Other Than Your Home Resort(s), What Is Your Favorite DVC Resort?

Favorite DVC Resort (Not Including Your Home Resort)

• Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

• Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

• Disney's Beach Club Villas

• Disney's BoardWalk Villas

• Disney's Old Key West Resort

• Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

• The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

• Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort

• Disney's Vero Beach Resort

• Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa

• The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Results are only viewable after voting.
We own at BLT and that's definitely my fave, but Aulani is next, and OKW is my next fave at WDW. Love the large living area in the 2BR at OKW.

This was a strangely worded poll for me. First of all, we own more than one resort, and they are both our favorites. Secondly, other than Aulani, I usually only stay at our home resorts, BECAUSE they are our favorites. That being said, I voted for Aulani as my favorite resort I don't own. If the poll would have been for my favorite resort, I would have voted for OKW.

I voted for AKV before reading the part that said other than your home resort. Aulani is in a class by itself and a dream location so I won't include it against the Disney parks resorts. BWV is my favorite non-home resort. We are here right now and it is just super magical.:cloud9:

My favorite location is BWV, but we own there, otherwise I'd say that AKV is a beautiful resort which we've really enjoyed staying at. The themeing and having those savanna views is awesome.

We own at our favorite resorts. So next on the list would have to be BLT because of its location and attachment to the Contemporary, where we honeymooned 35 years ago.

Picking a favorite where we don't own isn't that easy because we seem to keep buying at places we like (BLT, VGC, BCV, and now VGF). The only non-owned one we really like that we've stayed at is VB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

My home resort is BWV and after staying at Aulani last month, that would be my next fav!

I own at SSR and AKV and those are my favorites for THV and Paddock Pool, and Savanna views and Jiko, Boma and Sanaa. We have stayed at all the East Coast DVCs and most often return to BWV (mostly for F& W) so I chose that, although HHI is a dear favorite.

We own at BLT and VWL! We have stayed every where at WDW but BCV. We will be staying there next week for the first time. WOOHOO! We have also stayed at the GCV on 3 trips to Cali. I don't think it is even close. GCV wins hands down! Aulani must wait until next summer so my vote could change. How did the new Villas at the Floridian get votes? Am I missing something?

We own at BCV and AKV (AKV is our favorite). Outside of our home resorts we really enjoy staying at OKV, we enjoy the laid back feel and we love the walk to DTD.

We haven't stayed at all the resorts so this is a pretty limited viewpoint. I have a feeling that we would love Aulani.

By not being able to include AKV and SSR, in my mind it only left me with BCV. I've stayed at OKW, WLV, and BWV also. The only one I have no real interest to stay at again is BWV. I love all the DVC resorts for the most part, and my home resorts are my favorite, but Stormalong Bay is great, as is the short walk to Epcot.
Why do you not want to stay in BWV again? I'll be booking my first DVC resort stay in a couple of months and looking for (negative) opinions to the resorts I've narrowed my choices to.

Why do you not want to stay in BWV again? I'll be booking my first DVC resort stay in a couple of months and looking for (negative) opinions to the resorts I've narrowed my choices to.

We stayed at the BWV last year and we loved it. My DD9 loved the clown slide and the pool so we spent an entire day there. The Flying Fish has become one of our favs in all of WDW. The only negatives would be the boats to Epcot/DS. It seemed to take too long so we just walked. Do you have young children going?

I have not stayed at all the resorts I want to try so I don't know if my vote will be fair.

Not stayed at all yet...so far my fave is BCV. We own OKW, AKV and HHI. DH and DS say their fave is VWL...don't know what my 2 DDs think (will have to ask them...one DD said BWV and the other said THV, though we have never done a THV, but she really wants to). DH and I will be staying at BLT for the 1st time (we did stay at CR once and LOVED it) in Oct and then my whole family will stay at AKV for the 1st time in Dec. Then all we need to try is VGF (for East coast DVC) and I'll really be able to say which is my fave.

After my home resorts AKV would get my vote. I enjoy talking to all the African cast members. They are eager to share their knowledge and love of their home countries. They also are so proud of Disney and the opportunities they've been given. I love the architecture, the total ambiance, the restaurants and of course, the animals. I'll never go to Africa, go on safari and stay in some exotic lodge. This is as close as I'll ever get.

DW says AKL Kidani because of the decor and the extra bathroom.

DS (9) says OKW because if the old timey feel.

DD (11) says OKW because she's very familiar with it.

For me it's AKL. Loved the size of the 1BR and we ended up with a surprise savannah view. I know that was a fluke but still made it feel special.

We stayed at the BWV last year and we loved it. My DD9 loved the clown slide and the pool so we spent an entire day there. The Flying Fish has become one of our favs in all of WDW. The only negatives would be the boats to Epcot/DS. It seemed to take too long so we just walked. Do you have young children going?
No young children. Just 2-4-6 adults (we are still working on if anyone is joining us). Walking is completely fine with us. The reason I'm so interested in BWV is I LOVE people watching. If I can get a room with a Boardwalk view, I think we'll be very happy (any outdoor noise aside). Also, not having kids makes the pool at BCV not as a necessity to try (even though I've always wished I could try it....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter