today was $16.

We still had two counter service credits left, and we definitely weren't hungry so we decided to visit the Boardwalk Bakery to see what we could get to take back to the beach with us. We were told we could get one sandwich, one bakery item and one drink for each cs credit. We decided on a ham & cheese sandwich with a brownie and a bottle of water, and a roast beef sandwich with a chocolate croissant and another bottle of water. The cost of this was $21.48, using the last of our cs credits. We took the food back to the beach with us and ate it in the condo later that evening. The brownie and chocolate croissant were delicious. :love:

Total cost of food today - $78.20.

The total cost of the dining plan for us was $624.80 - 3 adults and 1 child for five nights. The cost of the food we ate was $932.29, a difference in our favour of $307.49! :cool1:

We also spent $60.14 oop on meals for DD, primarily to make our credits last six days rather than five.

We would definitely do the dining plan again, although we would probably do more non-buffet restaurants next time. It was great value and meant we could eat at places we hadn't visited before, eg, Le Cellier, Tangerine Cafe, without worrying about cost. We ate a lot of cs desserts which we wouldn't have done if we had been paying oop all the time. I don't think we've ever eaten dessert with a cs meal before! We'll definitely go to 1900 Park Fare and Le Cellier again, but will probably give CP breakfast, H&V and possibly the Garden Grill dinner a miss, mainly because we've eaten at these places many times now and it's good to try something different!

I'm glad so many people have read my report and found it helpful, if there are any other questions you want to ask about anything at all, please feel free! :wave2:

Great reviews, good job! You have really helped me; we are decided whether or not to use the dining plan on our trip in october, it is very tempting! We would try more restaurants in Disney if we were on the plan instead of eating in Orlando.

I really enjoyed your dining reviews! Can you tell me which princesses were at PSB breakfast in Norway. We have and ADR here and if it is the classic boring princesses we will switch to Dinner as we are already eating at CRT with Cinderella, Snow White ect. DD loves Jasmine, Mulan, Aerial & Aurora. Alos she loves Mary Poppins since she has been watching that movie nonstop lately. Thanks in advance

We were at the PSB on April 5th. Belle was in the lobby for photographs wearing her yellow dress. The other princesses in the restaurant were Snow White, Jasmine, Mulan and Mary Poppins. The food was good and the princesses took time to post for pictures and talk to DD5.

Have a great time! :sunny:

DD will be thrilled with Jasmine & Mulan! We have and ADR for breakfast on September 5th. We wanted Dinner but don't think we are adventurous enough for some of the food. Thanks :goodvibes

Thanks so much for your great detailed reviews!! I can't wait to share our Sept. Dining Plan reviews w/ everyone. :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Thank you so much for the information! We are on the dining plan for the first time in December, and your information really helps planning. :cool1:

Hi-- just wanted to add we did Princess Storybook this week.. our breakfast princesses were Belle (at the door) Mulan, Jasmine, Aurora and Snow White. This was the favorite character meal of our DD4 (she loves Mulan). DH loved the food at this one too..

Just a small warning.. we waited 45 minutes (only 25 over our check in time) but I didn't realize that the waiting area was outdoors. For me, (being fairskinned) I would just die in August out there in the hot. I also would have done the sunscreen early-- just an fyi.

have a great trip!
jen :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter