"OUR BIG, FAT DISNEYLAND ROADTRIP" The End 4/20 pg. 44 Better Than Cats...

UMA Said: DD2, Norah...She was our "surprise" baby and is a wonderful handful. She knows how to "work it" with tantrums and the puss-in-boots face from Shrek II. She's got her daddy wrapped around her itty bitty finger. I'm on to her. We've been practicing playing "kitty" with her new harness LEASH device to keep her from running off. So far it's great fun meowing at strangers as we navigate Walmart.

I CANNOT believe you put your child on a leash! What kind of Mom are you anyway?

:rotfl:

You should attach her to one of those retractable ones. She can take a running start and then you press that little button and she'll come to a screaching halt. ;)

My 2 year old has his own retractable "leash". I accidently let go of his hand for a second, he takes off like an olympic sprinter and I run after him and grab his collar. I think a leash would be a good thing for him. I just hate the "looks" from Mothers better than I. You know? The ones with 1 child, designer clothes, manicured hands(and feet) and a nanny? I mean, how could I ever compare with that? ;)

5 days!! I cannot wait to read about your trip - fell in love with your last TR. . . . sad it's over, so I'm happy there is a new one starting!

I'm wishing you a safe and hapy trip!

Wow Wendy end of page 2 already, I'm jumping on here quick as I missed your last TR as it was just soooooo long, you must be so popular. :thumbsup2

Coming out of lurkdom to cheer!!! :cheer2: Another Utahmama trip report is soon to be here!!! Yippee! You are so much more than nice! Don't forget funny, and a GREAT author! Have a WONDERFUL :wizard: trip! As you can see the peeps are waiting eagerly to hear about it!

Kelly

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I haven't been to DL in years. It was before California Adventure was a glimmer in the Imagineers' eyes.

I hope you survive the ten hour ride. If it gets boring, just play the "What is my son cooking at home right now?" road game. Remember: No microwave. Here are a few to get you started:

1) Hot dogs on a stick over the burner on your gas stove

2) Grilled Cheese sandwiches - electric iron set on High - No steam

3) Pan-fried granola bars made with Flax Seed Pillow stuffing

4) Reheated 5 for $5.00 Arby Sandwiches using the "Cottons/High Heat setting on your dryer.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I'm jumping on this baby now. Last time I didn't find it until the end!

Kudos to you for trusting your son home alone. While mine are still kind of small (8 and 5), I'm dreading that day!

We drove the Disney World from Michigan in Sept. My dh who I love dearly decided we should take the car instead of the full sized van. If I can live through it you'll do just fine!

Great start, can't wait for more!

I Can Hardly Stand The Suspense!

You are a bold one! 10 hours is about as long as I can stand riding in the car. Actually, one time I rode 12 hours with my BIL and SIL while 5 months pregnant . On the way home, I insisted that we break it into two 6 hour days.

I am sure your son will be fine - that microwave thing was a fluke, I'm sure!

So how is the packing coming along? Have fun!

I am looking forward to when you get back and get busy on the TR! Not to rush your trip or anything, but you TR's are great ... you have multiple now so yes it's TR's!

DH grew up in the Anaheim area, when he took me to DL for my first time in 2004 we did the "drive around and check out the places where he lived" thing too. It was a lot of fun and interesting. We too were the weirdo's snapping pics of houses/apts that he once lived in. :laughing: One of the houses he lived in he could see the Matterhorn from his kitchen window! Another good thing is he already knew where most everything was so no maps to frequently check :goodvibes

We still have a couple months before we get to go, so I am waiting patiently. NOT!!!;) So in the mean time I will live vicariously through you ... :hippie:

Have a great trip and here's some pixie dust for you and you and you .... pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I CANNOT believe you put your child on a leash! What kind of Mom are you anyway?

:rotfl:

You should attach her to one of those retractable ones. She can take a running start and then you press that little button and she'll come to a screaching halt. ;)

My 2 year old has his own retractable "leash". I accidently let go of his hand for a second, he takes off like an olympic sprinter and I run after him and grab his collar. I think a leash would be a good thing for him. I just hate the "looks" from Mothers better than I. You know? The ones with 1 child, designer clothes, manicured hands(and feet) and a nanny? I mean, how could I ever compare with that? ;)

I dare you to have 4 harnesses and lead them down Main Street. I LOVE the looks from those manicured ladies! And the "Tsk-Tsking" old ladies.

You'd fit in perfectly with 4 kids under 6 and pregnant in Utah....maybe #5 will be your girl? What a princess she'd be.

I think I totally will attach her stylish safety harness (LEASH) to a retractable lead. Oh, the visual on that cracks me up!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I haven't been to DL in years. It was before California Adventure was a glimmer in the Imagineers' eyes.

I hope you survive the ten hour ride. If it gets boring, just play the "What is my son cooking at home right now?" road game. Remember: No microwave. Here are a few to get you started:

1) Hot dogs on a stick over the burner on your gas stove

2) Grilled Cheese sandwiches - electric iron set on High - No steam

3) Pan-fried granola bars made with Flax Seed Pillow stuffing

4) Reheated 5 for $5.00 Arby Sandwiches using the "Cottons/High Heat setting on your dryer.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! :thumbsup2

Thank You! How comforting! I'm picturing Risky Business II, staring my son!

I am looking forward to when you get back and get busy on the TR! Not to rush your trip or anything, but you TR's are great ... you have multiple now so yes it's TR's!

DH grew up in the Anaheim area, when he took me to DL for my first time in 2004 we did the "drive around and check out the places where he lived" thing too. It was a lot of fun and interesting. We too were the weirdo's snapping pics of houses/apts that he once lived in. :laughing: One of the houses he lived in he could see the Matterhorn from his kitchen window! Another good thing is he already knew where most everything was so no maps to frequently check :goodvibes

We still have a couple months before we get to go, so I am waiting patiently. NOT!!!;) So in the mean time I will live vicariously through you ... :hippie:

Have a great trip and here's some pixie dust for you and you and you .... pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Yay! Thanks! I cant wait to see my old house. On the satallite picture on Google, it totally looks different! I cant go see my old High School because they tore it down and made a Toys R. Us strip mall in it's place! :laughing:

Thanks for the pixie dust! I'm going to need a whole-lotta it!!!!

Yiipppeee!! UM is headed for Disney, I wonder if the park has any idea what they are in for!!!

Have a great time, daring leaving a teen at home! Birthday buttons rock this family! Dh wnated to swoop in as all the hot chicky CM were well wishing DS what a riot! DS had to hide it under the pillow it was amusing!

Are you taking a focker with you??

Oh and can you PM the ebayer you bought from, I am a bit skiddish for fear of not getting a "right" pin if you know what I mean!

Can't wait to hear more.....will live vicarously through you till my trip iin April!

I PM'd you her name. Yes! I am taking the Focker Croc to take on our adventure! I have Flora and I pass her off to DLMama when I'm done with her. It's going to be GREAT fun!!!!!!

Hurray for Riley-that's a great b-day. George Harrison of the Beatles, Renoir, Jackie Gleason, Dwheatl, and now Riley. When I told DCA that it was my birthday, I got the Goofy phone call and a pack of freshly made tortillas! Work that button!

Glad to see I'm not the only mama to use the leash at DL. I liked being able to let the kids burn off a little energy without jumping into the Rivers of America or climbing the Martian mountains at the entrance to Tomorrowland.:rotfl:

Looking forward to your actual trip (I guess I better finish my TR, huh?).

I'm caught up on yours, so I'll wait!
The child needs the leash! She'll go crazy cooped up in her stroller the whole time! I just hope I dont yank her too hard....:rolleyes1

Uma, great to see you have started your trippie. Can't wait to read when it's done!

I was wondering why this page looks so different, just figured out it must be the Disneyland board (the Disneyland links at the top are a clue !)

You sure will be missed around the Dis when you are gone, though...
I Love the DL boards! The TR's and planning are more small and personable than the HUGE WDW boards. I love them both now. Their just different. At the top of the page is a dining sticky with lots of pics from Blue Bayou. Cant wait to spend a fortune on a wedge of iceburg lettuce! Uh oh, my rednekkidness is showing again!

I had to laugh at your practice runs at Wally world. That is too funny!
Have a terrific time.
We still have two months to go so reading your report will help pass the time!

Thank You! Yes, and around the neighborhood. I wouldn't want to deprive my neighbors of the sight of Norah on a leash, meowing!

Oh boy! The Utahans hit California! Looking forward to reading all about the "10 hour drive". I'll be sure to cover my monitor with plastic wrap and wear Depends undergarments!:thumbsup2
Did you know they still have the Electric Light Parade at DCA? I think it runs nightly... have to check my Disneyland Dashboard for ya!:goodvibes
WHAT's THIS YOU SAY??? For Rizzle?? :love: Are you ready for Flora Focker Crocker??? I have to give her to you on the 26th...ok? Hope she's ok!

popcorn::
Patiently waiting for the paint chip countdown to hit zero~~

well, then of course we have to wait for you to have the adventure!! ;)

You're so much more than nice!!!

:wizard:

Take lots and lots of pictures please!!!

We WILL! And our posted videos will be clear and not grainy...that was not good. We got a new camera to replace the one that was dumped off the canopy of the stroller last trip. Thanks Sandy!!!!(Put DOWN that popcorn!!!)

WENDY!!!! Five more days!!! Are you SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited??

Sorry about the microwave. :sad2: Anxious to see how Jordan does "home alone". I guess his girlfriend's trip sealed the deal, heh? :laughing:

Here's hoping you don't need the duct tape! (Take it just in case.)

Love the first installment and can't wait to hear more when you return!

Oh, I yam taking the duct ("duck" in Utah) tape just in case!!!
Jordan's GF was the deal sealer, how could you tell????

Yeah, another UM trippie!! Cant wait for more. I am slightly jealous of your trip, but I will be happy for you :) We moved from CA about 3 yrs ago...we lived 30 min from DL and I miss it.

Thank You! I miss California aLOT. Especially Newport Beach. Thanks for reading dancey!!!!!

I didn't read it but I didn't want you to think I didn't care.

Wheat Thins

er, thanks dubya-tee! I KNOW you read it! I bolded a sentence of interest just for YOU! :rotfl2: Really, it was to make my DH laugh, which he did. I do stuff just to embarrass him. It's my sick hobby. I Know you care :rolleyes:

I know y'all are going to have a great time! I can't imagine doing anything with the UTM clan that isn't fun. We'll miss our threadmama while you're gone.

awwww! That is so sweet. I always miss my friends when they go too.

And so it begins!

FYI...Mr.Toad is up and running for our trip! It was going to be down for refurb, but it got pushed back to March! So we can ride our hearts out :goodvibes .

Hey! My new DL board friend!! Glad you came!
SHUT UP! (I mean that in a good way.;) ) I haven't gone on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in ages. I just remember I love it and it's LOUD.. I'll have to keep an eye out for Alien Green Mickey Head Paint Chips...do you do that??? My stroller will have a few on it too.

Yay! So do the disneyland people do the agmhpc from hd? Do you have treat bags ready for disers you might meet?
I don't know how it works on the west coast!!
Nope, I'm dieting. Cant give special treat this time. I'll give them their pick of my children to watch all day, how's that?

10 hours is nothin! When we drove to disneyland it was a 20 hour trip in a mini van with 4 kids, dh, and mother inlaw. Yes, 7 people in a minivan.................and I wonder why I'm crazy. :lmao: I'm excited to read all about your trip!

:eek: You did that sober too? I'm thinking I'm ready for the drive. Ready as I'll ever be!

Snacks only for the good ones :rotfl2: Well that should keep you on your diet then because I know how bad you can be.....:lmao:

Please takes lots of pictures. I have never been.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok! I'll take tons of pictures. It's fun to see the differences between California and Florida. There's alot of differences.

Glad to see you are back :banana: :banana: :banana: . Yours was the first "epic" TR I read, and it caused a serious addiction to the disboards. You get the honor of another first - your DL TR will be the first I read with my husband (I had to make a homemade lasagna to make this happen). He's actually the one typing (it's really hard to write a reply when you aren't the one typing). This one better be as good as the last to keep him interested because I'm not making homemade lasagna every nite.

Just so everyone knows what a geek my husband is:
1. He would only participate if he got to type.
2. I received a 10 minute lecture on internet privacy and not falling for internet scams :rolleyes:
3. I now know who owns and operates the disboards because he looked it up.

I was done -- but he expressed concern that yall would be offended by his comments. I assured him yall were made of stronger stuff than that.

Just to give you a better look into his psyche, these were the icons he thought were cool
:happytv: :rockband: party:

The 26th is my 13th wedding anniv. Have a great trip.
Pigget! Isn't that the diamond anniversary? 13 is a luck number, ya know. I learned that on the Tower of Terror. Thank You!!!!!!!

I'm IN. From the beginning this time! If you can call page 2 the BEGINNING!

I want to be on a diet too. Well, no, I don't. That's the problem. I want to WANT to be on a diet. Instead of being really really good at being OFF a diet. And eating everything in sight. sigh.
Great You'll fit right in!!!! There's SOOOO much support on the WISH thread! Trust me, alot of people feel the same way you do....come lurk! Hope you join so you can be a Skinny Minnie too! (She's our mascot)

Hello Mama!

I am here and I cant wait to read about your adventures in DL. We loved the original Soarin and the rollercoaster at Calif. Adventure. We also loved the Alladin program there. Not sure if they still have it, but it was the first thing my kids did at any Disney Park.

So, I will wait....popcorn:: and wait :hourglass and wait :surfweb: for you to write this report. Maybe you will finish it before we are both 40.:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Love ya, Bee

Bee, put down the POPCORN!!! Eat carrots, LOL! (YUMMM! ;) )
I love California Screamin! It's so smooth! Also cant wait to do the Red Hot Chili Peppers version of Space Mountain!!!! Luckily, this trip is really only 3 days of Disney and 2 days of driving....how long can it be????:confused3
Aladin sounds great! Haven't researched if it's still going on....

Hey there, Nice, nice, nice bad girl !!! (I thought I was the only one that people called that, since my horns hold up my halo)

I'm onboard for this one, too Mama and can't wait to read more.

I am working on pretrippie myself but don't want to post it too early, kwim? I think you're the only one that can pull off a PTR 42 days out :rotfl:

I can't wait to read about Disneyland since the last time I was there I was 2 and would love to go again.
YAYYYYYY! So glad you came!!!!!!!! DONT post too early! UGH! 42 days was ridiculous of me. I loved it though!

Uma, I second Bee on seeing the Alladin show. Loved it! Get there earlyish, though, so you can be in the lower section. We were WAY up at the top of the theater and wished we were closer to the stage.

Even though some of the "E-Ticket" rides will be closed, at least the castle won't have a big blue magic-spoiling tarp on it like it had when I went a few years ago :sad2:

I'm looking forward to your trip report. Maybe I can keep up this time ;)

Glad there wont be a tarp! I hate that! Well the tarp is better than the cake decorations! We will totally miss Splash Mtn. Ha ha, I have a pin with an e-ticket on it! OK, if Aladin is still going on, I will go see it! I love those shows!

5 days!! I cannot wait to read about your trip - fell in love with your last TR. . . . sad it's over, so I'm happy there is a new one starting!

I'm wishing you a safe and happy trip!
THANK YOU!!!! You are so sweet!!! I appreciate you reading! Hope you stay!

Wow Wendy end of page 2 already, I'm jumping on here quick as I missed your last TR as it was just soooooo long, you must be so popular. :thumbsup2

Not popular, just lucky, I s'pose! The last one was tooooo loooooong because I didn't want it to end. The only way I could end it was to start planning another trip! Love Ya Jo!!!!
Coming out of lurkdom to cheer!!! :cheer2: Another Utahmama trip report is soon to be here!!! Yippee! You are so much more than nice! Don't forget funny, and a GREAT author! Have a WONDERFUL :wizard: trip! As you can see the peeps are waiting eagerly to hear about it!

Kelly
Lurker Peep!!! How are ya???? I love those Peeps!!!! Thanks Kelly! :hug:

Oh, I'm jumping on this baby now. Last time I didn't find it until the end!

Kudos to you for trusting your son home alone. While mine are still kind of small (8 and 5), I'm dreading that day!

We drove the Disney World from Michigan in Sept. My dh who I love dearly decided we should take the car instead of the full sized van. If I can live through it you'll do just fine!

Great start, can't wait for more!
Thank You. I need HOPE! A Car IS cheaper to drive, but still! Our Suburban is a gas hog, but it's worth the comfort of our familiar vehicle. We almost rented but instead are using the money we would have used for the rental to get AP's...It's my fuzzy Disney Math again. :rolleyes1 Makes perfect sense to me!

I Can Hardly Stand The Suspense!

You are a bold one! 10 hours is about as long as I can stand riding in the car. Actually, one time I rode 12 hours with my BIL and SIL while 5 months pregnant . On the way home, I insisted that we break it into two 6 hour days.

I am sure your son will be fine - that microwave thing was a fluke, I'm sure!

So how is the packing coming along? Have fun!
We are mostly packed but tend to keep eating our provisions :-)rotfl2: ) so the 5 bags of Walmart junk food and 2 cases of diet Pepsi are LOCKED in DH's car's trunk. I keep thinking of things we cant live without. Like umbrellas so I can be one of those annoying folks in a crowd with an umbrella. And my Glide stick for thigh chaffing and foot blister prevention.

10 hours is nothin! When we drove to disneyland it was a 20 hour trip in a mini van with 4 kids, dh, and mother inlaw. Yes, 7 people in a minivan.................and I wonder why I'm crazy. :lmao: I'm excited to read all about your trip!

We used to drive 1500 miles to visit my family. A couple of times it was just me and the youngins. I would pack toys and snacks and lots of fun music. Of course this was the mid-90's before DVD players and the kids were too young to play any handheld games. I had a small toy box that fit perfectly under DD #1's feet and she'd hand out toys to everybody. It was interesting to try to make rest stops by myself. I'd make the kids stand outside my bathroom stall with their backs on the door so I could see their feet. I'd take changes of clothes and a washcloth and sponge bathe them in the restroom and make them brush their teeth. It was a long and exhausting adventure whenever I'd do it but I loved it. I don't recommend 25 hrs in the car for the faint of heart or anyone who has youngin's that don't ride well......

Glad to see you are back :banana: :banana: :banana: . Yours was the first "epic" TR I read, and it caused a serious addiction to the disboards. You get the honor of another first - your DL TR will be the first I read with my husband (I had to make a homemade lasagna to make this happen). He's actually the one typing (it's really hard to write a reply when you aren't the one typing). This one better be as good as the last to keep him interested because I'm not making homemade lasagna every nite.

Just so everyone knows what a geek my husband is:
1. He would only participate if he got to type.
2. I received a 10 minute lecture on internet privacy and not falling for internet scams :rolleyes:
3. I now know who owns and operates the disboards because he looked it up.

I was done -- but he expressed concern that yall would be offended by his comments. I assured him yall were made of stronger stuff than that.

Just to give you a better look into his psyche, these were the icons he thought were cool
:happytv: :rockband: party:

Princess Tinkerbell and Mr. Pricess Tinkerbell (;) ) I LOVE you guys...that is too funny! Me and Mr. UtahMama have to yell "spot back!!!" if we get up durring our turn on the computer!

Your secretary is a wonderful type-er! You have a sweet relationship! And it includes lasagna!? You got off cheap, my friend!

Here's a look into my psyche with my faves...

;) :eek: :rolleyes1 :scared: :upsidedow :snooty: :sad2: :flower3: :p :crowded: :faint: :stir: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc (this last duo makes me think of jogging....and bouncing ;)

Wunder Twin Real Friend Checking IN!!!

Yay!!!! Another Utah Trip Report!!!! I loved the first big fat Disney vacation and I am thrilled that you are AP holders so we will hear many stories of Disneyland vacations all preceded by a lover-ly 10 hour tour!

And since we are sharing here are is a peek into my psyche, um I mean some of my favorite smilies:

:idea: :flower3: :eek: :teeth: :3dglasses <--- I love this guy. I have a thing for geeks too.

and I like these... (though I can't really explain why :scratchin)

:drive: :teleport: :bored: :duck:

but I use thise one alot
:rotfl2:
cause it confuses my husband... it is supposed to mean that you are rolling on the floor laughing but he thinks it looks like you are mocking someone

Princess Tinkerbell and Mr. Pricess Tinkerbell (;) ) I LOVE you guys...that is too funny! Me and Mr. UtahMama have to yell "spot back!!!" if we get up durring our turn on the computer!

Your secretary is a wonderful type-er! You have a sweet relationship! And it includes lasagna!? You got off cheap, my friend!

Here's a look into my psyche with my faves...

;) :eek: :rolleyes1 :scared: :upsidedow :snooty: :sad2: :flower3: :p :crowded: :faint: :stir: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc (this last duo makes me think of jogging....and bouncing ;)

Now you are giving out the secret messages of the DISappearing peeps?:rotfl2:
What am I gonna do with you?:rotfl:

Don't share Grumpy's..:banana:

Love ya!!!

So sorry, sista.... Electric Light parade is only in the summer. What was I thinkin'? Too much "Kool-Aid", tonight, I guess.:confused3
The 26th is a good day to CROCKER swap. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter