Our 10 day DREAM, turned into an 8 day nightmare - April/May 2012 *pic's added*

I'm sorry you had such a tough time :-( Hopefully you're feeling better and you can soon look back on this trip and laugh :-)

Wow.... It's sounds like that child needs a good spanking. To act like that, it's just incredible. Especially in public of all places. If she had been my child I would have given her a spanking right then and there. She sounds like a spoiled brat.....

I'm sorry you had such a horrible trip. I went nov 2010 for my daughter's 6th birthday and family came also. Everyone was horrible! My cousin and his ex gf did nothing but fight. She wouldn't pay attention to their son (who was 2 and so excited over everything). She mostly stayed in the hotel talking to some guy on the phone while he moped around. I got to the point where I almost hit her at a Hollywood and Vine because all she did was complain about how she wanted to be in the hotel talking to her "friend".:furious: I learned my lesson and took my daughter back 10 months later just her, her godmother, and myself and re-did her bday. It was perfect! Disney (for some strange reason) had it as her birthday in their computer and she was getting cupcakes at every restaurant. It was a mistake but I let her enjoy her magic of re doing her bday. I hope your next trip is far better. Like you, I will never take anyone with me again.

Oh, ugh and double ugh!! Talk about ruining things for you. My son and I have gone to Disney many times and my sister used to always say "we should try to go together", I love my sister but her younger son well.... he's a spoiled youngest child and I just know that we would end up either having a vacation that centered solely on what he wanted or what we need to do to keep him happy because when he doesn't get his way its NOT PRETTY or we would end up having lots of dischord. So, I have managed to always avoid it (and keep family harmony) by choosing to go at times that wouldn't work for them. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the times they weren't with you were GREAT to make up for it!

I must say that this is why when people invite MY FAMILY to go with them, WE say "no thanks."

I cannot wait to hear how this goes. And I hope you gave em a piece of your mind! Wouldn't want to vacation like that with anybody. I hope that you still managed to have a wonderful trip...

There is more, I am trying to type everything into word first b\c it started signing me out on the last long post. Maybe day 3 will be posted tonight - it all goes downhill from from here......and I agree, I will NOT go with a friend again. Hint - our children who used to play together every day, don't speak anymore.

(and on the tummy stuff - there will be more on this also, but it is not IBS, nor did it get better while at Disney)

Sadly we learned this on our trip.. allowed my son to bring his GF and she made the trip very difficult.. luckily we didn't allow it to ruin our trip..but I do have a lot of very bad memories from the trip.

Here is the Original plan again: with changes so far to the Right!

Friday, April 27 - Travel

Sat. April 28 - Animal Kingdom (with friends) (Dinner at Swan) No dinner at Swan, Jenny didn't want to go

Sun. April 29 Hollywood Studios (with friends) Changes b\c they changed days they wanted to go to parks so now Magic Kingdom Day

Mon. - April 30-Epcot This stayed the same

Tues - May 1 - Magic Kingdom

Wed. May 2 - Magic Kingdom (with friends) Girls Hair 11am, Wishes Dessert Party)

Thurs - May 3 - Epcot (with friends)

Fri - May 4 - Magic Kingdom

Sat - May 5 - Animal Kingdom

Sun - May 6 - Hollywood Studio

Mon. May 7 - Epcot

Tues - May 8 Head Home

Sounds pretty normal so far. ;)
Welcome

YAY!!! Welcome

It's good so far! Sorry you had such a bad time though. :-(
Welcome
Joining in! So sorry about your tummy issues. My BFF has celiac's disease and she is constantly struggling with it.

*hugs*

And for what it's worth, it is hard traveling with other people. It's one of the reasons that DH and I only go by ourselves on vacation. We are too fussy about it.....
Hopefully your friend will get it all figured out with her Dr and start feeling better. And we will NOT travel to Disney with friend again.And Welcome

Sounds pretty normal so far.
Welcome

Sounds ok so far! Good on you for not freaking out at that woman with the stroller!
It was very hard to keep calm, but I did. I almost wish I had gone off on her, maybe I wouldn't still be so darn angry about having a crappy Disney trip.
Welcome

OH I can't believe there isn't more. Sorry just have to know Im nosy that way when it come to going with friends. Ya it's something we have done and won't do again since they spoiled the trip for us. I'm sorry that you had tummy trouble and hope it isn't IBS. Can't wait to read about day two.
Welcome

Joining in as I'm curious to read what happens
Welcome. Looking bad is funny, but still makes me angry. It has taken me this long to not get upset about our trip, I still have not printed our pictures either - I usually have them done 1 week after our return.

ugh...I am so sorry about that "friend" and your stomach issues to which I am going to PM you on! :) thanks
Welcome, and I wrote back to you

Oh my....I can relate to a friend like that. Things just build until you just have to let them out! You have been great about holding it together so far.

Tummy troubles on top of everything else. Here's hoping to your Disney days without the "friends" being better than these two with them.
I did hold it together, and I am very proud of that fact - I am not usually able to do that.:rotfl2:

Not surprissed. We don't talk to the friend who invited herself on our trip either. Won't go with family again either. Glad to hear it's not IBS...no fun there.
We are still talking, just the kids don't talk. My DD got tired of being bullied by her.....yep that is coming.. Welcome

Wow! Keep on typing! I want to hear more! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Welcome - I will

I'm sorry you had such a tough time :-( Hopefully you're feeling better and you can soon look back on this trip and laugh :-)
- I am feeling better, but that didn't happen until we returned, and I don't see me ever being able to laugh at this trip, get angry yes, laugh - don't think so. I would rather forget.
Welcome

Wow.... It's sounds like that child needs a good spanking. To act like that, it's just incredible. Especially in public of all places. If she had been my child I would have given her a spanking right then and there. She sounds like a spoiled brat.....
DING, DING, DING - pixiedust:YOU ARE A WINNER - She DID need a spanking.

I'm sorry you had such a horrible trip. I went nov 2010 for my daughter's 6th birthday and family came also. Everyone was horrible! My cousin and his ex gf did nothing but fight. She wouldn't pay attention to their son (who was 2 and so excited over everything). She mostly stayed in the hotel talking to some guy on the phone while he moped around. I got to the point where I almost hit her at a Hollywood and Vine because all she did was complain about how she wanted to be in the hotel talking to her "friend".:furious: I learned my lesson and took my daughter back 10 months later just her, her godmother, and myself and re-did her bday. It was perfect! Disney (for some strange reason) had it as her birthday in their computer and she was getting cupcakes at every restaurant. It was a mistake but I let her enjoy her magic of re doing her bday. I hope your next trip is far better. Like you, I will never take anyone with me again.
Welcome, and ON NO!!!!! Sorry you had a bad trip also, but glad you were able to go back. As we left DH and I were saying we didn't want to go back for a LONG time, however now we are happy to talk about going again next year - WITH OUT friends!

yikes sorry your friend is bringing u down signing on!
- Yes, she did. Welcome

Unfortunatley, No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!:(
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: - At first when the trip ended I thought "I will never do something so nice for someone again" However, now I know that that is the wrong attitude. But I will NOT help someone else go WITH us Disney

Oh, ugh and double ugh!! Talk about ruining things for you. My son and I have gone to Disney many times and my sister used to always say "we should try to go together", I love my sister but her younger son well.... he's a spoiled youngest child and I just know that we would end up either having a vacation that centered solely on what he wanted or what we need to do to keep him happy because when he doesn't get his way its NOT PRETTY or we would end up having lots of dischord. So, I have managed to always avoid it (and keep family harmony) by choosing to go at times that wouldn't work for them. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the times they weren't with you were GREAT to make up for it!
Good for you - Keep up the going at off times and Welcome

What a difficult situation.
Welcome

I must say that this is why when people invite MY FAMILY to go with them, WE say "no thanks."

I cannot wait to hear how this goes. And I hope you gave em a piece of your mind! Wouldn't want to vacation like that with anybody. I hope that you still managed to have a wonderful trip...
- Welcome, and NO we did not have a wonderful trip = but we will go again just with out friends.

Reading this I am grateful my daughter has not asked to have a friend along on a trip. She’s almost 7 years older than her brother and I fear at some point she may want someone along. And I have no desire to take a friend or other family anywhere unless it was to the zoo or to the beach for just the day.

It sounds good on paper, but I think the only way I would do it is if I could afford to do everything for the friend I do for my dd or the other mom could do the same things. I would hope none of my daughter’s friends or cousins would behave like that, but I’m sure you didn’t think this girl would either.

My dd certainly isn't perfect. In fact, I can predict if my daughter were in your dd’s friend’s position she’d have issues, but she’d be bugging me not hassling her friend. And it wouldn't last long. I know I would not tolerate it. I keep waiting to read the other mom puts a stop to it. I bust my behind to take us on vacations and I would be livid if I had to deal with something like this. I’m sorry this happened and on top of it you weren’t feeling well. :sad2:

I’m glad this wasn’t a “once in a lifetime” trip for you.

Wow! Don't keep us hangin'. I need to know more! I am hoping that this trip is salvaged for you when the "friends" finally leave. What was that little monster saying to your DD? :(

I have been reading from the start, but wanted to say thanks for reminding me why it's NOT a good idea to travel with friends/family! lol :scared1: My mom wants to go on our cruise with us next year, hopefully she will forget. lol

Your plans started out so great!!:)

Then, you found about your tummy problems!:hug:

Decided you were going to do something nice for your daughter and friends.:blush:

And ended up with stomach problems and two PITA's.:worried::sad::confused3

So sorry for your troubles, but I hope you were able to at least make a few good memories!!::yes:::bitelip:

OMG I'm so angry for you!! I know we can never know how our kids will react at Disney but seriously?!?! This "friend" of yours should have had her DD well warned about the desserts and spending money! Fair is fair! Hope the rest of the trip went smoothly but I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter