• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our 1 day Magic Kingdom Touring Plan and details during Covid

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
Our Touring Plan.

We recently did a 1 night trip to Disney. We arrived at Wilderness Lodge at 6:15am, left our luggage with Bell Services and got on a bus to MK at 7am. It was pretty chilly, we are from RI so not as cold as home. We were so excited to head to the park, but i was nervous on what it would be like wearing a mask all day.

We got to Magic Kingdom at 7:12am and they opened the gate at 7:24. We headed straight to 7 dwarves mine train. Social distancing was followed and everyone had their mask on. We were in line for about 10 minutes before we were on the ride. It was great as usual and a nice way to start the day. We then headed to Space Mountain and done by 8. Wearing a mask on Space Mountain was difficult for me, I needed air immediately when I got off. Everyone else in my party was fine though. We then went straight to Buzz and walked right on. It was probably the first time in a while that we have rode this without any breakdowns, but not all of our lasers worked. We then headed to Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Under the Sea. These were all under 10 minute waits. By this time we were all a little hungry and had planned on stopping at Gaston's for Cinnamon buns so we did, the line there was the longest we had all morning. The buns are huge and can easily be shared, we also ordered Gaston' brew which was ok.

After our snacks, we headed to Peter Pan with a 25 minute wait. We took some pictures with the carriage and headed to Philarmagic. The wait for Philarmagic was 20 minutes. Everyone was spaced out for the show. We then put in our mobile order for Cosmic Rays. I am not a fan of Cosmic Rays, but we had my 11 year old nephew with us and he loves it there. We watched Carousel of Progress and then headed to get our food. It was not horrible, but not good. We decided to head to Main St and take some pictures and grab dessert at Starbucks. We got to a see 3 cavalcades while at MK, they were all fun to see. We went to some of the shops and left MK at 2:45 for a break.

We headed back to MK for our Liberty Tree Tavern reservation for 5:30pm. We were able to check in our phone and they were running on time. Our service was not good here, which was disappointing. The last time we came it was great. The food was good and we were all full. We decided to do something calm since we had just ate.

We headed to Country Bear Jamboree, we all like this show so it was a good time. We then headed to Dumbo, Barnstormer and Winnie the Pooh. We spent some time in the Pooh shop before heading to It's a Small World, this was a wait of 35 minutes and they were not seating the boats right. Some boats only had 1 row occupied and others had 3. Some of the boats only left one room in between groups and some left 2 open.
We then headed to Big Thunder Mountain (20 min wait) and Splash (walk on). It was now 9:50pm. Half of our group decided on Space Mountain one more time and the other half decided on holiday treats from Auntie Gravity's. On the way out we took tons of pictures on Main St until about 10:45/11pm. The bus to Wilderness Lodge was already at the stop and we got back to our room by 11:30pm.

It was a great day and our touring plan really worked for us. Hope this helps someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter