Our 10th anniversary will be at the Ft.

AshFamily

Mouseketeer
We are taking our first ever trip to WDW as a family in mid November 2011. It is my BDay month, and also the DW and I's 10th year wedding anniversary ( a BIG accomplishment for a young couple in this day and age). So when we began talking about going I thought there is no way to enjoy WDW more as a family then to stay at the Ft. In our own pup. What I am now wondering is are there any suggestions on a romantic time/event for the DW and I to go enjoy without the kiddies? Our 13yr. old DS and 8yr. old DD will be with us but the DS can watch her for a while at the campsite. Lets here some ideas :cool1: .

Congrats on the anniversary!! Your planning something special will earn you a lot of kudos in the husband category - so it's easy to see why you have achieved the milestone!! :thumbsup2

A second choice to Narcoosee's (if you can't get ressies) would be O'Hanas at the Polynesian. Be sure to tell them it's your anniversary and you would like to be seated during the fireworks show at the MK at a window that over looks said fireworks!! You might want to see if you can get an all-night sitter for the fireworks in the camper later on!! :banana:

I'll be there Nov 11 - 19 - so where are you going to take us to eat? :rotfl:

Seriously, the California Grill & schedule it to coincide with the MK fireworks to watch from the deck afterwards.

Congratulations on ten years.

Mrs. TCD and I will hit twenty five next year.

So, some advice from a silverback:

First choice: Get a bucket of chicken and enjoy it on the porch of Trail's End.

Second choice: Hoop Dee Doo Review.

I wonder why Mrs. TCD often chooses to stay home when we go camping?:confused3

TCD

Congrats on the anniversary!! Your planning something special will earn you a lot of kudos in the husband category - so it's easy to see why you have achieved the milestone!!

Yea I am an old romantic, not to toot my own horn but in my book my proposal has yet to be topped by the stories I have heard given the situation we were in at the time :cool2:

Yea I am an old romantic, not to toot my own horn but in my book my proposal has yet to be topped by the stories I have heard given the situation we were in at the time :cool2:

I live a scant 25 miles from the Fort, so it'll be worth the drive just to share a few beers and here this story!! I'll bring the beer!

My DH & I are going on 38 years in March. We spent our honeymoon at the Fort in a borrowed pop-up camper. Now, we make the Fort a weekly destination on either Thursday or Sunday nights, and we spend at least one weekend each month camping at the Fort. There is no place on earth like Fort Wilderness! :thumbsup2

:scratchin ...Do tell!

Congratulations and enjoy your anniversary trip!:wizard:
We're goin' on 35 years ourselves. (I was 12 when I got married:rolleyes1)
:rotfl:

Well if I must ;). We both worked night shift at a huge hospital. She worked in xray and I ran the security. I had been holding onto the 1.5 carat engagement ring for a while:rolleyes1 waiting for a night when we were both off to pop "the question"! It was just a very busy night. :mad:

So I went down and asked her during a brief moment of calm to take a walk with me to check some areas and she agreed. We went up to the physical therapy area, which was closed down for the night. It is a big room with a heated indoor pool for therapy.

I asked her to wait in the hall while I disarmed the alarm and I went inside. A few minutes later I came to the door and told her to come in. The lights were out, I had put 6 floating candles, 3 hearts and 3 red roses in the pool lit and when she saw them I was on one knee and proposed, she said yes and the rest is history :hug:.

The funny thing is she had a blonde moment when she saw the candles and said, "oh, look at that"! :lmao:

Well if I must ;). We both worked night shift at a huge hospital. She worked in xray and I ran the security. I had been holding onto the 1.5 carat engagement ring for a while:rolleyes1 waiting for a night when we were both off to pop "the question"! It was just a very busy night. :mad:

So I went down and asked her during a brief moment of calm to take a walk with me to check some areas and she agreed. We went up to the physical therapy area, which was closed down for the night. It is a big room with a heated indoor pool for therapy.

I asked her to wait in the hall while I disarmed the alarm and I went inside. A few minutes later I came to the door and told her to come in. The lights were out, I had put 6 floating candles, 3 hearts and 3 red roses in the pool lit and when she saw them I was on one knee and proposed, she said yes and the rest is history :hug:.

The funny thing is she had a blonde moment when she saw the candles and said, "oh, look at that"! :lmao:

that is so romatical. :love:

ours was sorta of the opposite.:rolleyes:

We were at The Fort in August for our 30th Anniversary. I would agree with The Hoop-de-doo. That's what we did and it was a blast. We spent our honeymoon at WDW and have been back many times since. I think The Fort is the best place to stay. It's relaxing and fun. You can do as much or as little as you want. This was also our first trip without any kids. Even though they are old now, 26, 24, and 23. Somehow we usually wind up with one of the kids and their spouse, or significant other as the case may be. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter