OT- Was there a cereal recall?

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
This is a weird question, but I can't find my favorite Honey Nut Chex anywhere? I went from getting them almost every week but now I can't find them on any store shelves. None of the big supermarkets have it either. Was there a recall I don't know about?

There isn't anything about a recall on the General Mills website. I've found that a lot of times when a particular popular product goes missing there is some sort of complication at the plant (broken machinery, strikes, etc.)

Last year I bought my usual large box of Gain with bleach detergent. When I opened it up I noticed it didn't have the blue crystals that were always there before. I wasn't sure if those were the "bleach" part of the detergent (since regular Gain didn't have them). I called the company to make sure there was still bleach in the detergent. The lady I spoke to explained to me that the plant that made the blue crystals was damaged in Hurricaine Katrina. Apparently they are just decoration because I was guarenteed my detergent had bleach in it. The company even sent me a coupon for a free box of any size of Gain (I wasn't expecting this).

You might want to call General Mills and see what's up. I think they appreciate it when a consumer is looking for their product and cares enough to call (or email!).

Hope you find your cereal... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter