Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

I got pretty behind on all my DISing. I started with yours over an hour ago and just finished (finally caught up). I will have to come back later to read others.

Your Haunted Mansion Holiday pictures are amazing. I took some of my own, but they are a hot mess as usual. I love all of the decorations you saw. It amazes me how you seem to see so much more than I do each trip. I guess that comes with experience. Every time I read your report, you remind me of something else I missed. All of the treats you found look amazing. It is probably a good thing I did not find them all or I would have gained more weight than I already did.

We had a more than 30 minute wait for the monorail on our most recent trip too. The worst part was the line was cut off on the couple right in front of us who let at least 30 people around them. Oh well. We had a great time that evening at Disneyland even though we rode nothing. Like you, we found very long lines for everything, except FNSV, which was closed (much to our disappointment). At least you got to take in IASW a little later. We watched the IASW show and watched the castle lighting. I probably do not even have to tell you Crap did not let us wait for the fireworks. But, you're right. Watching the castle lighting with the snow is the next best thing to staying for the fireworks.

We rode very few things on our California Adventure day too. I think you actually did better than us as we never hot Luigis or LM. We did hit MJJ of course.

Your surprise was fantastic, and I am super happy for you. Everything looked amazing from the food, to the atmosphere, to the special tour. It is nice to see a rare picture of you as well. I did not know non members were allowed to buy merchandise inside. I would be in heaven. The friend who Crap always asks to get him into Club 33 finally agreed for my upcoming birthday trip until she found out it is closed for refurbishment. She told him he should have seen it before the refurb. I just hope we are lucky enough to see it at all someday. Thanks for sharing your pictures and experience in the mean time. I love seeing that

Day 2 – November 23rd, 2013 – Part 16

On the last update, our party was able to get a spot right in front of Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle for “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks. We got a spot in front of the castle that night but it did come with a price of 3 hours that night. They had no problem with it to wait that long. I also went out to Critter Country to see if the Mickey macadamia nut cluster was at Pooh’s Corner but no luck. I was able to walk right by Frontierland with the Christmas decorations. Now we were waiting for the 9:30pm “Believe…In Holiday Magic” firework show to start and were all looking forward to it.

It was now time for the 9:30pm “Believe…In Holiday Magic” firework show. I have seen Believe ever since the firework show debut in 2000. The show has been updated over the years and this is the firework during the Holiday season. We didn’t get to see it on Friday night since it was canceled due to high winds but Saturday night was perfect and wasn’t windy. My DA have seen Believe with me over the years that we have come during the holiday season. This was DGM, DM and DD2 first time seeing the fireworks and they were exciting to see it in front of SB Winter Castle.

Just about 5 minutes before the fireworks, the CM’s told the guests that were in the streets sitting down to stand up for the fireworks. Everyone around the area all stand up and started to move towards the front to make room. For the people that were sitting on the curb like my party didn’t have to move since I don’t want to give up the curb spot. I always use the curb spot to get extra height to watch the fireworks so there won’t be any people in my picture view.

I asked DM if DD2 won’t be scared of the fireworks since they are loud. She told me that it won’t be a problem since she was able to see the fireworks during Fourth of July back in Sacramento. That was great news to hear that she won’t be scared of the loud bang noise of the fireworks.

This was the first time using my new Nikon D7100 DSLR for the fireworks that night. I was planned on taking pictures of the firework trails with the new DSLR instead of getting regular pictures. I also used the Tamron 17-50mm lens with a 0.9 Neutral Density Filter on the lens.

It was also my first time using my new MeFoto Roadtrip tripod which I bought. I wanted to have a tripod that would be mobile for me to use. I want to thank PiO for giving me the tip about the MeFoto Roadtrip tripod since she has one as well. Even though the tripod is heavy when I carry it around with me during the trip but the size is perfect where I can take it on the rides without having a big tripod to carry around. Originally I used those cheap tripods that I have used to the parks which are very tall and they do take a lot of space. I was so glad to be able to buy the MeFoto Roadtrip tripod and to be able to use it during the November trip which it is perfect to use when in the parks. I will be using this tripod on many Disney trips so I can take pictures and videotape.

I also tried something new that night. As you know that I use a tripod in order to videotape the fireworks and take the firework trails pictures. But the only problem is that I can only have one camera on the tripod. I could have my video camera in my hands while I have the DSLR on the tripod but my hands won’t be steady for 10-15 minute firework show and the firework trails pictures won’t be good when my hands are wobbling. When I did a lot of research of how to have both cameras on a tripod, I found that there is a bracket mounting that can be attached to the tripod and has two attachments to hold multiple devices. This was the solution to have both cameras on one tripod and get what I wanted of videotaping without being wobbling and firework trail pictures. But I realized that having the video camera with the DSLR is that the DSLR will make sounds when the video camera is recording and it will get the clicking sounds. The video sounds wasn’t that bad as I have thought when I videotaped Believe that night. I was glad to get both cameras on one tripod and will use the new bracket for other shows in the future. I was able to use the bracket during the December trip as well.

I won’t be showing all the pictures that I have took that night since some of them didn’t turn out really well and I did mistime the fireworks. I thought about setting the exposure longer but I don’t want too much going on. It would be nice to get one shot with all the trails on one but I wanted to try separate ones with the new DSLR. I will do a long exposure one day when I go back to the DLR.

Here are pictures from the 9:30pm show of “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks that Saturday night.
11902117963_84247bec20_b.jpg

11902703976_8be4907946_b.jpg

11902696956_f20e7227a3_b.jpg

11902685816_9aa4f388ac_b.jpg

11902685816_9aa4f388ac_b.jpg

11902233374_a367afcc7a_b.jpg

11902075793_cd025f13e4_b.jpg

11901784095_68724e4cfb_b.jpg

11902196694_a172d908a0_b.jpg

11901761305_19fe4de4f0_b.jpg

11902178374_950946d6af_b.jpg

11901744625_222a6f3d26_b.jpg

11902003423_5072fccb1e_b.jpg

11901995183_4ae31cc607_b.jpg

11901705615_03346fccf0_b.jpg

11901695795_52733f1a18_b.jpg

11901665255_98cb33307a_b.jpg

11901676325_ddb05673aa_b.jpg

11901638215_570efc1a27_b.jpg

11902483016_73389e3bc4_b.jpg

Believe…In Holiday Magic is now over
11901604995_5daebe669c_b.jpg

At the end of Believe means it is time for the snow. It does snow around the Hub after Believe or if Believe is canceled, it will still snow. Not only the Hub, it will also snow in Main Street, the ground sitting area right next to the Rivers of America and It’s a Small World Plaza.
11901596555_17038694b6_b.jpg

11902446566_a053747e27_b.jpg

11901561885_933497777c_b.jpg

When it stopped snowing around the Hub, I packed all of my equipment back in the bags from the tripod & video camera. We talked about what we want to do that night. DM told us that it was time to take DD2 back to the GCH to call it for the night since she needs to go to sleep so we can enjoy our next day at the DLR.

Before we left DL that night, we had to stop at one place before we left. But that will be on the next update so stay tune.

I was caught up for a whole minute, lol. Anyway, I just read the new one and am caught up again. Looks like the wait was worth it because your fireworks shots are amazing. There are no heads in your shots. Even if all of your shots did not turn out, the ones that did were well worth the investment.

I got pretty behind on all my DISing. I started with yours over an hour ago and just finished (finally caught up). I will have to come back later to read others.

Your Haunted Mansion Holiday pictures are amazing. I took some of my own, but they are a hot mess as usual. I love all of the decorations you saw. It amazes me how you seem to see so much more than I do each trip. I guess that comes with experience. Every time I read your report, you remind me of something else I missed. All of the treats you found look amazing. It is probably a good thing I did not find them all or I would have gained more weight than I already did.

We had a more than 30 minute wait for the monorail on our most recent trip too. The worst part was the line was cut off on the couple right in front of us who let at least 30 people around them. Oh well. We had a great time that evening at Disneyland even though we rode nothing. Like you, we found very long lines for everything, except FNSV, which was closed (much to our disappointment). At least you got to take in IASW a little later. We watched the IASW show and watched the castle lighting. I probably do not even have to tell you Crap did not let us wait for the fireworks. But, you're right. Watching the castle lighting with the snow is the next best thing to staying for the fireworks.

We rode very few things on our California Adventure day too. I think you actually did better than us as we never hot Luigis or LM. We did hit MJJ of course.

Your surprise was fantastic, and I am super happy for you. Everything looked amazing from the food, to the atmosphere, to the special tour. It is nice to see a rare picture of you as well. I did not know non members were allowed to buy merchandise inside. I would be in heaven. The friend who Crap always asks to get him into Club 33 finally agreed for my upcoming birthday trip until she found out it is closed for refurbishment. She told him he should have seen it before the refurb. I just hope we are lucky enough to see it at all someday. Thanks for sharing your pictures and experience in the mean time. I love seeing that

Nice to hear that you got back safely from your quick DL trip Kim.

Thank you Kim. The HMH pictures are getting better and better with every trip and even though I didn’t get a good picture of the Oogie Boogie at the end of the ride which was disappointing during that ride experience, I was able to get a picture of him later during the trip in which you will find out later on. I just walk around the DLR and take some time to see what is interesting to take a picture of. Going around the DLR and know what to do at what time comes into play and saves you the time so you enjoy the full experience at the parks. I learned the hard way during the earlier days before I got the AP and just like you said that it does come with experience. I’m glad that by reading my trip report that you can go back and see what you missed and do during your next trip. I did read your update on the Christmas Superthread about you being able to see the IASW Clock show and Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle Enchantment Lighting. All of those holiday treats look so good that I can’t stop thinking about it and trying them.

That was a long wait time to get on the monorail. My party that went with me during the last month trip when we were at the DTD station with an ECV, we had to wait around that time to get on the monorail. That was a crazy trip in December where it was crowded at DL where the lines were on average 30-40 minute wait time. I’m sorry to hear that the FNSV was closed during your trip. I was kind of shock to hear that the FNSV was closed on Saturday instead of being closed on the 6th. We had to wait for a while to ride IASWH at night but everyone in my party had a fun time riding it at night which is the best time to ride it over the daytime. I’m glad that you were able to see the IASW Clock show and SB Winter Castle Enchantment Lighting. I know from your previous TR’s that Crap doesn’t like to stay during the fireworks which is a shame. He got to at least stay one night for the fireworks. Maybe when you go back in March he will let you and the boys to stay up at night to watch Remember Dreams Come True fireworks. Nice to hear that you were able to experience the snow during the SB Winter Castle Enchantment Lighting.

I know that you had to go on MJJ during your trip and sorry to hear that you were not able to go on the Little Mermaid ride and LFT.

Thank you Kim. It was a real treat to eat at Club 33 during the November trip. The food, atmosphere, the special tour by Jeff just made our first time visiting Club 33 a memorable one. It is rare to see a picture of me but I have been in a lot of pictures this past year with all the different trips I have done before in the past, I wasn’t in those other ones. It was nice to buy Club 33 merchandise that day and we were both happy to have something to remember during our meal. That would have been a great birthday treat to have a meal at Club 33 during your birthday. Just like you said that it is now closed for improvements. Glad that you are following along my trip reports Kim.

I was caught up for a whole minute, lol. Anyway, I just read the new one and am caught up again. Looks like the wait was worth it because your fireworks shots are amazing. There are no heads in your shots. Even if all of your shots did not turn out, the ones that did were well worth the investment.

Waiting 3 hours that day wass way too long for my DA but she had no problem waiting since it was for DGM, DM and DD2 that night. I mostly would have no problem waiting for the fireworks but that was a long wait since I have seen Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks a lot during the holiday season. Mostly I wait 2 hours for the fireworks and F! first show with no problem. But the extra waiting time does come in handy during the holiday season since there are two shows of SB Winter Castle Enchantment Lighting at 7:30pm & 8:30pm and watching the 9:30pm fireworks show. If it was 2 hours, it would have been no problem for that wait. If I do ever wait that long is that there will be a new fireworks show. It is important to have a tripod that is tall enough and won’t obstruct the view of the other guests behind me. The curb spots when watching the fireworks are so important so I can get extra height so I won’t get no heads in the picture or video. Watching the fireworks in front of SB Castle is always a gamble because you never know if the fireworks will be canceled due to high winds or technical issues. I’m lucky that I haven’t wasted my time for the fireworks in front of the castle.

The next post will be up shortly.

Day 2 – November 23rd, 2013 – Part 17

On the last update, our party was able to watch the 9:30pm “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks show at Disneyland that Saturday night. I do enjoy watching Believe during the holiday season at DL and it hasn’t disappointed me one bit. We were lucky that it ran that night and I was able to take pictures of the firework trails and also videotape that night. We were able to experience the snow after the show which is fun to see.

After “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks is done, DGM & DM told my DA and I that it was time for them to go back to their room at the GCH to call it for the night. But they had some time to do one more thing until they head on back. It was also good idea for my DA and me to go back to the room as well since we have been in DL ever since we came during Magic Morning/Extra Magic Morning and at DTD/DLR hotels which she doesn’t do often since we take a break in the afternoon. I was amazed that she was able to stay at DL, DTD & the DLR hotels that long during the day.

The next day is another EMH at DCA so it was important to go back to the room that night and rest up so we can take advantage of EMH at DCA since DGM, DM and DD2 were staying at the GCH.

We were first making our way out of the park that night.
11941687444_64bb6ed05c_b.jpg

But before we head on back to the rooms to call it for the night, we had to stop to get my favorite desserts and that would be a Dole Whip Float. I have been getting the floats over the soft serve these last few trips which have been great.

So we head on over to Adventureland to get to the Tiki Juice Bar to get the Dole Whip Floats. But I forgot since guests were leaving from the 1st show of F! that night, we couldn’t go towards Adventureland since it is an exit. So we had to walk on over to Frontierland first and then cut on over to Adventureland.

When we were over at Adventureland, the queue for the Tiki Juice Bar wasn’t that long so we went in the queue and waited to get the Dole Whip Floats.
11941235785_79621946aa_b.jpg

Those Dole Whip Floats are amazing and I will still get them when I go to DL.
11941495893_9cf2f1d8c5_b.jpg

DGM & DM loved the floats so much that they might want to get another one during the trip. When we were right next to the Tiki Room, they wanted to get a picture together.
11941203415_e288c91476_b.jpg

After we got our floats, we started to head on out of the park and call it for the night. There were a lot of other guests that were leaving the park as us. So it was nice to go back to the room to rest up after a long day at the park with all the different attractions, shows, and restaurants that day.

11941180415_f21fd5495e_b.jpg

11941166925_a652ac3ff3_b.jpg

A look at the ornaments of the MS Christmas Tree at Town Square.
11941989396_720eb94e4b_b.jpg

11941121195_4762913752_b.jpg

11941106635_dae14f2f48_b.jpg

We walked on out of DL and back at the Esplanade. This is where we parted ways that night where they went back to the GCH while my DA and I head on back to BWAI to call it for the night.

We got back to BWAI around 10:30pm that night which was quite long for my DA and me. We kept talking about Club 33 that time when we got back to our room of finally to be able to eat at that place and cross it off our bucket list of things that we want to do a the DLR. We went to bed around 11pm and concluded Saturday during our November trip.

This was one of the best days for my DA and me to be at the DLR since we were able to enjoy MM/EMH with DGM, DM, & DD2 that morning at DL, we had a character breakfast at the Plaza Inn with Minnie & Friends, went on a few rides that morning to the afternoon and watch “Believe…In Holiday Magic” fireworks that night. But the real highlight from that day was that my DA and I had lunch at Club 33. Eating at Club 33 during lunch was a great opportunity and we loved every second being in that restaurant. I could go on and on about Club 33 that day and same thing with my DA.

Now that the second day of our trip is now completed, the next one will be our third day of the trip which is another day that I am looking forward to since I haven’t seen this new show during the holiday season. That will be it for this post and stay tune for the next day of the November trip report.

Bret!!!! Your nighttime and firework shots are positively DELICIOUS! Great job. :thumbsup2

This would have been one super satisfying day for you today....Club 33 and magnificent fireworks/night time pics.

Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Bret!!!! Your nighttime and firework shots are positively DELICIOUS! Great job. :thumbsup2

This would have been one super satisfying day for you today....Club 33 and magnificent fireworks/night time pics.

Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Thank you PiO. They are not my best pictures of the firework trails but they are not bad for the first time with the Nikon D7100. Next time when I go back, I am determine to get better pictures of the firework trails.

It was one of the best times I have been to DL from the rides, shows, Club 33, Plaza Inn and fireworks. That was a great day and I won't forget it for the rest of my life.

Your fireworks shots are just getting better and better! What a great day!

Thank you Alison. The firework trail pictures turned out nice but I can do a lot better. That was a great day and it was so much fun.

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 1

The next day was Sunday morning which is our third day of our trip. Mostly in the past Sunday is our last day during our trip which is always the saddest part of the trip. But for this trip, we will be leaving on Monday the 25th so we can spend some more time with DGM, DM and DD2 during the trip. They are leaving on Tuesday the 26th so they will be at the parks on Monday while we leave that day. We had done quite a lot during Thanksgiving break which the crowds were okay during the first two days of the trip.

This was going to be another fun day at the parks that day in which we will be going to Disney California Adventure. The first two days we have went to DL and did everything we want to do. Now it was DCA turn during the trip in which I really want to see the new World of Color Winter Dreams show. DGM, DM & DD2 went to DCA the first day of the trip but they haven’t done all the good rides so this is a full day for them.

Since they are staying at the GCH during the trip and it was Extra Magic Hours at DCA, we need to take advantage of DCA that morning where it will open to the hotel guests at 7am to 8am. It will be fun to go to DCA that morning and take advantage of Radiator Springs Racers. But in my past experience of riding RSR first thing in the morning is not that well since most of the time when we were in the queue to get on the ride, the ride is not running. I was hoping that RSR will be open that morning so we can ride it first thing in the morning during EMH.

My DA and I woke up around 6am that morning since we need to get up early so we can meet up with DGM, DM and DD2 at the GCH. Luckily we went back to the hotel early on Saturday night so we can go with them to DCA during EMH. Sometimes I like to sleep since we don’t have EMH/Magic Morning when going to the parks so it was nice to

We left our room around 6:30am to the Disneyland Resort to meet up with the rest of our party at the GCH. There weren’t too many people out on Harbor that morning since most of the guests are still sleeping while there are CM’s heading on over to work.
11959645203_cd49590ef6_b.jpg

When we were approaching the security check point, there were some guests waiting. The Esplanade isn’t open that early in the morning and most of the guests that came from Harbor Blvd had to wait. But for us, we told them that we are heading on over to the GCH. So we were able to cross the Esplanade that morning without waiting until the CM’s opened the Esplanade.
11959780294_d8041b6af3_b.jpg

You don’t see DTD that empty that much.
11960160076_842e6a2718_b.jpg

When we got to the GCH lobby, it is so nice to see the Christmas tree in the lobby. I don’t get too many opportunities to see the Christmas tree in the lobby of the GCH during the holiday season. Ever since my DA and I have been coming to the DLR in mid November these last few years, the tree isn’t up until Thanksgiving. To my surprise that the tree was up during our trip before Thanksgiving.
11960147406_3c7d0f995f_b.jpg

It didn’t took DGM, DM and DD2 to meet us at the lobby of the GCH. They were all excited to go to DCA that morning with my DA and I. DD2 was all dressed up very nice for today but I won’t show the picture of her just yet since we got a character meal that Sunday.

So we all head on over towards the DCA entrance from the GCH. Since they were staying on-site, we were able to go during EMH at DCA. When we got in the line, there were a lot of people waiting to go into DCA that morning.
11959736124_56c863d47f_b.jpg

Our first thing we want to do that morning was to get in the queue for Radiator Springs Racers and ride it that morning. I would never ride RSR first thing in the morning with my past experience of the ride being down first thing in the morning and later it will be up and running. I don’t want to spend time in the morning in the queue of RSR waiting to get on the ride. It’s always a gamble when riding RSR first thing in the morning where you could be waiting in line when you can do other things or be able to ride it first thing.

We entered DCA at 7am and we head straight on over to Cars Land to get in line. Since DD2 was not tall enough to ride RSR, we will be planning on doing the rider swap where DGM and DM would be able to ride RSR and change with each other since DD2 had to be with DM or DGM.

We walked all the way from the entrance right at the GCH over to CL. It was quiet that morning where most of the people were walking on over to CL just like us.
11959726494_cfbf09cf36_b.jpg

11959568233_be1560e163_b.jpg

They were ahead of me since I was getting pictures.
11959696834_a55561c84a_b.jpg

We were now in Cars Land and there was already a long line to get on RSR.
11959250545_48bdac265f_b.jpg

We were close by Sarge’s Surplus Hut when the line stopped. Even though we got there early at the turnstiles at the GCH, there was a long line to get on RSR that morning. Now you know why I don’t like to ride RSR first thing in the morning with those long crazy queues.
11959529153_7547cda7f3_b.jpg

We have heard from the CM’s that RSR was not running yet and they weren’t letting any guests in the queue when you enter RSR. But just awhile ago, they started to take the guests to the queue and we were walking down until we got to the entrance.
11959224745_4a8deca072_b.jpg

Flo’s V8 Café wasn’t opened during EMH
11960041626_3986881b58_b.jpg

Red was out greeting the guests where there wasn’t too many people greeting him that morning since everyone was in line for RSR.
11959634524_07721f8572_b.jpg

When we were in the line to get on RSR, we talked about doing the Rider Swap since DD2 wasn’t tall enough to ride RSR. DGM and DM wanted to ride RSR but they can’t ride it together since DD2 would have to stay with us and she can’t stand it without DGM and DM. So we will use the Rider Swap with DA, DM and me the first time. Then later DGM will be able to go on the ride with my DA or me. I have never done the rider swap before and it was neat to try it for the first time.
11959481553_39ec6edd3d_b.jpg

The Court house looks great during the Holiday season.
11959613924_9945488062_b.jpg

When we got up to the gate to enter the queue for RSR, we have heard that it wasn’t up and running and the CM’s told the guests that we can stay in the queue until the ride was up and running. It wasn’t up and running around 7:15am that morning which time is very important since you can spend part of the EMH in the queue or go on other rides that morning. Since we were already in the queue, DM wanted to ride RSR that morning so we waited in the queue for a while until it is up and running.
11959600774_eb76aa33e1_b.jpg

We had to go towards the backside of Ramone’s House of Body Art store since the queue could go all the way towards the view of Ornament Valley. We waited almost 30 minutes in the queue until the line started to move. DM and I were in the line while my DA, DGM and DD2 were somewhere around CL. They told us to go on RSR and DGM and DM will be able to ride it when we get back.

11959151065_007e19786b_b.jpg

11959425283_6abf1d6415_b.jpg

Radiator Spring
11959555464_c99c5ca46d_b.jpg

11959091815_e9ed4e1acc_b.jpg

11959930916_a20436107f_b.jpg

11959066525_0822334a4f_b.jpg

The wait time to get on the ride that morning was long but it went by really quickly when the ride was open that morning.
11959339383_0662d35e08_b.jpg

11959454124_3661580486_b.jpg

It’s almost our time to ride RSR.
11959468964_1eaea0c2df_b.jpg

DM and I are were about to ride RSR that morning and it was going to be fun but that will be on the next update. So stay tune from RSR.

That's a relatively long queue for RSR. It's nice to see that it's still a popular ride after all this time.

I agree with Alison, your pics are getting better and better. Truly enjoying the magic of the holiday season.

That's a relatively long queue for RSR. It's nice to see that it's still a popular ride after all this time.

The queue was long that morning where we waited over 30 minutes when RSR was not up and running. As you can tell that's why I don't like riding RSR first thing in the morning since it could be down. The ride is still as popular ever since it opened in 2012. Back during the December trip, the wait time for RSR was as long as 3 hours which was just crazy. Luckily the wait time was not that long as I have thought that morning.

I agree with Alison, your pics are getting better and better. Truly enjoying the magic of the holiday season.

Thank you Angela. The pictures are getting better and better after every trip.

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 2

On our last update, my DA and I met up with DGM, DM and DD2 at the GCH so we can go to DCA that morning during Extra Magic Hours. It was so neat to go to DCA early that morning during EMH. We were planning on going to DCA early that morning to take advantage of Radiator Springs Racers. But I don’t like to ride it first thing in the morning since the ride can be down and not running. We took a chance of riding it that morning and unfortunately it was down until 7:45am that morning. DM and I were about to get on the ride while my DA, DGM and DD2 were somewhere at CL. Now back to the trip report and at RSR.

DM and I were about to get on RSR that morning at the loading area. When we were about to enter the ride, the CM told us that we can have the car to ourselves. I was kind of surprised that we had the car to ourselves. So it was going to be fun to be able to get a picture of DM and I on the ride without any other people.

This is not as great as the ride experience back in September with PiO, her family, Alison and Fran when we got to ride RSR three times in a row. I still had a fun time riding RSR three times with them back in September in which I still can’t forget about it.

Now it is time for our ride experience on RSR that Sunday morning just DM and me.
11976754653_fa5df2aec5_b.jpg

Let’s go for a drive
11977280976_a5e7412716_b.jpg

11977270536_ac3631239a_b.jpg

Who’s that?
11976839554_c8031cbfdf_b.jpg

It’s Mack!
11976427215_557eb664eb_b.jpg

Passing by Minny
11976420805_eb5febda05_b.jpg

Mater
11976709983_fccb1f89ed_b.jpg

Tractor tipping
11976814764_c3fb71338d_b.jpg

Theirs Frank
11977230286_54a95d90c7_b.jpg

In the town of Radiator Springs
11976689433_228d416040_b.jpg

Sally and McQueen. Which side will we get?
11976792624_48c9d46dba_b.jpg

We got Luigi’s Casa Della Tires side which is the one that I always want to get and it was so nice to be on this side.
11976787254_2e14f27e0d_b.jpg

Those are great white wall tires.
11976777984_109c90a493_b.jpg

Were ready to race Doc
11976362185_311eecf2e7_b.jpg

11976645213_6803426eec_b.jpg

And were off.
11976748674_a3faacb457_b.jpg

11976332025_f964b1f750_b.jpg

We won the race which is nice and we were greeted by Mater and McQueen
11977152416_2300fa5770_b.jpg

We exited the car and we got to see our photo in which we got the car to ourselves without any other guests.
11976314595_e857589c84_b.jpg

11977126816_6aed7ffb23_b.jpg

After looking at the pictures we were outside and walking on out. But we had to look at Cadillac Range
11977109606_94749ccfc0_b.jpg

11976268495_9100b3c12a_b.jpg

When we were back at Radiator Springs, we met up with my DA, DGM, and DD2. It was time to do our next activity at DCA. But before we left, there was already a long line to get on RSR that morning.
11976254875_26eb034666_b.jpg

The line to get on RSR was all the way towards the entrance of Cars Land when the park opened that morning.
11976648264_3c3b90fed3_b.jpg

Also when we were in the line, we were able to get the rider swap FP since DD2 couldn’t ride RSR when we were in line earlier that morning when the ride was down.
11976631204_1cd608461c_b.jpg

After meeting up with each other, we started to do our next activity at DCA. But that will be on the next update.

How cool you got to have a car to yourselves! Great pic of the two of you. I love the one of Mater too.

I love EMH in the morning but like you would not go to RSR right off. Great pictures and thank you for explaining and showing the ride swap process.

We really liked RSR and did it each day we were at DCA. We'd get a fastpass after spending time at Toy Story during EMH.

How cool you got to have a car to yourselves! Great pic of the two of you. I love the one of Mater too.

That was so neat to be able to have the car to ourselves that morning. I was kind of surprised as well that the CM's didn't put other people on the same car with DM and me. You won't see that too often of two people in one car on RSR. It was fun to ride it that morning even though we all had to wait awhile to get on RSR that morning. But it turned out great since we were able to get a rider swap pass that morning.

How cool to have the car to yourselves.

Nice pics inside. :thumbsup2

It was so neat to be able to ride RSR just the two of us. I know that you would love to have the car to yourself with your family or friends. I forget to say that we were able to do that back in September with Alison. That was a fun time back in September to ride RSR.

I love EMH in the morning but like you would not go to RSR right off. Great pictures and thank you for explaining and showing the ride swap process.

We really liked RSR and did it each day we were at DCA. We'd get a fastpass after spending time at Toy Story during EMH.

It has been a while since I have done EMH at DCA since Disney did the AP EMH promotion for the AP holders. It was nice to go that morning with DGM, DM and DD2 since they were staying at the GCH but I would not even consider going on RSR first thing in the morning with the problems of the ride breaking down a lot. But it wasn't that long of a wait that morning where it was about 3 quarters of our time during EMH when RSR was not up. Thank you TK. I haven't done the rider swap in a very long time and it was nice to be able to get one since DD2 couldn't ride RSR. She was fine that she wasn't able to ride RSR and it was nice to use the rider swap pass later during the day.

That is nice to hear that you were able to ride RSR each day during your trip last month. It is so nice to be able to use the FP system on RSR in order to avoid the long wait time.

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 3

Just after DM and I finished riding Radiator Springs Racers. We met up with my DA, DGM and DD2. Disney California Adventure just opened up at 8am and there was a long line to get on RSR. Luckily for us that we were able to ride RSR that morning and get a rider swap pass since DD2 couldn’t ride RSR and it will be a good opportunity for DGM and my DA to be able to ride RSR later during the day. They thought about riding it when we got off but she told DGM that it will be perfect to ride it at night which is amazing. We didn’t plan on getting in the FP queue for RSR that morning since it might go late at night. So we didn’t get a FP that day.

While we were still in Cars Land, DM talked to us if it was possible to ride Luigi’s Flying Tires and we had no problem with it since we were in Cars Land.

I haven’t ridden LFT since the Annual Passholder sneak peek back in June 2012 when it wasn’t even opened yet. I have thought about riding LFT a lot of times ever since it opened in 2012 but I have never made the commitment to ride it ever since until the November trip. The ride experience has not been the same since Disney took away the beach balls that was part of the ride. Today, there is no more beach balls that is part of the ride which made riding LFT so fun. I can understand why Disney took away the beach balls since it does slow the queue to get on the ride and it is also a hazard of someone getting hit in the face. It was nice to be able to ride it that trip with the rest of the party.

The wait was only 10 minutes which was very nice when DCA opens at 8am so it was an easy decision to go on LFT that morning. We went through the main building of Luigis Casa Della Tires and it still looks the same ever since CL opened in 2012.
12044714504_c640a9e0c1_b.jpg

12044704134_3f0b10aaec_b.jpg

The Francesco Burnoulli topiary looks like the same ever since 2012.
12044290425_85e693c5bb_b.jpg

It’s almost our time to board the flying tires.
12044564993_705fefa110_b.jpg

It wasn’t too long until we boarded the flying tires. I rode with my DA while DGM, DM and DD2 went on the other. It was kind of weird at first riding LFT without the beach balls that was part of the ride experience during the early days of LFT but it was nice to get back on the ride after a year and a half.
12045098336_6ee6a99d04_b.jpg

DGM, DD2, & DM were having a great time and we were trying to bump into each other for most part of the ride.
12044518823_8e5e63dbb8_b.jpg

It was so fun to ride LFT after not riding it since it opened in the summer of 2012. DGM, DM and DD2 had a fun time riding LFT that morning.

Just after we got off, DD2 wanted to go to A Bug’s Land and go on some rides. So the five of us walked on over to ABL from the backside of Cars Land right by LFT. But first DGM, DM and DD2 wanted to get some pictures in Cars Land until we head on over to ABL. Since they had the PhotoPass+ package, they are taking advantage of the opportunity to get pictures from the CM photographers around the DLR.

The line to get on RSR is not on the street of Radiator Springs and in the actual queue of RSR.
12045049406_0fb002026d_b.jpg

Lightning McQueen leaving the meet & greet area at the Cozy Cone Motel.
12044578794_a795a50927_b.jpg

12044559334_dda7b5be2a_b.jpg

We head on over to ABL from the CL side.
12044443453_f466d982a1_b.jpg

It wasn’t that busy at ABL that morning since most of the guests were at CL or Paradise Pier.
12044974306_7779dabed2_b.jpg

The first ride that we did at ABL was Francis’ Ladybug Boogie which is similar to the Mad Tea Party and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. It has the spinning car as the teacups and track switch of MJJ. DGM and my DA didn’t want to go on the ride since they don’t like spinning rides. So it was DM, DD2 and I who rode it. It was only a 5 minute wait to get on FLB which is right during the morning. This is another ride that I haven’t rode in years and just walked by it when I am in ABL.
12044105235_fbd3a2f43b_b.jpg

After we got off, DD2 looked at Flik’s Flyers as our next ride that morning. This is another ride that I haven’t rode in years and it was nice to go on rides that I haven’t done in a long time. DGM and my DA stayed behind again and waited for the three of us until we got off the ride.
12044090625_b98e923fb1_b.jpg

12044072795_275892195a_b.jpg

A nice aerial view of ABL with the Christmas decorations.
12044457264_69d8fc3228_b.jpg

Just when we got off, DD2 wanted to go on more rides in ABL. She thought about going on Tuck and Roll’s Drive ‘em Buggie which is a bumper car ride and DM didn’t want to go on the ride. DGM said the same thing and wont’ even go on the ride.
12044888776_d586d2a7f1_b.jpg

DD2 asked what other rides are in ABL and the other one was Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train. So we head on over to ride HCCT that moring. It was also another walk-on that morning with a 5 minute wait. Once again my DA and DGM stayed behind while the three of us rode another ride at ABL.
12044417844_e5dd87691b_b.jpg

12044307393_5ea04314ba_b.jpg

When we got off HCCT, DGM and DM wanted to go on the Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure at Paradise Pier before we did our special event at DCA that day.

We went towards back to Cars Land on the backside to head on over to Paradise Pier. I wanted to take them towards CL so they can have a look at Ornament Valley from the backside which is the best to see it.
12044837446_8161b5c431_b.jpg

I just can’t get tired of seeing this sign at CL every time I pass by it just like in the movie “Cars 2”.
12044819566_815bb03ae6_b.jpg

While passing by CL, we were now at the back of CL heading towards Pacific Wharf and on the way we can see Radiator Springs Racers and Ornament Valley. It is so amazing to see Ornament Valley from this side of RSR.
12044793096_9d8eb6c840_b.jpg

Just before we head on over to Paradise Pier and we were in Pacific Wharf, we stopped at Boudin Bakery to get some bread sample. Every time my DA and I pass by Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, my DA thinks about the former Mission Tortilla Factory which we get a tortilla every time.
12044776226_dd1299deee_b.jpg

It was a quick stop in Boudin Bakery and I forgot to take some pictures when we were inside but it was nice to walk in Boudin Bakery to get some bread to eat while in DCA.

We exited Boudin Bakery and started to walk on over to Paradise Pier to go on the Little Mermaid ride. It was a nice day where it wasn’t that busy at Paradise Pier.
12044207253_bce5d76878_b.jpg

While in the area, I had to get a picture of the flowers at the light tower at PP.
12044149263_961b078968_b.jpg

While looking at the flowers at PP, we started to head on over to the Little Mermaid ride that morning. This is it for this post and stay tune for the next update at PP.

Looks like a great way to start the day at DCA; especially with DD2 with you. Did she have a great time?

Looks like a great way to start the day at DCA; especially with DD2 with you. Did she have a great time?

It was a nice start of the day by riding RSR in the morning where I would never ride it first thing. But we were lucky that the ride was running that morning and didn't spend a lot of time in the queue. We got the rider swap pass so we can use it later that day, got to ride a lot of rides at ABL that morning. DD2 had a great time and maybe she will remember those great times at the DLR during the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter