OT- What do you do w/ your left over steaks.

cancer_survivor_06

DIS Veteran
I am posting this here b/c I have seen and subscribed to the cheap and easy casseroles thread here. Last night dh and I cooked steaks they were fabulous but I still have 5 left I was only supposed to have 3 left which would be fine for me and dd6 b/c dh left for work (he works offshore). Well my brothers kids don't eat steak now grant it I think this strange but so are kids I guess. Mostly I find it hard to believe b/c my dd6 eats what we eat not whatever she feels like.

Anyway,

I have filet mignon steak (best steak ever on sale for half price) we cooked them on the grill but I would like some other way to fix them that would be a meal that me and dd will eat other than steak and potatoes. We are not picky eaters we like veggies and pastas's, potatoes, rice, all types of food so please share your left over receipes.

Sounds like a good salad to me. Slice it thin and put it over lettuce. YUM!!

I was also going to suggest over lettuce with shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes and ranch dressing.

You could slice it thin and pile the steak into a sub roll with green peppers and onion.

How about a stir fry? Beef and broccoli or pepper steak served over rice. Yummy!

Chili , just did that tonight with left over grilled meat.

altho, I'd go for the fajitas first myself!

put a little gorgonzola on that salad! Yum!
BTW, your child is unusual. Most kids can't even chew steak at that age. My son is a vegetarian, we eat steak and he eats beans.

I always either do the fajitas, or I wrap the steaks loosely in foil with cut up yellow, red & green bell peppers and red onions with lots of teriaki sauce and bake in the oven for a while. I LOVE them this way with wild rice.

Lives4Disney :)

We love to use our leftover steaks to make steak sandwiches.

I saute thinly sliced onion and green or red peppers in a little butter. Slice a loaf of french bread length-wise. I slice the steak into thin strips, put them on the bread and top with the peppers and onions. We are cheese lovers so I then add a layer of provolone cheese and pop the sandwich into the oven until the cheese has melted. Sometimes I turn the broiler on in the oven to brown the cheese a bit too.

My family loves these.

Kabobs
Swiss Steak is always good with left-over steak.
Chili
Stroganoff
I don't know why, but I immediately thought of an omlet wtih steak in it!
I love Ceasar salad with thinly sliced steak on it.
Once it's cooked, you can chop/slice it up any way you want it and freeze it, FYI. If you can't think of enough to do with it now, that's always an option.
One thing for me about left over steak is that I like my steak medium rare, and if we re-heat it, it always ends up overcooked for me. So, I tend to use it in stuff that I don't care whether it's too done or not.

What is leftover steak?

I've heard of leftovers.

I know all about steak.

The two words together do not make sense in my brain.

Chop steak into pieces and add to Rice A Roni Spanish Rice mix. If you like it spicy then add salsa in place of some of the canned tomatoes. This also works well for leftover roast.

I just made this the other night.

Tarragon Beef and Pasta Salad

1 cup macaroni, medium shell, uncooked

8 oz roast beef, cooked, sliced in strips

1 cup celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick

1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup onion, red, sliced 1/4 inch thick

1 cup yogurt, plain, non fat

1/2 cup mayonnaise, or salad dressing, low fat

1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped

1/4 cup tarragon, fresh, chopped

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain, and refrigerate. In a large bowl, stir together beef, celery, tomatoes and red onions (separated into rings). Stir into macaroni. Refrigerate at least one hour. In another bowl, stir together yogurt, mayo or salad dressing, parsley, chives, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Can be served one of two ways: - Place onto plates or into bowls, and pour a spoonful of dressing over top, without mixing it together. - Pour dressing over the entire salad and serve in a large bowl

throw it in with spaghetti sauce and let it cook all day in a crock pot --great meat sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter