other ways to get to target for groceries?

micminmom

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used uber or a taxi to travel from Aulani to Target to pickup groceries? Is this cost effective? I've read that there is also a trolley in the area, is that an option?

I'm so thankful for these boards, you all have such great insights!

I've been checking Uber availability in that area and it seems few and far between. You may wait a while for one. You should check with Alamo at Aulani on the cost of a one day rental while you're there. By the time you pay for a taxi to and from the resort plus the time waiting while you shop, it may work out to be the same cost as a one day rental. Plus having your own car means you could take your time and make extra stops if needed. Just a thought!

I'll second the suggestion above. You might like to stop at the Dole Plantation while on your way to grocery shop.

We are debating this too. We want to use Uber, but as stating above, when we check for availability it seems there isn't much in that area. We plan to either take a cab or hope there happens to be a Uber car nearby. I have read the cab company will take you to the grocery store for a flat rate.

Any suggestions for buying grocery's (like pasta, sauce, bagels,drinks, snacks) my son will be feeding 3 grown teenagers who eat a lot. What is the closest store to resort? (BJ's, Target or Publix) Thanks so much in advance for help. I'm pretty sure he will rent a car for at least a day to shop.

I just checked pricing for one day/24 hour rental with pickup at HNL airport and drop off in Ko Olina and it is roughly $60 dollars with Alamo depending on the day. You might be able to book something even cheaper with a coupon/discount code from somewhere. It is the same price to do a same day rental but you need to drop off before they close in Aulani (not sure when that is) If you are booked in a DVC room, your parking is free and if you are not, it is 37/day to park. If you rented for a day, you can get to Aulani and perhaps get your Target run done on the way or early the next day. Costco is showing $45 for the 24 hour period

Any suggestions for buying grocery's (like pasta, sauce, bagels,drinks, snacks) my son will be feeding 3 grown teenagers who eat a lot. What is the closest store to resort? (BJ's, Target or Publix) Thanks so much in advance for help. I'm pretty sure he will rent a car for at least a day to shop.

I believe there is a Safeway, Target, Walmart and Costco a short drive from Aulani. Costco may be a good idea since you can buy in bulk =)

Crystal is correct, the above are all in Kapolei, one highway exit back toward the airport and Honolulu. There is also a Foodland and many restaurant options there as well.

Is there anything similar to WDW's Garden Grocer in the area that will deliver groceries to the resort?

Good to know Thanks so much. He will have a rental car, it def will help with saving some money over 12 days. He would go bankrupt if they were eating all meals out.

I believe there is a Safeway, Target, Walmart and Costco a short drive from Aulani. Costco may be a good idea since you can buy in bulk =)

Crystal is correct, the above are all in Kapolei, one highway exit back toward the airport and Honolulu. There is also a Foodland and many restaurant options there as well.

Is there anything similar to WDW's Garden Grocer in the area that will deliver groceries to the resort?

Not that I've heard of or read about. If one exists, it's either the best kept secret or its brand new!

We take 4 people to aulani every year. The car is between 300 and 400 for 10 days. By the time we pay for shuttle to hotel, taxis for groceries etc it's much easier and not much more expensive to pay for a car even though we rarely leave the resort. We get free DVC parking. If we had to pay to park that would definitely change our decision.

Don't forget that for anyone with commissary access the Pearl Harbor Commissary is right near the airport, right on the drive to Aulani and it's a very easy stop. Prices are considerably cheaper there than elsewhere.
(That commissary does not allow guests though, only ID holders) Schofield Commissary allows guests with valid id holders.

Not that I've heard of or read about. If one exists, it's either the best kept secret or its brand new!

Thanks. With all of the villa properties around there, I am surprised that no one has seized that opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter